Project Triangle Strategy, Whats your opinion?

Yeah, i agree with that, the mages normal attacks are very, very, weak, seriously, practicaly useless.

So yep, or they make normal attacks or magic more viable, or it will be hard to use mages.

I still dunno about this magic thing. The ice mage was fine (ice wall is great and he gains 2 Tp if standing on ice) The healer worked well (Haste costing 2 makes sense, and spending an ally turn to heal 3-5 characters makes sense) The Fire mage is a little harder, but if you use her to clean up weakened enemies she gains bonus Tp, so she sort of combos into herself.

I like the TP system, it’s reminiscent of FFTA2s magic charge system while staying true to Octopath/Bravely defaults “store actions” system.

Personally I felt all the abilities had a more old school tone and I enjoyed dealing with charge points instead of Mana (mp) or Durability (Or hp).

Typically in Tactics style games mages are supposed to move slower/less frequently than the rest of the cast because they get range, weakness exploitation and aoe that other characters do not. This is where FE is actually the oddball out.

3 Likes