Random crashes and units dissapearing

  • Hacking method:FEbuilder

  • Base Game: FE8

  • Steps to reproduce:

Whenever i move a unit in chapter 21 (base chapter id being valni 2) of my hackrom it either dissapears or crash the game and send me to the title screen, it ususally happens when i move a unit near the north west of where the player army starts at.

Report7z:peak tile bug report - Google Drive

(PD: Please forgive me and my humor for naming the project unf*cked rom after a gamebreaking glitch, also, english isnt my first language so please exuse me for that)

Update: I did something but i dont think that i’ve fixed it fully, the units can still dissapear and stepping on a certain peak tile still takes me to the title screen but not as frequently, what i’ve done was to move EVERYTHING I could from the map from chapter id 25(valni 2) to chapter id 18(Turning traitor), and shaving off some of the size of the map from 30x40 to 28x38, i still have to discove what is causing the crashes, but I think that I can make an event always run on the map to set alive, deployed, non rescued units state to 2 (already moved), but as far as I know, only two specific tiles are the problem, If i figure it out i’ll update this again

Update 2: Tried doing an event that triggers whenever something happens where if a unit is hidden but not rescued/dead their state is set to already moved, but for whatever reason it didnt work as of this message writing i’ve identified 2 glitched tiles and edited them into thickets so theyre unpassable (Fliers dont seem to glitch out). This is only a temporary solution until I find out what’s wrong. Of course, when i discover what is wrong, I’ll update this thread.