Smirks Sprites

Hey guys! I used to do a lot of spriting over on Serenes but it seems pretty dead now so I’m gonna start dumping stuff here instead.

This is me

Well it was a few years ago when I made it. I’ll have to update it and add a beard…

Here’s a few customs I did based on two of my buddies IRL. I like right, but I couldn’t quite get the likeness on left.

The quick Bandit Splice for the comp. Not too proud of this one.

Gladiator

A WIP animation.

And here’s a “SALVAGED-esque” Knight remake. Helmet and Helmetless
Always bugged me how few colors they used in the vanilla sprite. Mine is still in the color limits but separates armor, trim/blades, handle/underarmour, skin and even hair all separate; no shared colors.

P.S. If you want to see any of my older stuff https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/45666-smirks-sprites/

27 Likes

That knight looks awesome, though I wish you had made the armor a bit… thinner, lmao. Love your stuff though! Welcome to FEU, and rip serenes.

1 Like

Your mugs look great! As they pretty always have haha.

I love the knight and I REALLY love the gladiator animation! Like he actually holds the shield in front of him like one is supposed to and you made it look good!

3 Likes

Nice to meet you!
Yours is wonderful

1 Like

this makes me happy

3 Likes

It makes me really happy to see that so many spriting veterans from SF are joining FEU :smiley:

Welcome on board, Smirks!

And I totaly agree with Yosh. That Gladiator is :ok_hand:

I’m looking forward to see more of your work :smiley:

2 Likes

Gladiator Crit progress

and some edits to Knight

12 Likes

I thought he was driving the sword into the ground. That might look better honestly. Damn though, I kinda like both helmets for the Knight.

2 Likes

I’m thinking it might be cool if I have him stick the sword in the ground and then push himself backwards with the sword

2 Likes

You made both MORE great. I love that animation so far too. Honestly I just love bucklers.

1 Like

Maybe like, the motion he has now, but when he moves back he pulls the sword back, then as he lunges he pulls it out of the ground?

1 Like

why not have him lunge forward and catch the sword on the way, rather than him let the sword fall and then lunge?

1 Like

Hey @Smirks someone progress with the knight and gladiator animation?

Well long time no post but when you get stuck at home you find some time

me and a few friends in GBA style

I think I’ve posted this one somewhere before but -_ :neutral_face:_-

Here’s my current WIP. Trying something a little bit different but still in a 16 color palette
@Dellhonne sorry I think I have done some stuff but it’s all on a different pc

21 Likes

Wait is that… an fe7 color palette…? In this spriting meta? Impossible!

Good stuff nice to see you back!

1 Like

3 Likes