Hey there everyone,
This is the official thread for the completely free release of my stand-alone complete game Deg-Deg the Ravenous! Deg-Deg the Ravenous was made in three months including playtesting as a proof of concept for a large game concept I had. In it’s own right it’s a fully fledged game, and features a total overhaul of the base SRPG Studio Engine to try and close the gap between the relatively lacking base SRPG Studio, and FE Hacks.
Feel free to play on any difficulty level! The game was designed around all of them, and permadeath is completely optional.
So, what is the story of Deg-Deg? Deg-Deg is a story about goblins. Along the way you’ll gather crazy different kinds of party members from animals to mythical monsters, and see the world from the perspective of a rag-tag and brash group of goblins just looking to retrieve the crown known as the golden croc.
Download And Instructions:
- Download Deg-Deg the Ravenous
- Unzip Deg-Deg the Ravenous
- Run Game.exe
If a new version comes out we’ll indicate if it’s okay to patch or needs to be standalone.
Join our Discord to Give Feedback: Deg-Deg Discord
- New Innate Skill for Ghoullum
- New Innate Skill for Spederpan
- New Innate Skill for Uglay
- Fixed Music Error on dragon recruitment event
(This version is okay to patch over, and will not break saves.)
I’m better known for being a mod-maker for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Stellaris, Victoria 2, and Darkest Hour. However, I’ve been a long time fan of SRPGs as a genre, and especially Fire Emblem! As such I thought it’d be fun to try and make my own game, and try to give back to the community with a unique product.
I’ve been an avid content creator for SRPG content, and run the SRPG Subreddit/Discord since I created them. As such it’s probably my favorite genre of games, and I’m hoping I’ve managed to distill some of the lessons and styles of play I learned from that into Deg-Deg to make it something truly unique. I’ve played through every single Fire Emblem game, every Kaga game, and around 70% of all SRPGs that exist. I’m always open to hearing more suggestions for games to try and generally happy to talk about the genre as a whole.
As far as making Deg-Deg goes the inspiration for making Deg-Deg and it’s goblin like adventure was that I noticed most SRPGs besides Disgaea just focused on human characters or largely human casts. You might have the odd monster here or there, but you’d never have a full cast along those lines and that was a big inspiration for me.
While Deg-Deg is by no means a serious story it’s set in the framework of a much larger overall story, and world that I ended up creating a long time ago back in 2005 for my Warcraft 3 Mod Conflict for Sereg D
or. Sereg Dor was fleshed out as a continent throughout five different projects, and 14 years of continuous development until Warcraft III reforged halted development. But, I thought why let my setting die in the confines of Warcraft’s rotting corpse? So, Deg-Deg is a more comical tale that I hope you all enjoy.
- Goblins, hope you like Goblins.
- Multiple Routes, and Route Specific Characters
- 6 Difficulty Modes with Optional Permadeath
- Pre-Battle Display for if Characters have Talks
- Inbuilt UI to display Growths
- Units that have Supports are Displayed on Map
- All units have their own unique skills/move sets
- There are no Weapons in Deg-Deg. Attacks are learned.
- Wearable Items that Grant Stats
- 38 Unique Playable Characters
- A Focus on Making All Units Feel Useful
- Tons of Unique Enemy Types
- FE GBA/3DS Style UI recreated in SRPG Studio
- Boss/Effective Enemy On Map Warnings
- Varied Map Objectives
- Playable Bears, Chickens, Lamias, Goblins, and more!
- Full Original Sound Track
- Deg-Deg auto joins.
- Pen-Pen auto joins.
- Nev-Nev auto joins.
- Hina is recruited by going bottom left first map with Nev-Nev and checking the dragon bones. Mutually Exclusive with Loupey in Chapter 1.
- Loupey is recruited by opening his cage Chapter 1.
- Drissel is recruited by recruiting him first with Nev-Nev instead of opening the box that has rawkit in Chapter 2.
- Rawkit is recruited by opening the blue chest in Chapter 2.
- Genevo is recruited by talking to her with Pen-Pen
- Vran Darkhorn is recruited by talking to him in chapter 3 crypt is mutually exclusive with Vran.
- Balus is recruited by moving the cryptstone to make progress before recruiting Vran and is mutually exclusive with Vran.
- Joe joins if you do crypt map chapter 3.
- Felicia joins if you do sewer map chapter 3.
- Slurp is recruited by talking to him with Felicia. Exclusive with CAT King in Sewer.
- CAT king is recruited by letting him die before killing Rat king. CAT king joins after.
- Pick Treasure Vault route then talk with Genevo to get Ughlay
- Pick Treasure Vault map and examine left most bookshelves before right bookshelves with Deg-Deg to get Spederpan
- Pick Treasure Vault map and examine right most bookshelves before left bookshelves with Deg-Deg to get Ghoullum
- Imic is recruited by opening the chest behind the spider mini boss in chapter 4.
- Kuwakis is recruited by bringing Genevo to the cave in chapter 5. This kills genevo.
- Crystal joins in Chapter 6 automatically.
- Eunomous is recruited by going south after chapter 6, and entering the temple.
- Wyll is recruited by going West after chapter 6.
- Anhilda autojoins in chapter 8.
- Bu-Bu is recruited by talking to Nev-Nev in Chapter 8
- Angelina is recruited by talking to Pen-Pen in Chapter 8
- Marika is recruited by going to her house in Chapter 9
- Go to the arena in chapter 10 to get Zug-Zug.
- Mynnerva has to be talked to by Bu-Bu in chapter 10/12/14 to be recruited.
- Ichabod is recruited by talking with Deg-Deg in Ch12
- Glub is recruited by talking with Ichabod in Ch12
- Rilesia is recruited by talking to her with Nev-Nev in Ch13.
- Rollo joins in chapter 16 by talking to Ichabod
- Bloodclaw joins in chapter 16 by sacrificing rawkit/genevo/loupy permanently.
- Princess joins by talking with Deg-Deg in Ch17.
- Darkness joins by checking the bones in Ch18.
- Shizuka joins by talking to CAT king in Ch20.
- Yep-Yep joins by activating all 8 orbs with Nev-Nev before turn 20 in chapter 20, and before killing the goblin king. You need have to have triggered both ‘nev-nev’ specific orb events before this. Bring Bu-Bu to the map, and have Nev-Nev alive.
- Laraphim auto joins in chapter 23.
Edward Chaney (Panfuricus): Lead
Sølve Furseth Dale (FlamingKlub):
Lorc: Free Icon Assets
Casper Nilsson, Daniel Cook, Rayane Félix
(RayaneFLX), Wolthera van Hövell tot Westerflier
(TheraHedwig), Hyptosis, mold, Zachariah Husiar
(Zabin), & Clint Bellanger: Statue Doodads
IndigoFenix: Jade Cyclops Doodad
ETTiNGRiNDER: Candles/Demon Statue Doodad
Blue camel village: Large weapons
ruine_game: Waterfall Tile
wiz: exp gauge progress to level plugin
RogueClaris/SapphireSoft: Level Up Messages
Goinza: Various SRPG Studio Scripts
MarkyJoe: Various SRPG Studio Scripts