[Tactile] Staff of Ages (First Tactile release out now!)

That’s a new one, not sure why that error would be appearing. Make sure everything installed properly and double check that you’re playing on standard mode on normal and not any of the others.

Can only play on PC? Is GBA version abandoned?

@InvdrZim13 question, would you be able to help with a little fe related problem?
if this is a gba rom and therefore not something like SRPG Studio where it was made as separate from the gba installments, then would you help me with the problem of the 20 npc limit? blue players and red players (enemies) i can do 50 and more, but 20 little amoung for green. would you be willing to help?

Yes, the GBA version has been abandoned.

The GBA version is no longer being developed. The FEXNA version is the only one that will be supported going forward.

It’s not a GBA ROMhack anymore and I can’t help you. You’re better off posting your own thread asking for help, it’s more appropriate than asking for it here.

is there anyway i can expand the screen size of the game because right now the when i boot up the game its about as small as th x1 resolution from vba (i’m using fexna staff of ages 1.1)

in the options on the menu before you open up a save file there’s an option to change the screen size

thanks for the help on that but i beat chapters one and now i am moving to 2-1 and neither of them work, as soon as i start them the screen goes black and the level doesnt start, i tried multiple times and none have worked. should i just restart the save because i am still early or what. for clarity i only beat 1-1 and 1-2 and the load data screen shows 1-3 which i have not completed

Don’t play 2-1 it literally isn’t in the game yet

ok thanks i probobly wouldve known that if i read through the wall of text at the beginning of the forum

after i beat 1-4 or 1-3 it gives me the option of 2-1 or 2-2 or 1.1+, i cant go on.

Apparently this was already noted, but it sounds like you’re playing on classic mode. You need to play on standard mode for the game to work correctly for now.

Figured it’d be good to put this minor dev update on the thread too:

Just to set up expectations ahead of time for the future of SoAXNA releases since work still goes slowly (thanks covid), for the sake of our own sanity and avoiding burnout the route split has been cut and we’re now going with a singular path for act 2.

19 Likes

So how’s the Owen/Sawyer thing going to work now? Will you be alternating between the two paths, or has the story been rewritten to accommodate the removal of the split?

2 Likes

The story has been rewritten, Sawyer and Eagle will join Owen in Toska now. Some planned characters were cut (so you never saw them anyway), and Deborah has been cut. Everyone else to my understanding is still planned to be included.

Who was Deborah again?

1 Like

The Warrior lady who joined in Sawyer 2-1. She had Thunderstorm as her personal, and was… mildly interesting.

1 Like

Could you add some screenshots to the OP?

Also, SoA turns 5 years old soon.

Per the SF post, which predates this one, it already turned 5 actually.

3 Likes