Stuck... might as well make the most of it

A while back I started getting interested in FE romhacks/romhacking while I was modding my wii.

I checked out some romhacks, looked at some tutorials and other stuff, installed FEBuilder and started familiarizing myself with its basic functions.

I had planned to make progress on my romhack before posting here and asking for help. I read that having something to show would make people take me more seriously than if I just posted about it before starting.

But the computer I was using belonged to someone else and he moved across town recently. It’s probably going to be a while before I can get a new computer. Lately, my thoughts have brought me back here and I thought, screw it, I’ll just start being active here. I figured I’d make some posts on here asking questions/starting discussions about things like game design, writing/worldbuilding, and project management so when I can start working on my ideas again I’ll be better equipped and better connected.

So hello, I guess.

13 Likes

Hoy there, newbie! Hopefully you’ll have fun when you do get to poke at everything again. …i have no idea of what else to say, uhm… hello again?

Check your local classifieds/facebook marketplace/craigslist/etc for computers. You can find some great deals (under $100 if you’re really lucky) on decent desktops and laptops from offices getting rid of old ones (or they’re closing down), or from people who just want to get rid of stuff. They won’t be top of the line or ready to play modern games without upgrades, but for writing and FEBuilder it’ll handle fine.

2 Likes

That’s a good suggestion. I didn’t really think about those options. I’ll see what I can find.

Part of the problem is I don’t have a job or my own money so I’d have to get someone to buy it and I don’t like asking for expensive stuff because it makes me feel scummy. We’ve also had long term plans to get a nice desktop computer since before we got rid of our old one. But I asked my dad about picking me up a laptop and somewhat surprisingly he agreed to. If I had any idea it would be that easy I probably would have tried that months ago. He’s often hard to interact with.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.