Thugs' Mugs + Nugs

Thanks for the feedback.
Actually, the gap between the middle shade and other shades on Yuna is approximately the same as with Enna.
The fact that I used the darkest skin tone for the particularly contrast heavy points in Enna’s hair probably led to the illusion that it was different.
Not that I’m defending my color choice - I’ll admit freely it might look a bit weird and harkens back more to FE6 color choices than FE7/8. But I like it. lol

Also, I usually assume people will recolor for practical use. I try my best not to make shared colors on the palette too obtuse, but in most cases I do end up with at least one area on the mug that can’t be easily recolored (aka the hue doesn’t matter). Oh well.

1 Like

went a little wild playing with the splice kit I made LMAO
splice kit test
won’t add this to the repo unless I make frames (not likely)

Splice kit + the mug the hand component came from

Yasako_Splicekit_Vol1
stupid
The hand is not in the splice kit because to be honest I forgot this mug was so interesting (also it’s very easy to splice already)

7 Likes

I woke up from a stupor, ate breakfast, then made these class cards because I wanted to try practicing the class card style.
IIRC class cards are all F2E right? These are F2E in any case.
T3Fighter (M) Axe {Yasako}
T3Fighter (M) Bow {Yasako}
T3Fighter (M) Fists {Yasako}
T3Fighter (M) Lance {Yasako}

15 Likes

I made a sword version of the class card a couple days ago.
I’ll post to the repo once I have more of a backlog.
T3Fight (M) Sword {Yasako}

10 Likes

These are super cool. Definitely usable, nice work!

1 Like

I was on the computer to install new drivers, so I slapped together a quick fix for Yuna from Duo Leveling.
She looked odd when flipped due to her jaw + hair being kinda strange.
The frames still work fine, I just deleted unnecessary portions because I didn’t want to redraw them.
Yuna DuoLeveling JawFix

edit: also, since this would be a really REALLY minor update to post with otherwise, have some non-FE weird sprite thingos I made for my old vtuber account:

big

Kinosheeta
Launchah
and a scrapped redesign concept art thing (not pixel art but whatever)
Kinov2 concept
(also the original concept art but only the pfp thumbnail version because the art is big)

Because the design and account have been scrapped, you’re free to use or edit them however you like, although I’m not sure if they’re even slightly usable for FE hackrom purposes

4 Likes

In case anyone was wondering the weird lil mannequin heads from the weird lil guide thing I posted in the other topic are F2U/F2E if you wanna use them as bases for something for some reason
They were pretty oversized because I eyeballed pixels instead of counting them and contradicted my own goddamn text, but after like half an hour of shifting and filling pixels in nervously here are appropriately sized ones:
weird lil mannequin heads

Also I realized that edit from the last post uhhh… I messed up and the portrait display in the stat screen is broken so here’s a fix (it involved literally just re-pasting the spot I accidentally deleted)
Yuna DuoLeveling JawFix

I also noticed problems with the Enna portrait, but they can’t be fixed by just moving things to the left or right, so I’m gonna have to splice her frames back onto her and stuff. Big pain

1 Like

I am recovering from the Precipice of Death (aka GI issues) but I’ve FINALLY!!! got off my ass and opened usenti/mspaint/aseprite.
It’s all WIPs but I’m gonna dump 'em here before I forget that I ever did it

I learned about neck laterals so I immediately put the knowledge to use with boobies:
Boobies
Not my preferred kind of boobs, but hey, boobs are boobs.

This dude is an old OC. I’m trying to convert his concept art to a GBAFE mug.
Daxen

Fixing the Enna mug.
enna

Ugly.
Christmas Cav 1

Archer girl that I’ll get to eventually I promise.
Liese

2 Likes

I only did a little bit, but I wish to be rewarded for persisting and doing SOMETHING despite the fact that Southern California is currently being hit with quite the heat wave, so uh, give me praise and Pocari Sweat.

