Sacred Stones Dooming the World

Sacred Stones Dooming the World is a rebalance? overhaul? rework? of Sacred Stones. I have been told many times about the numerous balance patches that have been made. Changing some numbers and ‘fixing’ the game. So how about we put some effort in and redesign? The goal was to overhaul the gameplay to create a very distinct game. Taking into consideration the common and my own gripes with vanilla. I hope I can provide a fresh experience on Sacred Stones that still feels like an official game.

The player characters stats are almost entirely unchanged. But a lot changed around them. A majority of the weapons have been adjusted. The support system has been reworked. It is more important and grants more customization in how you can shape your army. Nearly every map has been changed. Some only got minors changes while others flow completely different now. Enemies are generally more scary. Not by increasing their numbers or stats, but by buffing their inventory. Generally late game enemy spam has been reduced. Weaker classes have been giving some aid, while trying to differentiate their purpose.

While and after creating I played though the game 9 times. While I hope everything works, I need some brave souls for play testing and feedback.

wanna play blind? read at least this

-some bosses can move
-check enemy inventory
-check out Battle preparations shop
-faster + better supports
-buffed Rogue, Assassin, Druid, General, Sage, Archer/Sniper, Wyvernlord, Falcoknight, Great Knight, Troubadour, Valkyrie

Changelog with explanation

Added patch that displays battle stats while animations are turned off.
Bosses and their guards(units named Warden) move/attack when you enter the bosses range.
Especially late game Maps but also some early once will limit your time on the map by spawning infinite deadly reinforcements around turn ~20 depending on map(soft enrage). Those reinforcements got grant exp.
Heavily reduces the amount of normal reinforcement some late game maps spawn to encourage actually playing them over warpskipping.
Expanded reinforcement boxes so you cant sneak around them, but reduced enemy spam.
Increased poison damage from 1-3 to 3-5. Please use an antidote.
Generally buffing the inventory of enemies. Giving them stronger and diverse weapons. This will make the game harder but gives more of a need to use the new tools provided to the player.
Lower tier equipment and especially Slim Weapons give greater weapon rank experience. Lets to focus train a weapon rank in exchange for weaker combat during training. Good to catch up promotion weapons like Swords on Ranger.
Allows mutable S-Ranks on a single unit. Allows more lateral power scaling and no more accidentally locking yourself out of certain equipment.
1-2 range weapons have low might. Still good allround weapons for strong units but usually dont 1 round enemies.
Staffs grant more exp and weapon rank. Especially the Heal and the Unlock staff.
All ballistas might reduced to 5 and removed flyer effectiveness, but gain hitrate and infinite ammo. Cant be stalled out but also are no longer super lethal to low durability units.
Higher tier weapons have reduced durability. Your Staff units gain the the core function to restore the durability with buyable Hammerne staffs in battle-preparations shop.
Battle-preparations shop has been buffed in general. Has very strong items for high prices to make money feel valuable.
Reduced the effect of some stat boosters. In theory they are good to patch up weaknesses but in practice best is funneling them creates to create a 1 man army.
Desert treasure locations are now exactly outlined by bones.
Orion’s bolt can be used by fighter. Even tho Heroes cant use bows, Warriors can.
Gleipnir gains 2x effective damage against human enemies.
Myrrh weapons gain infinite durability but are weaker and effective damage multiplier reduced to 2x.
I wanted to add a second archer, but didnt want to create a fan-fiction. After the route split you can decide yourself if its ok for Anna to join your army. Enter the Tower of Valni and retreat. She seems like an acceptable opt-in addition. I made a sprite for her based on her Fates image.
The Tower of Valni stays. If you want to grind your units feel free to do so. Everyone who doesnt like grinding dosnt use the tower anyway and its also completely unneeded.
Seth losses 5 Speed and gains 3 HP. He no longer kills everything, but can be used as a tank.
Marisa join level increased from 5 to 7 with average growths, +5HP, 30% → 50% strength growth, can baseline use killing edge and +2 con so they dont slow you down.
Neimi like default archers gains higher res. Base 2 → 8, Growth 35% → 45%. +1 Strength from generic archer class buff.
L’arachel join level increased from 3 to 5 with average growths. Less time needed to staff grind before she can be promoted into a combat unit. Troubadour also gets back 7 move.
Removed enemy control glitch.
Supports grow 10x as fast. Unlocks conversations usually after 2-4 turns.
Affinities changed that way the cast has a more balanced distribution of affinities:
-Cormag Fire → Dark
-Colm Light → Thunder
-Marisa Ice → Wind
Supports give fewer but stronger stat boosts for better army/unit customization:
(exact numbers in ‘readme’)
Class changes:
Sword-locked units(including Erika) gain access to some swords that cant counterattack and be counterattacked.
Archers/Snipers have naturally high resistance making them strong vs the archetype that often outclassed them. Longbows are also a common occurrence.
Druids loose Anima magic and gain 15% Critboost. A better tradeoff for giving up the ability to summon. Also makes all enemy Druids more scary.
Sages gain dark magic. Giving them access to all magic schools for not getting a horse. Also makes dark tome users not as limited.
Proc Skills are based off your stats/improved to make you able to invest into them (stat boosters, legendary weapon boosts …).
-Great Shield: Defense%
-Sure Strike: 2x Level%
-Pierce: Skill%
-Silencer: Half critrate, quarter vs bosses.
Assassin retains thief abilities.
Rogue renamed to Saboteur. A bulky front line thief with expanded utility.
Including the ability to scale walls, use ballistas, block tiles with barricades and canto
Troubadour also gets back 7 move.
Valkyrie becomes more of a utility/mobility choice. Mageknight overshadows their combat with better tomes, while Bishop makes better use of Light tomes against monsters.
Gains 8 move on par with Paladin/Ranger. Promotion gains less magic and res but more hp and speed.
Flyer promotions become more specialized:
-Wyvernlord focus on tackiness. Loose their vulnerability to arrows.
-Wyvern Knight focus on offense.
-Falcoknight focus on speed and resistance.
Great Knight gain resistance to better match their defense.

Screenshots

Downloads

Download ups patch
readme changes

8 Likes

Chapter 9 Eirika softlocks on enemy turn if the cleric is the only one enemy remaining

I have 2 ideas how this could happen. Need to do some testing tho. Also did it happen turn 14?

13, I’m not sure why

There is a trigger on that turn that changes something with some of the AI. Otherwise this can be the reason.
Now that I look at it I dont even remember why I put a Commander for that unit in the first place. Probably just a copy+paste issue.

Hell yeah ! I have yet to find a FE8 rebalance patch I’m satisfied with despit playing half a dozen of them, so I’ll crash test this when I get the time~

1 Like

Just an FYI, you don’t have to use any of them, but there are multiple variations in the community asset repo of a Fates Anna portrait that matches the art style of GBAFE portraits much better.

I looked for it and didnt find anything I really liked. None was capturing her smirk. I would than rather work on mine and improve it, so it better matches the others. Ty for the suggestion tho

2 Likes

This hack looks good, I’ll download it