The Under

It feels so ancient to see a thread lasting this long.

The private lounge area is a lie. It has never existed. It does not exist. And it will never exist. Donā€™t trust achievement descriptions. Oh, the rename threads bit is dead too, but that used to actually exist.

2 Likes

Then, the private lounge does exist, I wonder what kind of dark secrets are there.

2 Likes

Itā€™s where we store the bad game design elements, you donā€™t want to be there.

2 Likes

TLP 2?

Thatā€™s a name I havenā€™t heard of in a long time.

1 Like

I watched the new Spiderman movie. I thought it was pretty good, but the scene where Doctor Octopus goes full-on ā€˜Japan modeā€™ with Aunt May felt a little bit gratuitous.

4 Likes

Is that why the movie was rated NC-17?

Itā€™s New Yearā€™s Eve, so that means itā€™s time forā€¦

Darrā€™s 2021 Retrospective

• Worked on an entry for MAFC5, Parliament of Heroes
  • Wrote too much dialogue and get disqualified
  • Got annoyed about being disqualified
  • Made a quick Cipher-themed hack for April Fools
  • Translated the menus of Genealogy of Tordo, an FE4 hack
  • Celebrated FE4ā€™s 25th anniversary
  • Purchased a domain
  • Started watching the original Yugioh
  • Started translating the first Yugioh game
  • Played a whole bunch of Cipher
  • Signed up for the FEE3 PR committee
  • Started completing my Jugdral Cipher card collection
  • Did nothing of note over the summer
  • Recorded my Chalphy Castle trailer before the FEE3 deadline
  • Actually started building Chalphy Castle
  • Entered the Two-Hour Blitz by dusting off my FE1 knowledge
  • 100% completed the Yugioh translation!
  • Started experimenting with hacking GBA Yugioh

Next year, Iā€™llā€¦

• Have all my free time eaten by college
  • Get around to finishing my website
  • Make an April Fools hack of some dubious quality
  • Occasionally stick my head in whenever Iā€™m mentioned or names are bickered about
8 Likes

2021 has been a year, I think. Yeah.

Iā€™ve managed to do a pretty decent chunk of work this year.

This yearā€™s April Fools project was a rehash of an old joke: writing THUMB assembly directly as part of an EA buildfile. While this was mostly a joke, I actually think itā€™s a neat idea for implementing small hacks and edits.

Another thing I didā€“this one very recentlyā€“was a GBA-styled battle forecast for FE5. Itā€™sā€¦ not as good as I would like due to some layering limitations, but whatever.

Something that really slipped under the radar was a redo? Alternate implementation? Me flexing? of Veslyā€™s RepairItems. To be honest, I hardly remember doing this, but it was an opportunity to stave off rust and prove I can still write THUMB. Have a blurry no$gba debugger GIF:

9lHBtzBPke

Thereā€™s also my tools repo, where Iā€™ve been trying to post useful scripts and resources for other people to use.

I canā€™t think of any other new things I did that I could talk about. Most things were just me working on existing projects, I guess. I wish that I had spent more time working on my personal hack rather than general stuff. Maybe 2022 will be different?

7 Likes

I did stuff with J&Prequel, finished the Mario & Luigi games, and got back into Kirby, and consequently falling into the dark hole that is anime cuz Right Back at Ya.

I uhh. Joined the community I guess. Started and cancelled several hacks.
Joined the Psyche Telephone Hack in August.
And uhh. Thats it I guess.
Happy 2022!

I guess I started chapter 1 of my hack in september and havenā€™t finished it.
That counts as an achievement, right?
Anyway, happy new year

made this at the request of my little brother. untested. sources here (mainly wizardry/no-exp-except-arena & wizardry/arena-commitment.event)

5 Likes

3 Likes

Btw I return to FEU. Probably wonā€™t join the discord again will just post funny and get into debates about best waifu idfk but may make a post about why I left if anyone would care

who are you

1 Like

holy shit adam is back
return to discord (the underest is gone)

Return of the Adam

But do I ask why itā€™s gone? Do I even bother why the channel was Thanosā€™d?

heā€™s just relaying an information man, relax lmao

welcome back btw