The Binding Blade Revamp: Project Sienna v1.11 [FULL RELEASE IS OUT]

Because he is the hero. After promotion he has 7. And wait for chapter 21, to boost him to 15! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sorry for the late response, I currently don’t have my laptop so I couldn’t reply immediately. In short, there’s 2 reasons for this:

1. A bit of an in-character reason, I always perceived Roy as more energetic and springy than the rest of the army due to his young age and his optimism.
  2. The more relevant reason, it’s mostly to distinguish him as a sword-locked foot-soldier from the rest of the army and to give the player an easier time getting him to the throne, since every chapter is seize. It makes him actually getting to where he needs to go a lot easier.

Glad you guys have been enjoying the hack! I’m planning on a much, much bigger update in the future, but I’ll try to pump a few smaller updates and polishing when I get my laptop back.

1 Like

There is one issue in chapter 24, when you seize the throne in the first room, after the scene with Jahn, the chapter ends immediately, and the final chapter begins.
I think that should not be the case.
Also skipping the scene has no effect, the chapter ends.

Another issue was in chapter 13, after the scene when Perceval, when he leaves the map, the game crashes. But I could skip that scene, and the chapter continues normally.

Other than that, I really liked the hack, especially early promotion of Roy makes it so much better!

1 Like

Just as a reminder to anyone, please patch your rom prior to getting to Chapter 24, the issue with the throne seize has already been patched as of the latest version of the rom (v1.1) so don’t forget to patch it.

This has also lead to the discovery that the version of the changelog currently in the Dropbox is the wrong version, so I’ll get that sorted immediately.

As for the Chapter 13 issue, I’ll look into it soon.

That being said, I’m happy you liked the hack! Just, as mentioned, please patch the rom to it’s latest version so that you can get the full experience.

Ahh no wonder why it makes the maps slightly easier. Sorry I doubted that dude. Nonetheless I still enjoyed the hack. This romhack does feel like FE6 than Project Ember and FE Binding Blade remake to some degree. I mostly played it on my MacBook and my modded New Nintendo 2DS XL instead of my Steam Deck cuz I dont want to risk my units die due to how the game’s engine is although I’ll consider it once I finish playing more of the The Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, and their rom hacks a bit. Have you ever played Sacred Echoes, the Shadows of Valentia on the 3ds? I heard its a great rom hack

2 Likes

Ah, sorry, don’t know how I could miss the latest patch.
With version 1.1 chapter 24 is working as expected.

2 Likes

Hello all! If you’re wondering where I’ve all been these past few months, don’t worry, all I did was hibernate inside of a little cave called “my room” for about a quarter of the year, sleeping through the days until I got the urge to start developing the hack more.

In all seriousness, the main reason is because college. I’ve been quite busy lately and I haven’t really found the time to actually update the hack that much. That being said, after some time and a bout of inspiration, I have returned to bring you all a mini release version, an announcement, and an update.

v1.11 is here!
You can check the changelog for more in depth details, but basically this is a mini update focused on revamping of certain chapters, balancing tweaks, and fixing dialogue. Oh, by the way here’s a no context screenshot for the update.
Douglas

That’s not all however, I’ve also got one more thing to show ya’ll:
An Unofficial Official Tier List!

I’ve played my own hack more times than I can count on my own fingers, and I think I’ve got a pretty good handle on every unit the hack has to offer, and this tier list is based on the criteria of how well each unit contributes to a game in a standard, no reset playthrough. S stands for “cream of the crop” which goes all the way down to D which stands for “below average”, C being “average”, B being “good”, and A being “great”, and each unit ordered within each tier. I wish to spark a bit of discussion with this tier list, as I think there’s still plenty of units whose potential can still be explored.

One last thing, and it’s a pretty big announcement. I’m in the works of developing a huge update for Project Sienna, one that mainly focuses on dialogue. I’m not going to be changing anything about the original story. However, this update will add a whole bunch of optional dialogue between characters in each chapter over the course of the entire game. It’s a massive undertaking just because of the sheer amount of playable units that exist, but I think it could really help to characterize a lot of underutilized characters and give them the chance to shine. I won’t say much more, but I think ya’ll will find this update quite enjoyable, so stay tuned.

That’s all I really have to say in terms of any announcements. I may slink back into my little hidey hole for another couple of months until I release the next update, or who knows, I might release it next week! I just want to reiterate again, thank you all so much for playing my hack and I hope ya’ll will still continue to enjoy playing it as much as I’ve enjoyed making it.

Thank you all and have a great rest of your day.

10 Likes

Just updated the patch. Gonna play it in a bit. Really hope this rom hack gets the recognition it deserves by the community whether it be from the vanilla Fire Emblem community or the rom hackers :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats on the release. Enjoying the hack so far, love the Thracia style on the maps chefs kiss. Only real nitpick I have is I wish the sprites had gotten an update as well. Seeing Dieck’s vanilla merc sprite knowing the Salvaged one exists I weep at what could have been but hey I respect sticking to vanilla. Still that’s minor, overall having a great time.

2 Likes

Hello to all. The thing I hate the most in FE games are chapters with turn limit that if you surpass it, you would miss something. So I want to know how the changes to gaiden turn count felt.

Did it somehow compel you to use mounted units instead of footsoldiers or forced you to play in a very specific way so you could finish the chapter fast? Do I need to rush and beat the chapter or just playing normally would be fine. This is honestly what I am worried the most when I read the changes.

Well, atleast in the base game, the gaiden turn requirements are so lenient (basically too lenient) that you could probably spend most of your time turtling and you would still be able to get the gaidens in time. The cut down to the turn requirements are just there to make it so that you can’t afford to play super slowly. That being said, as long as you keep a relatively decent pace, you should be able to get all the gaidens. This does punish super slow play and disincentivizes the player from turtling, but it shouldn’t be too much of an issue and you shouldn’t be forced to do insane rescue strats with mounted units.

2 Likes

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I’ll get straight to the point, Chapter 14x is currently broken, since it seems trying to reinsert the tile changing gimmick back into FE6 somehow breaks the entire chapter. Don’t be alarmed, I’ll find a fix for this soon within the next couple of days, either by reworking the gimmick entirely in a new direction or coming up with a fix for the ASM in the chapter. It’s just a heads up to anyone playing that has not reached Chapter 14x yet. That’s all and have a great day!

2 Likes