Some Fire Emblem Battle Sprites I'm working on

That’s so awesome

Such high quality at such a fast rate.
You are amazing.

1 Like

Fire Dragon Fin

For the Critical Attack (When the Flames are leaking out) the screen would shake to give the feel of a powerful attack charging up.

Fireball

Added more Heat to the Fire Breath too.

36 Likes

Do you think you could make a version of this with the FE6/7 fire wings?

This looks incredible. I also think that the breath looks better with more fire added~
I’m dying to catch a glance at the water dragon.

Man your work is awesome! I love dragons in Fire Emblem.

I thought of having 2 Versions.

The War Dragons, ablaze with their 1 purpose of “burn it to the ground” and the True Fire Dragons (Or, exclusively Jahn in this case) being more in line with the Draconic forms we see Ninian, Nils, and Myrth take (not counting Fae due to her being Divine and all that).

I’m not sure how one would go about getting the flames to pulse while idle though, IIRC Mode 10 (that’s the idle one right?) can be made animated to an extent.

2 Likes

Anyone that wants to test out the Fire Dragon, here’s a link to it in its current state. (Works best with Myrth’s fire, at least until I get around to learning spell animation creation from the master guide).

Fire_Dragon

31 Likes

I think War dragons are good as is. It’ll good for the “true” Fire Dragons to look much different than they degenerated cousins.

war dragons aren’t degenerated, that’s how they are created.

I’ll definitely have a use for this Dragon.

I always had this headcanon that they where just cheap replicas of the original dragons. That’s why they were much smaller, weaker and dumber.

that…is what war dragons are lol. they are mass produced homunculi meant solely to fight in battle.

1 Like

Love the idea and how it adds an element to terrain advantages and disadvantages!

Other than some possible minor positioning issues, any test I ran on the animation, whether it be hit, miss, or critical, seemed to work just fine.

1 Like

@SkidMarc25 you go make the map sprite and class card of the fire dragón?

1 Like

I was able to message skidmarc a bit ago, he provided this folder of his sprites to be free to use/finish:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZyvPnOaJNIsRwstRvU43Z0ay_Mpx7Jyn/view

12 Likes

This means that he won’t be working on these? :(((((. They are such great animations. If he won’t I may get my hands on these to help him finish it.

Hey, I’m back (until depression takes me away again) and I’ve brought along some more Battle Animations.

Mind you I don’t know how/care much for coding these, if you want to code these for use in a FE game, PM me and I can give you the sprite sheets.

What I’ve been working on lately:

New attack Animation for the Assassin Class:

Assasin Sword

Assasin Sword GS
Basic Attack. The Assassin gets behind the target then strikes from behind, like a real assassin would.

Assasin Sword Crit
Critical Attack

Assasin Bow
Bow Attack

Assasin Bow Crit
Bow Critical Attack

Assasin Sword Magic
Assasin Sword Magic Crit
Magic Swords

Assasin Sword Dodge
Assasin Bow Dodge
Dodging

Wild Wyvern:

Wild Wyvern
Basic Attack (uses Fangs)

Wild Wyvern CRIT
Critical Attack

Wild Wyvern DODGE
Dodge

Wild WyvernPallet
Enemy and Ally Pallet

WORK IN PROGRESS

Stormaiden
Cloud Skipper (Alt Promotion for Pegasus Knights, their equivalent of Wyvern Knight).

Werewolf1
Werewolf.

Incubbus Full
Incubus (Counterpart to Succubus VVV).
Loop

47 Likes

Hey, welcome back :wave:! The new sprites look really well made and smooth.

3 Likes