Tale of Ternon - CANCELLED

Probably to avoid drawing attention to them.

Also, goodbye Tale of Ternon.

Your tale will never be truly forgoten going by what I’ve read- and ultimately, I think that’s the best possible fate for these kinds of things.

The tools that were made for it and whatnot- I’m certain that they’ll be handy down the line.

Because I think that dragging these users’ names through the mud is unreasonable and asking to stir up shit, and I’d appreciate you not digging through the edit history for this purpose.

1 Like

It’s also worth mentioning that giant, exhaustive retrospectives are kind of Darr’s thing. Despite the bold text reading a little direly, the post was clearly intended to be a postmortem, not a callout.

1 Like

You’re able to block access to the edit history; this may be one of those rare cases in which it’d be helpful?

It’s already been done.

2 Likes

The real loss here was the bear. May they rest in peace.

7 Likes

Ternon may have been ternoff’d but before it died it brought us the magnificent B E A R also known as bagel

2 Likes

Any pastry related name always has my praise, more pastry names!

1 Like

Have to say, so sorry for the hack to be cancelled, it seemed promesing but, i guess these kind of hacks are the ruin of them selfs, aiming to be soooooo greedy with new mechanics, graphics or whatever, leads to this.
I have the hope for this to be revived someday.

Actually, the new mechanics, graphics, etc weren’t the problem at all.
No one made chapters.

2 Likes

Without ever really bothering to learn any details about the project at all, I have a feeling that Ternon also ran into the same problem that FE: Destiny did back in the day. Fates stopped being new, so we ran out of steam to make a whole game about dunking on it. Similarly, Three Houses has also stopped being new.

4 Likes

Time to consume assets. ToT is recycled in our hearts.

1 Like

Dont need to make a whole hack to dunk on 3H, just read my epic post about it.

1 Like

Few things escape the dreaded “demo curse”. Alas, another hack falls victim to it; perhaps it was inevitable, as it became too big to escape.

So, are the remains worth playing or should I just move on?

Gotta say, rip hack, but still, that cancellation announcement was super classy. Full history and context for the hack and its cancellation (with discord screenshots even, wow). Games dream of having a sendoff like that. Great post Darrman, and good luck to all the contributors!

2 Likes

Finally

The tale has terned off

9 Likes

No reason not to ig. It’s a fun bite sized adventure at least.

Did the ASM ever get released?

1 Like

I know it has been nearly a year in itself since this lost steam, but I guess it’s about time I talked about this. Though with little to say.

Was fun to work with a crew, even if I didn’t do much as many others it was a nice time. Apparently this had a impact on FE8 hacking and hearing that is wonderful.

To everybody that worked on this and reads this good luck to you.
As for me, I’m going to vanish once more.

-K

5 Likes