The Binding Blade Revamp: Project Sienna v1.11 [FULL RELEASE IS OUT]

Interesting rom hack. Will it include a Casual Mode as well for beginners who wanted to experience Roy’s story? Regardless I am excited to try it out. Already playing the Binding Blade remake with the FE8 engine so I can’t wait to try out this experience.

Casual mode is not something I considered when making the rom. I was under the impression that most players playing the rom would already be somewhat experienced with FE6 and its intricacies. Of course, with the changes I’ve done to some of the maps I’ve also added additional dialogue for both new and old players alike to reflect those changes and to give some hints that certain events will happen.

Casual mode is not something I’m planning to add. If people want to introduce newcomers to FE6 with my hack I would be very much honored, but for now I think Normal mode is already sufficient enough, especially considering how many units have been buffed for this project.

1 Like

Awww I understand. I’m just glad that you added some things that fixed our boi Roy and some other things and that’s all that matters. I can’t for the rom hack to finished though. Still I’m really stoked about it!

1 Like

The full romhack is officially out! Apply the UPs patch located on the main post to a raw Japanese rom of FE6. Hope you guys enjoy! I’m looking forward to seeing you all play it!

13 Likes

This looks interesting, I will definitely give it a try!
One of my all time favorites in the FE series.
I hope Cath is in :wink:

1 Like

Wait, is already out? I should give a check then :smiley:

1 Like

I tried the hack in threeemulators, in VBA-M the game never start, in fact, it actually closes the app xD.

I haven’t see problems with mGBA and no$GBA so far.

Hmm, that’s odd, are you sure it doesn’t work on VBA? I’ve tested it myself personally many times and there shouldn’t be any problems with it.

Maybe my ROM got messed up in some way? I’ll try it again later, but I found it a bit weird because I prove the same file first with VBA-M and latter with other emulators, maybe it’s specifically VBA-M? Which version of VBA did you use?

I’ve tested it both on VBA-M and VBA. VBA-M version is 2.1.7, VBA is 1.8.0, so they’re both the latest versions. They’re running fine, so I don’t quite know what’s the issue.

Maybe is just my PC that doesn’t like using your hack in VBA-M for some reason, because 2.1.7 also doesn’t work xD

The credit given to me should actually go to @StanH , they made the code.
I only passed it on to Deviation and told them how to change the formula after I messed around with it

1 Like

Had a bug with the Arena (specifically in Chapter 7, but I think this would apply elsewhere). Sent Chad to fight a round and faced a Peg Knight that I think had negative health, because the bar was glitching, and when he hit them, it soft locked the game. Might need to set a minimum health level, if that’s possible.

Otherwise having a great time with it so far!

Ah, I see the issue. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ll get that fixed right away, and by right away I mean right now!

Project Sienna v1.01 is out!
It’s not any major update, its just a teensy weensy fix update

• Fixed arena softlocking the game due to negative health value
  • Edited Recover Staff weapon description and Use screen

I’m glad you’ve been enjoying it so far! I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the game.

2 Likes

Alright, got another update rolling. Fixed a big oversight I’m ashamed I let slip through in the final version of the game. It was an artifact of a lategame chapter that I used during playtesting, please make sure to patch your rom before getting to Chapter 24.

More detailed information is located in the official changelog doc

Project Sienna v1.1

• Updated difficulty of Chapter 22 and Chapter 23
  • Changed boss inventory and boss stats
  • Fixed minor conversation error
  • Fixed Chapter 24 oversight
2 Likes

I’m assuming from the screen shots that the Sword of Seals has unlimited uses, if so, thank God. I’m confused as to why no one else lets Roy keep his best weapon that he only gets at the very last part of the game for only 20 to 40 hits, especially when in some hacks, they let you pick up Exusachs in chapter 22 which has endless uses anyway.

You’d be right about that. During development I was concerned with whether giving Roy’s Binding Blade infinite uses was a bit too overpowered, but I mellowed more on the idea and after a bit more thought I realized that it wasn’t a bad idea. You’ve still only got a few chapters to make use of it, and I think it completes Roy’s arc of the development from a somewhat weaker swordfighter, who through many trials and battles grows to become a strong leader and hero by the end of the game.

Great move, I always hated how the literal titular item of the game is relegated to a 20 use single-target delete button.

It seems you have to finish chapter 14 in 20 turns, to start the gaiden.
Maybe you can add that to the change list as well.
Nice change with Igrine, I like the hack so far!

1 Like

I have one detail curiosity regarding Roy’s stats in this rom hack. Why is Roy given a 6 base movement instead of 5?