The King's Last Wish [COMPLETE] (V3.0 - New Chapters and Playable Units)

How do you recruit the cavalier on ch13? I have used every single unit in the game and nobody is accepted at the starting village

You use the recruit you get on that chapter (gunvald).

1 Like

I think you should have a message that says something like ā€œI only join the army if X guy visit meā€,
or any kind of hint.
Otherwise people will suppose only the lord can visit villages.

Admittedly, it would be nice to be able to give the player some kind of hint, but I think saying something along those lines would be unnatural, she does not know him, so she wouldnā€™t be seeking him out. Also, I think the fact that there is a house there that can be visited, that when visited with the wrong unit yields no reward/tip of any kind, most people would assume that there is something to be gained from the house, and would try visiting it with other units.

Aight Iā€™m done with the gameā€¦although tbh the cut from defeating the final bosses straight to the character endings, without any final scenes inbetween, did feel kinda off. Nonetheless, it was a pretty decent hack experience overall; for one aiming to stay vanilla it sure gets that off fine. Raising Charlotte and watching her become an overpowered stat stick was super fun, and both of the gotoh characters in the end were quite solid, which is a good thing considering endgame can be rather demading for good stats. Also out of the 3 unit choices I ended up choosing the sage and I believe itā€™s the best option out of the 3; not only is he another staffbot with solid damage due to not being weighed down by fimbulvetr, he can also support shelly, another strong magic user in a game where those are so scarce that hitting an opponentā€™s res is a luxury.
But yeah keep up the good work, with more additional feedback from others Iā€™m sure the hack can keep striving even higher!

Thank you for the kind words, and I agree that it does feel a little off that it just cuts straight to character endings, but I was going for sort of a once itā€™s over itā€™s over sort of thing, I wanted the player to be able to form their own opinions about what would happen next.

1 Like

Yeah, I also think that the sage was the best option, I already had a swordmaster and a sniper with better stat by that point.

I had picked the Sniper because I didnā€™t have a better bow user, while I had a better sage and a better sword user.

Indeed bows are useful. I still think the sword and bow user could get a little boost, like +2 hp or +1 str. Otherwise they are fine.

Yeah, I feel like that is valid. Other than the reasons I mentioned before, I also picked the bow user because I think sheā€™s cute.

@Jack_G thanks for this hack, just completed it.

Story was ok.
Gameplay was pretty good balance between normal and hard mode.
The ending was so abrupt and very wierd tbh, i didnt like it at all.

all in all it was ok for me. goodluck with ur next project!

V1.51 patch notes:

• Madison +10% magic growth.

• Longbows now have +1 damage and +5% hit, but cannot crit. This is to prevent dying from unlucky longbow criticals on chapter 15 while hopefully still ensuring they are threatening.

• Some new supports.

• Other small changes.

V1.52 patch notes:

• +1 damage to the steel axe.

• changed some unit placement on chapter 4.

• prologue enemy stats are now more standardised.

• Shelly now comes with a door key in chapter 2 so Piper doesnā€™t have to run around the whole map.

• More supports.

2 Likes

V1.53 patch notes:

• fixed an issue where Osborn was in the lake in the ch7 start event.

• There is now a short text after the final battle.

• More supports.

• Wesley -10% magic growth, but +10% hp growth.

• Hale and Dale +5% strength and speed growth, but -5% res growth.

• Added a conditional talk event.

• some other minor changes that are not worth mentioning.

V1.54 patch notes:

Sorry for releasing another patch so shortly after the last one, but I discovered a pretty urgent glitch, so here we are.

• there was a glitch where the game crashed after Monty gained a weapon level up and you subsequently look at his weapon level screen. I have no idea why this happened but I managed to backtrack it to something from v1.53, but the rom I used to discover the glitch has now been corrupted, so I cannot see if the fix works. If anyone experiences this glitch with this version (or later versions in future), please let me know.

• Changed Edisonā€™s hero palette.

• Fixed a music oversight.

• Also, something I forgot to mention from v1.53 is that I added some more variety to shops in chapters 11 and 14.

2 Likes

V1.55 patch notes:

• You now have 1 turn longer to save the green units on chapter 8. (I felt the time limit was too harsh).

• Linda now has 1 less constitution (It doesnā€™t make sense for her to have as much con as she did. This wonā€™t really affect gameplay much as she still has enough con to wield most weapons with no penalty.)

• Linda now gains D rank in swords and axes upon promotion instead of E rank.

-Raycester and Hamilton now have battle quotes.

• More supports.

• Other minor changes.

1 Like

Love that this is being consistently worked on and updated

1 Like

V1.56 patch notes:

• Removed S-rank limit. This had initially caused a glitch where a pre-promote with multiple S-ranks would revert back to A-rank. This will no longer happen.

• Fixed an issue where, if you picked Renley on chapter 11, he would be force deployed on chapter 13.

• Changed the 3 killer lance paladins in chapter 15 to silver lance paladins. You already face enough crit chance from the enemy snipers with their 15% crit boost, so I made this change to make the map feel like less of a crit fest.

• Changed some enemy AIā€™s in chapter 14. The thieves should no longer prioritise attacking you, and the enemies wonā€™t rush you quite as quickly as they did before.

1 Like

V1.6 patch notes:

• Trisha now has a unique palette.

• Trisha now has a battle quote in chapter 13.

• If you do not kill Trisha in chapter 13, she will appear alongside the reinforcements in chapter 14 as originally intended.

• You can now see heal amount in a preview.

• fixed an issue with Griseldaā€™s death quote.

• Chapter 9 now has unique ally phase music. (This was originally intended, but I encountered an issue when trying to implement it originally, but I have now been able to do so).

• better healing AI (mostly in chapter 16 where their stats have now been standardised to ensure they have the appropriate range).

• Supports and other minor changes.

2 Likes

Timely and frequent updates: this is very nice and commendable. A lot of love and dedication for oneā€™s work. This is not something we see frequently. For my part, however, I will play with it when finally completed. :wink:

2 Likes