Scrapped Projects

During the past years, I’ve been improving my skills in hack-making. I admit that sometimes I have crazy ideas and horrible executions, but I’ve also got some other ideas that today I wanna share with you. These are all the projects that for one reason or other I ended up scrapping. Most of them where developed during the making of Temple of Ardesia, but I quickly discarded them (after all I got tired on working on the same hack over again, I blame none but me). These are ideas that got me a long time ago. If you wanna, you can take the roms and edit them, as there isn’t much done. I hope that my ideas will inspire anyone to do better or revamp some concepts. You may take all the maps I made in these chapters.

Here are listed in order:
-Blitz1: A blitz is a form of rom-hacking in wich the main goal is to make as many chapters as possible is a less time as possible. I like this idea, as I am a gameplay-guy. Sometimes, instead of finishing TOA, I spend the day doing a small blitz. I don’t wanna sound lazy, but after three years on working on the same project, I got a “bit” tired. You can play it if you wanna, I only tested it once.

-Blitz2: Another 10-9 chapters. I usually do these blitzes in two or three days.

-Blitz3: unfinished blitz.

-Blitz4: Supposed to be a prequel to Toa, with Eusebios as the protagonist. There are 1-3 range bows.

-WesternMaps: I got inspired by this after playing ScarletRising. I liked that map so much that I wanted to make some Western Isle inspired maps, then I was “why not putting some enemies on it?” It took longer to make the maps rather than playing it. You can take all the maps from these.

-Celtic War: Inspired by Celtic King: Rage of War (Imperium la guerra gallica in Europe, made by Fx interactive) is a hack inspired by the game I wrote up. I’m a fan of RTS (real time strategy) and the roman empire, and I noticed that there was no fe hacks with a roman-celtic theme, so I decided to make something. The first version I made it in one week. I made a second one(the one on git hub) with a bit more polishing. My friends of Italy got interested to make this as a group project but for now things are still. Maybe somebody will enjoy what I did, the plot got inspired by the game but the story is original.

-FW00-01: a blitz with a lot of snowy maps. the 01 version has different maps and characters.

-Tuscany: I used to visit this region while I was a child. I had many good memories of this land. I’ve always been a passionate of hystory and medieval Italy is one of my favourite matters. This hack context is based on the war between guelf and ghibellini from the perspective of a bow knight serving Giovanni Villani, who used to be a Florentian merchant. The conflict begins when some guelf attack Giovanni’s villa. The protagonist group has to embark on a quest to defeat the ghibellini. The hack’s story would’ve started on April of 1216 and end at the battle of Campaldino onJune 1289. The hack features map inspired by real castle and cities. I decided to abbandon this project due to the fact that I’m only one person and that I lack the knowledge to hack fe7. I choosed fe7 for the assets. In any case, I enjoyed making the maps.

8 Likes