SRPG Studio: FE5 & Berwick Saga Mechanics

I was searching for information on this and could not find anything, so I don’t anyone has asked this question yet. I recently got SRPG Studio and I think I understand how to use the basics of it. However, I have not been able to figure out how to create two systems into the game. If you guys have any suggestions, it would be a huge help.

The first would be a follow-up critical coefficient similar to FE5’s. The main part I want to make is the part where a second attack leads to a higher crit chance. I am planning on also using skill to determine the FUCC chance, so I don’t think that sacrificing a stat to make a new one will be necessary. I really liked FUCC in FE5 and I think it does a good job at making crits more reliable.

The second is for attacks to disable enemy counter-attacks unless the attack misses or deals no damage, sort of like in Berwick Saga. I was going to try to use this (among other things) as one to improve armor knights.

I am planning on making these two factors a standard part of combat for all units, but I could implement them as skills if necessary.

Thanks for the help.

Hi. The bad news is that you’re probably not going to get any help with SRPG Studio from a site as GBAFE hacking-centric as this one.

The good news is that the folks over at SRPG Studio University will probably be able to answer whatever questions you have about the software. Here’s the server link if you want it: https://discord.gg/GcTS5EH

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s a huge help. Sorry for asking something off-topic.

You’re free to post about srpg studio things, it’s just that because the srpg studio userbase is pretty small here, that questions especially might not be answered properly.

1 Like

I can DM you the FUCC plugin I found on Japanese wiki if you want (still haven’t tested it, though).

As for the glorious Berwick counter system, I have yet to see any but I’ll let you know if I do see any.

PS. You are a man of culture too, I see.

1 Like

Yeah. In hindsight, I probably should have figured that out. I was checking to make sure that I was not repeating someone else’s question, but I didn’t notice how few discussions related to SRPG Studio there were.

Sure, though I am not too familiar with how to use DM. How are you suggesting we do it?