The Mighty General Lü Bu

Which non-magical Fire Emblem character has a chance against the mighty General Lü Bu?

Besides Fire Emblem I have other favorite game franchises such as the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi games.
In fact I was exited the moment I found out about Fire Emblem Warriors.

Looking at Lü Bu’s base stats in FE standards (according to his stats in Dynasty Warriors)
I would give him the following base stats as a General/Paladin.

Level 19 General Great Knight or Paladin

HP 50
Str 19
Skl 20
Spd 19
Lck 16
Def 25
Res 17
Con 15

Sword rank A Lance rank A Axe rank A

His inventory: Silver Sword, Qinglong Ji (spear), Tomahawk
Qinglong Ji stats: Uses 20 Mt: 13 Hit: 75% Crit: 10% range: 1-2 Wt: 16

Lü Bu is in a throne which grants him 30% avoid +3 defense and it heals Lü Bu 4 health points each turn.

"1. Only using a character with class line Paladin (Cavalier, Paladin, Gold Knight) or General (Armored Knight, General, Marshall). A character with class not belonged to General or Paladin class line but have class same as Paladin or General is ok.
2. Unable to use a weapon with “effective against” effect, unless character personal weapon.
3. Unable to use a sacred weapon, unless character personal weapon.
4. Unable to use a personal sacred weapon with effect “effective against”.
5. Unable to use Skills that not belonged to the character’s original class line.
6. Only using character original to Fire Emblem Original series game, fan game character is forbidden.
7. Character’s maximum stats are limited to FE GBA system, even that character is not original from FE GBA system.
8. No throne, no healing,… fair battle in an arena custom map. (Updated later).
9. Lu Bu can use his personal weapon, “Qinglong Ji”, a spear with a poleax effect. Weapon stats are the same as Spear but far heavier. A match must be 3 battles.

• Sword Battle (only using Silver Sword)
  • Lance Battle (chose only ranged or mele, only using Spear)
  • Axe Battle (chose only ranged or mele, only using Tomahawk)
  • Personal Weapon Battle (free fight, unless character personal weapon is unable to attack ranged then only using mele) (optional)
  1. No cheat.
  2. Lu Bu class must be the same as the opponent. General vs General. Paladin vs Paladin"

Which non-magical FE character can defeat Lü Bu?

Lu%20Bu%202
Lu%20Bu%203

Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei :v

About Lu Bu equipment, his original weapon is a red steal spear half poleax. He hasn’t use other weapon than that. But one time he use a bow. Lu Bu used to face Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei as the same time in one battle. The battle was draw but I think Lu Bu is more powerful than any three of them combine. Lu Bu’s army was defeated by Cao Cao and Liu Bei combined force and being bring to execute. He was begging Liu Bei to save him but Liu Bei instead remind Cao Cao about Lu Bu many times betrayed his allied and Cao Cao send Lu Bu to death by shooting many arrow to him. His hourse, called “Red Rabbit” is giving to Guan Yu long time after that when Cao Cao attack and deafet Liu Bei and force his brother in arm, Guan Yu, to work for him. “Red Rabbit” was a present from Dong Zhou to Lu Bu in time Lu Bu still work for Ding Yuan. Lu Bu betrayed and killed Dinh Yuan, go to work for Dong Zhou. After that, he betrayed and killed Dong Zhou for a lady called Diaochan, which is not only of Dong Shou wife but also Lu Bu girlfriend. He married Diaochan after that. Both him and Diaochan killed by Cao Cao after Lu Bu defeated.

Thank you for your comment but you did not mentioned a Fire Emblem character who can defeat Lü Bu in a fight/battle.

1 Like

Just give Perceval a Horseslayer or something. Maybe a vulnerary too.

1 Like

Black Knight/Zelgius is the Lu Bu of the Fire Emblem series. So I would say a battle between the two could be amazing!

1 Like

Lü Bu is in a throne which grants him 30% avoid +3 defense and it heals Lü Bu 4 health points each turn.

A nefarious individual poisons Lü Bu’s mutton, killing him in short order before 7_Legault_7 can edit his post and change the terms of engagement again.

6 Likes

I forgot to add that factor though lol. Hence the edit.

Perceval still 2RKOs or 3RKOs him at base and doesn’t take much damage from the Silver Sword. He might take a fair beating from the tomahawk though when Lu Bu initiates but I doubt it’ll kill him. Btw, this is assuming base Perceval and not if he was at the same level of Lu Bu.

1 Like

I’d love to see that. Could you perhaps find someone in this forum that could make a FE portrait of him?

