Skillsys Item Bug

Although I’m unsure if I can call this a bug, I’m pretty sure everyone knows about the ol’ “Weapons with an Innate Skill give it even if you can’t wield that weapon.”

I stumbled upon a similar issue with weapons that give effects such as Galeforce, which activate on the end of combat.
If you have such weapon equipped on your second slot and enter a combat (in player-phase for Galeforce, but for skills that could proc regardless of phase could work enemy-phase) and defeat an enemy with a droppable item while having a full inventory, by dropping/sending the first weapon into convoy, you can activate the weapon’s effect that was on the second slot.

So yeah, that’s it.

That is mainly how the weapon skill system works really.

Basic: When the weapon has the skill, and you equip the weapon, you basically had manually equipped the skill as well.

The system checks for the skill after the battle and activates it regardless if you didn’t have it equipped.
So putting the main equipped weapon into the supply will have the skill weapon auto equip when in the second inventory slot then the system checks for the skill and activates it.

So you can use the weapons skill without needing to use the weapon itself if the conditions for it are set correctly. That is basically how the weapon skills work in basic terms.

1 Like

Although I’m unsure if I can call this a bug, I’m pretty sure everyone knows about the ol’ “Weapons with an Innate Skill give it even if you can’t wield that weapon.”

This bug has been fixed for a long time on the skillsys buildfile. It just hasn’t been fixed in the outdated builder installation.

1 Like

I assume the other part of it too, then.

No because that one is more inherent to the timing at which the new weapon is equipped, and then after that is when the post-action skill check is done.