Ugly guy is almost done, sans frames. I’m aware his pauldrons are distractingly asymmetrical, but I don’t care enough to fix it. I think reducing the trim on the right should mostly curb the issue though.
Christmas Cav 1

Also progress on OC guy
Daxen

Also Enna’s pose is getting changed for the V2 and I need to somehow make her look less sweet and angelic because she is an awful creature (I love her)
enna

Finally, as filler so the post isn’t too disappointing, I’d like to share a commission I did (but cropped, zoomed in, and blurry so as not to spoil anything). If the commissioner is fine with me revealing it I’ll go ahead though P:
HEHEHEH

2 Likes

I finished the ugly dude
Yasako - F2E - Christmas Jagen Red

Also uhhhhhhh I did a commission for @Bacon_Eggs like the other commission for Blood Over Steel go check it out (preview:)
Hmmmm

2 Likes

You can show the portraits without the frames. It’s cool :+1:

1 Like

oh ok (not F2U/F2E (YET???))
Nothin personnel

6 Likes

With the progress so far, I could get a beta out eventually once the story gets ironed out. I’m sure people will start swiping those designs and use them before me way before I get my hack out lol.

Gonna update OP with all the updates + I FINALLY DID IT
Liese

Edit: Also I’ve started a bit of work on a romhack or something. mostly planning and messing with the file tree in the skillsys buildfile

Some design sheet content

10 Likes

Brain is too shriveled up from heat rn to keep looking at that damn buildfile structure and open up tabs for event codes etc so I’m just pixeling it up lol

(NOT F2E/F2U YET)
Lira-neckfix maybe

Neck was broken in this version so I cut the head off and anyone can use the following for splices, but please change the colors:
Spliceable

edit: lol fixes that were suffering + another unit for my concept (which I still haven’t really started on because I’m not sure how to order the first 2-3 chapters to make it make narrative sense to the player and be well-paced with non-horrible gameplay)
Lira-Revision10292032
Pyrel
Still a little peeved by how much cleaner the second guy is, mostly due to the fact that the art from the design sheet was cleaner without having a big ol’ mass of empty space in the hair lol
Again, not F2E/F2U; I generally submit everything that I’m not possessive of to the repo once I’ve gotten enough of a backlog, anyway.

Edit2: Two more portraits and the ch.1/prologue crew will be complete and I will no longer have excuses to procrastinate on eventing ch.1/prologue
Also, my boy’s rocking hair like if Ranka Lee and Olwen(?) had a fusion
Orlando
Not F2E/F2U

7 Likes

Yae Miko, a commission for @NanayaJacob
YaeMikoHair
F2U/F2E

Non-F2E/F2U - my personal project stuff

Carmen
Harpe
Lira
Orlando
Pyrel

12 Likes

I’ve been seeing these in spritans. Your commissions are very impressive, Yasako. These custom designs for your own hack are maybe a little plain in comparison to some of those, but are very clean and pleasing to the eye. Looking forward to seeing more of them, and your project!

2 Likes

alright I’m still on a mental health break from doing literally anything but it’s becoming increasingly apparent that Star Lode won’t be entering development for a long while and I didn’t want the portraits to go unused so I’m starting mostly visually distinct edits for them so they don’t go unused
I started one already but I ended up being overambitious and changing too much instead of just splicing parts on and editing and I really don’t want to spend too much effort on making a portrait I made for my personal use to make it usable for others without seeing my Pwecious OCs in someone else’s hack so I’ll just drop him here for anyone to finish (or just add actual frames) if they want
Orland_F2E Edition

2 Likes

What have you been up to Yasako?!!!
[Not F2E/F2U, not that these are particularly stealable]
Yasako_hand3-2

[F2U/F2E]
I got mad at ryan on feucord for not spriting kasumi’s buns correctly and ended up doing this whole thing instead of being normal
Kasumi

On the same train of thought, I got mad at ryan’s moca and then put together four mugs for them to splice from but then did it myself lol (I am the most bored bitch on the planet rn)
moca

Also a base for big muscular guy that isn’t Hawkeye (it should therefore be compatible with more heads)
Boobies

other things

I challenged myself to draw a skull from memory. It gives me threatening vibes.

I drew Enna Alouette but it’s not Enna at all it’s some edgy vampire demon thing I produced by opposite day-ifying Enna Alouette’s design.

I was entertaining the idea of making TLP but not really in LT and drew a Shon (redesigned because he looks way too old to be such a twerp in the original ok) experimenting with modding the LT engine mug stuff.

6 Likes

image-1
image-2
image-3

this is what I’ve been doing lately to procrastinate on mugs

5 Likes