Random negative stat bonuses

Hello,

For some reason some of my units and random enemy units have negative bonuses on their stats. This results in units doing 245 damage because they have negative strength. Any help would be appreciated.

I made my account a month ago but I cannot upload images or links on my posts yet for some reason. If you want the UPS file or some screenshots I will message you them.

Thanks

Make sure the units don’t have negative strength in the “character builder”. If you want to weaken the stats of certain enemy units, it is better to lower their growth rates in the “class editor”.

I’ve checked this. The -X are -23 in some cases. Doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the base stat values. For example my 1C unit has base 5 STR (+2 base female archer strength) with -23 and 7 skill (+4 base female archer SKL)with -23 in game.

Perhaps check the weapon that the unit has equipped? Maybe you gave that a negative stat bonus?

A few questions:

1. Are you using the skill system?

2. Are these negative stat bonuses showing up on the status screen in red text?

3. How many units do you have in your largest unit group?

If this issue is what I think it is, the unit loading buffer is overflowing into the debuffs table, which results in the debuffs area having unit data by mistake.

To get around this, try putting no more than 15 units in each unit group. This should prevent the unit loading buffer from overflowing.

Unfortunately, this would mean that you need to split your enemy placement across multiple unit groups.

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. 51 on chapter 1/prologue.

I’m making a sort of 1 chapter mini game. Is there any way to avoid this issue with keeping the amount of units?

• ignore

Thank you so much.

You can keep the same amount of units. You just have to load them in chunks.

Instead of loading 50 at once, you’d need to load
15 + 15 + 15 + 5 units in different groups.

(Wasn’t 100% sure what I should ignore, so I thought I’d respond. Just in case).

Good luck with your project.

2 Likes