It is possible to create this fight between Perceval and Lu Bu. I can record the fight upload it in YouTube and share it here :wink:

Most Third-tier radiant dawn characters could probably beat him. You could beat him with path of radiance characters by using the critical underflow glitch. (or just rolling a luna/aether). and you could defeat him in the gba games by having one of his soldiers step on a mine. :wink:

Oh yeah, Shadow’s of Valentia’s Alm would pone him and so would Saber. (For comparison, my Alm finished the game with over 30 defense)

Honestly (no intent to insult your character) he looks about as strong as a Por mid/lategame boss (yes, I’m considering his inventory and the throne too).
By comparison here’s Bryce from por.

Level 20
Class General
HP 50
Str 23
Skl 21
Spd 18
Lck 17
Def 25
Res 16
Con 13
Mov 6

Wields a wishblade (spear with 16 Might and 80 Hit)
He also is sitting on a throne/gate I believe, and he has the skill daunt which lowers nearby opponent’s hit rates by 5%.

How about making the game harder @7_Legault_7?

1. Only using a character with class line Paladin (Cavalier, Paladin, Gold Knight) or General (Armored Knight, General, Marshall). A character with class not belonged to General or Paladin class line but have class same as Paladin or General is ok.
  2. Unable to use a weapon with “effective against” effect, unless character personal weapon.
  3. Unable to use a sacred weapon, unless character personal weapon.
  4. Unable to use a personal sacred weapon with effect “effective against”.
  5. Unable to use Skills that not belonged to the character’s original class line.
  6. Only using character original to Fire Emblem Original series game, fangame character is forbidden.
  7. Character’s maximum stats are limited to FEGBA system, even that character is not original from FEGBA system.
  8. No throne, no healing,… fair battle in an arena custom map. (Updated later).
  9. Lu Bu can use his personal weapon, “Qinglong Ji”, a spear with a poleax effect. Weapon stats are the same as Spear but far heavier. A match must be 3 battles.
  • Sword Battle (only using Silver Sword)
  • Lance Battle (chose only ranged or mele, only using Spear)
  • Axe Battle (chose only ranged or mele, only using Tomahawk)
  • Personal Weapon Battle (free fight, unless character personal weapon is unable to attack ranged then only using mele) (optional)
  1. No cheat.
  2. Lu Bu class must be the same as the opponent. General vs General. Paladin vs Paladin
  3. Record a video, upload on youtube and share the link here for everyone to watch and comment.

I’m less interested in talking about what class/stats Lü Bu would be as a Fire Emblem unit and more interested in his story; it’s a great example of the Three Kingdoms mythos having a lot that Fire Emblem stories can learn from. Even though Lü Bu was considered by many to be the most powerful warrior in the world, his competence on the battlefield didn’t translate to diplomacy well at all. He did a lot of waffling on whether to betray Liu Bei and/or make an ally out of Yuan Shu (yes, Yuan Shu is the last person you want as your only ally, but he’s better than nothing) and his irrational actions ended up screwing him over when Liu Bei was willing to join forces with Cao Cao, his rival, to take Lü Bu out.

There is the Dynasty Warriors narrative of Lü Bu going down fighting and dying with pride instead of surrendering, but the reality is that he’d already made his own bed by burning all of his bridges before the last battle even happened. It’s a great example of cause and effect at play in narratives: you’ve got this amazingly powerful guy who seems invincible, but then when he gets defeated you can look back and see the circumstances that lead to his undoing. Reminds me of Sigurd in FE4: his fate feels like a surprise twist at first, but if you look back you can see him walking into it every step of the way.

As for who could beat him? FE1 Marth with the Falchion because the FE1 Falchion makes it impossible for enemies to attack you. The best circumstances Lü Bu would have against him would be if he were on a throne/gate that restored his health faster than Marth could damage him and they would be in a stalemate… Unless Lü could make some kind of Faustian deal with Medeus to get past the Falchion’s protection. Man, I wish FE Warriors had been a Dynasty Warriors crossover. That would’ve been rad.

4 Likes

The purpose of this is to pit Lü Bu against a Fire Emblem character in a fight to the death.

But thank you for your comment anyway :slight_smile:

That’s why I suggested FE1 Marth with the Falchion, yeah.

1 Like

The rest was unnecessary to read. I’ve played Dynasty Warrior games so I’m very aware of Lü Bu’s dealings with Liu Bei and Cao Cao. I’m sure many here are aware of that.

Could you please edit your post and just leave FE1 Marth with a Falchion?

Is this Nobesawa?

Wow… Savage

I’m not going to do that because my posts are as much food for thought for everyone reading them as they are part of conversations. The stuff about Lü Bu’s storyline wasn’t directed at you in particular; I really believe that the Three Kingdoms story has a lot that aspiring Fire Emblem fangame makers can learn from. I get that the thread is more about stats, tho, so I apologise for being off topic. The ROTK is my favourite book and I rarely get a chance to gush about it.

5 Likes

At least 6 feet tall wearing almost full plate mail while one handed twirling a weapon bigger than his torso and able to leap six 6 or so feet in the air with such. This is obviously a job for Hector.