Skill System Querstions

Using the skill system I was going through and had a few questions on how some of the changes impact the game, and some specific skills.

1. With the Str/Mag split, does Con still play a role in weapon weight when determining attack speed? or was that changed to Str like in FE9 and 10?
  2. How is “indoors” and “outdoors” decided for indoor and outdoor fighter? Is it based on the tile the unit is standing on? Ultimately, I probably won’t use this skill anyway since it’s just 1 more thing to keep track of… but yeah.
  3. Mage slayer. How does it decide to give the buff or not? Is it based on weapon ranks, like if Light/Anima/Dark/staff is E or higher it gets a boost? I ask because I want to make sure it applies to any custom classes I create

My other questions I found when searching, such as leadership stars, anima triangle, etc.

2 Likes

Just going off of my terrible brain so apologies if I forget something or misinform. welp.

1. CON still does CON things, I think there’s a separate patch to have weight act more like the Radiant games.
  2. Definitely based on the tile the unit’s on, I can’t recall if it’s ‘outdoor’ tiles (Like grass) compared to ‘indoor’ tiles (Like castle tiles), or if it’s specifically terrain with bonuses (Like trees or pillars or forts), but I’m leaning toward the terrain with bonuses for that one.
  3. I would assume the mage slayer thing is based on weapon ranks of the enemy.
3 Likes

Indoor/outdoor fighter have set lists of terrain type IDs that are used to decide what’s an indoor or outdoor tile (floor, pillars, etc. for indoors. Plains forests, ect. for outdoors).

Everything else is correct.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the answer and the confirmation of how mage slayer works. :sparkling_heart:

1. It’s all tiles of one type or another. Plain works for outdoor, Floor works for Indoor.
  2. Yes. Based on ranks