Question time

Who is your character that isn’t considered good and why?
This can be personality, design, or whatever.

2 Likes

For clarification, do you mean 1) an FE or fangame character who we personally find lacking in one realm or another, or 2) one of our own characters who goes against the community’s stated preferences?

1. kinda
    I suppose I should have specified. I meant a character who isn’t considered good in utility or combat but you like personally.

I see. Well it’s Kent. I hate to say it, but Kent’s gameplay is subpar (for a cavalier). Speed is almost never an issue in FE7, and he just doesn’t have enough strength or defense to keep up with Sain and Lowen. That said, Kent is my favorite cavalier, straight up, out of every game where characters are classline locked. He’s devoted, respectful, and virtuous, but he’s not overbearing about it. Sure, he calls out Sain for being, well, Sain, but other than that he leads mostly by example. His character isn’t predicated on incredible amounts of trauma, just a duty to protect and a desire to prosper. He’s a knight, plain and simple, and I’m a bit tired of “deconstructions” of the knight archetype. Are some knights just glory-hungry half-wits with no care for the people they hurt along the way? Sure, but not every knight needs to be that. Kent is reliable both in gameplay (even if that reliability isn’t as useful as power) and in personality, and I really appreciate that.

4 Likes

For me, I would have to say Dalsin in Thracia 776.
I played Thracia blind and jeez was this guy a godsend. His growths and class are mediocre but his bases aren’t anything to sneeze at. I used him the entire run, start to finish, and he never failed me.
However, I will say that the map design of Thracia’s early game gives him a lot of room to be useful and grow.

Sophia FE6

Sophia as a unit and as a character trumps other “good” units within fe6. Her availiability is easily the best in the game (While also being able to traverse the desert) and her growths as a shaman are also very solid. She definitely outclasses Godger and Niime by a ton and is severely underrated as a unit and as a character.

Fe6 Cath, she’s very redundant outside of iron man, and is fairly meh compared to astolfo even with HMBs despite this her recruitment being arguing nobles bad [she’s right] before falling over herself and arguing about taxes is very fun.

2 Likes