Summons and giving them multiple weapons

I was wondering if there’s some way to give summons more than one weapon? (Ideally through FE Builder) With the main goal in mind being to basically start a summon off as a support. (So basically you can summon a healer.) And then after enough levels give them an actual weapon as well as a staff so they can fight as well as have that support element. (Since I know that you can make certain level thresholds allow for other weapons to appear.)

Sorry if this is something that’s already been answered, but I’ve tried looking and can’t find anything.

change the phantom class to have the weapon rank for the weapon, I believe you can give them a different weapon in a specific menu, can’t check rn

I think it would be a good beginner level asm hack to make phantoms always spawn with a heal staff in addition to whatever weapon they are assigned at that level.

You could do that and have them start with a Rusty Axe that is so bad that healing is the better option at lower levels.

Design wise, phantoms are powerful because they are expendable and allow you to bait out individual enemies without loss of resources. Their damage output isn’t too important imo. If you use something like Group AI you could design around this easily enough.

You can, and it’s something that I’ve poked around with a bit. But it still doesn’t change the fact that they can only spawn in with 1 item as far as I can tell?

I don’t have access to FEBuilder atm so I can’t tell you if there’s a patch specially for that but you can do something with global events where if the phantom is on the field they obtain an item, it’s clunky and annoying to put down for every chapter but it works without needing to know ASM, I used this sort of thing to create an einherjar type system for the a few chapters and it was a bit cumbersome but it worked.

I also wrote a whole system called Modular Summon that lets you assign units/classes a unit placer group of unit(s) to summon. 7743 wasn’t interested in adding it to febuilder when I asked before, but you could still use it even without a patch.

If you want it to become a patch, you should let 7743 know that you want to use it. I wrote it to let players customize the demon king summoning, basically - it’s pretty flexible.

Oh neat, I didn’t consider that as an option for this. I will definitely need to keep that in mind and try to experiment with it some ^^

Admittedly, that specific design aspect of them was kind of why I wanted them to have a more supportive roll, because if they have an actual unique function to them it might make you want to keep them around for more than just fodder. Was mostly thinking about having them around as support units with the help of the skill patch, so they could have things like Reposition or Rally to expand their supportive use. (With the weapon along with the staff being capable at like…level 20 being a kind of endgame payoff, like now they can not only support but also attack some as well.)

That does sound kind of neat. (Assuming I’m reading that right and that it would allow a summoner to summon like a small army like the demon king?)

Although I’m not quite sure how that would help in this case though, aside from maybe summoning a support Phantom and and an offensive Phantom? Or would that kind of patch allow for a more complete customization on your Phantom?