Stupid child me!

I remember that the first time I played Awakening, I wanted to promote Vaike, but didn’t like any of his Fighter promotions, so I reclassed him to Barbarian and leveled him back up to lv10.

I remember I was so impressed with Vaike’s perfomance that I used him a lot, and I was very confused as to why everyone else had lower stats compared to Vaike.

Come another playthrough, and I realized reclassing was broken and everyone could be as strong, if not, even stronger than the Vaike could be.

3 Likes

Speaking of Awakening memories, I played normally until you get Tharja, and then paired her with fredrick and she destroyed everything. I barely remember the rest of the game it went by so fast. This was on hard/classic.

It was my 3rd Fe game so I benched Robin as soon as I could (no regrets there).

5 Likes

Back when I was 14 and playing my first game (FE7) Florina would keep dying during Chapter 3, and instead of resetting I would start the game over from the Prologue (guess that Restart Chapter button was invisible to my eyes).
I can certainly tell you that I felt very stupid about it afterwards… XD

3 Likes

I remerber when i played FE7 for the first time, i thought Fargus was a recruitable character, but everytime i talked to him the chapter would end, so i tried to kill him and got a game over. So i thought myself “wow i think i have to make him weak enough so then i can recruit him”
It didn’t worked :frowning:

3 Likes

Back in the days the friend who told me to try Fire Emblem 8 on the GBA also told me that the “Magician general on a horse” was recruitable. Each time I done Ephraim route, and I was very convinced due to what my friend said and the fact that she had big dialogue with Ephraim and Duessel when fighting them, I tried multiple strat to recruit her by fighting with different characters.
It never worked and it’s only some years later that I discovered that she was only a bonus character in the creature campaign lol

3 Likes

This dude killed Fargus on his first time playing…
Holy shit I’m bad at the game

Nah. I remember getting really lucky with lyn and eliwood crits, no way i would beat fargus without’em

My child me found a Visual Boy Advance lying in my computer with some roms, one of which is FE8 (I think my brother got it sometime). So I decided to give it a try.
I tried to recruit Joshua, but somehow the unit I send to kite him either get critted to death (Gilliam, Garcia), or kill him (Seth), so I decided to just stay away from him and avoid him like a plague. The run only last till chapter 6.

2 Likes

Oh God, I thought Fargus was recruitable as well XD

I used Frederick on Awakening, I used him A LOT

2 Likes

How horrible did it go later on?

I had him and Robin at lv20… I was playing on Normal & Casual

1 Like

Not understand how the support system work ,end up killed Marcus to make room for Roy and Lilina

2 Likes

I would always find a way to kill Franz whenever I played FE8 as a kid. The guy could just never survive one of my playthroughs.

And when he did live, I’d make him a Great Knight just so he could use axes. Weapon triangle shenanigans ensued.

3 Likes

i refused to use hector or eliwood in fe7, only lyn. I never recruited heath, vaida, guy, canas, or even raven because I didn’t know how and didn’t know I could, oh yeah and I also thought Smash translated Eliwood’s name or something wrong and named the smash fighter Roy

1 Like

During my first (actually second Playthrough with “waaaaay better knowledge” such as NOT using Marcus, the Exp-Eating Beast, fuhuhu… Seriously, I wish I finished the playthrough where I simple used and trained Marcus just like everyone else. I might’ve benched him later on but I can only say that the influence of the community back them (or at least the Awa-Fates Community) made my playstyle more stupid… I probably start over again.)

During my first finished playthrough of FE7 I promoted Mathew. Because Mathew is awesome and this is the only Item that you can use to promote a thief! And he became an Assasin, the class that can onehit KO everything, that MUST be cool, right? However… I also wanted to train Nino, which I did. It was not really a fun experience. And I shockingly noticed that I didn’t had a Guiding Ring to promote her! But luckily the enemies in Chapter 27 had promotion items. And among them was - Bingo. A guiding ring. Matthew was a thief so he had the ability to steal… But that ability wasn’t listed in the Class description anymore… Oh well… I’m sure they wouldn’t be so stupid to make him lose-

When I played through this map, carefully planning my steps and slowly moving forward in order to feed Nino with Exp, I eventually reached the unit carrying my precious Guiding Ring and remembered that this game was designed in times where people thought drawbacks like these we’re a good idea. Especially without warning you about it.

Because I didn’t know about that I decided to reset the chapter. I was so smart to not save my game after promoting Matthew during the Battle Preps. And so I could steal the ring. Or not. I don’t know anymore if I actually got my hands on that thing or ended up killing that unit thinking “screw it.” Even back then I regret the decision of that reset.

What I DO remember however was my reaction when I got the Earth Seal at the beginning of Chapter 30. A big middle finger from the game. I was thinking about using it on Nino but I don’t know if I did that or if I benched her or if I used it on another unit.

But I know: This was the stupidest thing I ever did in my early days of playing Fire Emblem.

2 Likes

First time playing: I remember getting all the way to Uhai’s map and was in denial that Matthew was ACTUALLY dead. I literally thought units came back after a couple chapters, because they did after Lyn’s story. After seeing my team of 5 units left (Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Marcus, and Florina), I felt discouraged and stopped playing. I hated Fire Emblem.

It wasn’t until a year later that I picked it up again, because I had literally no other game left to play. That’s when I played way differently and really enjoyed the thrill of the game. I went from hating Fire Emblem, to liking it, to making Fire Emblem ROM hacks.

3 Likes

what’s wrong with pulling out the big dieck on all the enemies

My biggest mistake was to start playing FE

5 Likes