Pretsel's Pantry

No! You can’t do this! You can’t keep getting away with this. ATHOS NOOO

4 Likes

Im back again, and this time it doesnt involve shaving

Featuring: Pretsel Revamp! (Also a Qua mug but we don’t talk about that)

Available Skins:
From Left to right: Noble, Snazzy and Original

This dude took way too long. Too long, but his progress pic doesnt really say that because most of the time was used to thinking what would this guy be wearing.

Well the rightmost mug isnt the most updated one but you get the idea. He started from beeg splices to mostly custom stuff. You can also see his initial planned clothing but was then told that cloth doesnt work that way being the usually large cape with a bit of gold on the center. It wouldve been an easy fix but during that time, it took a lot of brain juice to figure out how cloth flows in that style and position sooo… I took a break and did other stuff then profitted.

The Pastry family grows, like a dough with activated yeast left to chill. nothing changed, you were just blind, nobody was forgotten and later added, nuh uh

Stay tuned for future shenanigans!

23 Likes

the hair shading for bun girl’s hair looks amazing :eyes:

2 Likes

Few homeworks later, back at it again with another completed mug

Featuring: Pretzel Revamp! (Another revamp, eh?)

Available Variants:
image image image
Left to right: Salty bits, Unsalted and Non-risen dough

Progress Pic:

You’ve probably seen him from the main post as the 1st mug technically not the first splice i made but i lost the original 1st splice. Still was a pretzel head but a different torso. I felt a surge of confidence after finishing Pretsel Revamped so i wanted to do a proper version of my beginners attempt of a Pretzel Knight. There were actually earlier attempts like a year ago of redoing that but i didn’t have a proper grasp of perspectives and basic spriting stuff.

Originally the revamp was just gonna be 3D-ing of the pretzel but after a couple of concept sketches i made it bigger and liked it, so this guy takes up 2 portrait spaces now.

The Pastry family grows again

Stay tuned for future shenanigans! next post may or may not follow this style of update

25 Likes

All of them are iconic.

3 Likes

Screw consistency, I finally finished online class work and now i get to kick back, relax and do some self indulging sprite work

Its a revamp of a friend’s old mug which you can see here:

Variants: None, you don't get any.

Sike, heres a dollar store glasses accompanied with a wink and a smirk
image image

Time to go back watching some Love is War

14 Likes

Oh dear

1 Like

oh deer indeed

3 Likes

Its only been 4 days
I swear i thought it was longer

image “Oh, you made pixel art of me to celebrate Love is war Season 2? How cute.”
Featuring: Kaguya Shinomiya

Variants: None, you don’t get any its only been 4 days give me a break

Progress Pic:

Mega thanks to @BuskHusker for helping me with her face It wouldn’t be a proper kaguya if her face felt off. Quite proud of her hair tbh, tried to sorta stay true to its anime style while trying to add depth somehow. Thanks to wan for helping me with palette issues too, the ribbon was tricky to do with the original red shades. I think I’ll take a break for now.

image “Where’s Prez-san”
S-Shinomiya please, let me rest
imageWhere’s Prez-san

Someone save me

19 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to get over ball with eyes Kaguya.

1 Like

So a group of friends & I gathered together to do an Art Improvement month in which we submitted characters we wanted fan art of (oc’s included) and we do 1 of the characters in the list each day
So have a Luigi staring daggers at you
I pray you survive the onslaught this man will do to you in a race

26 Likes

Expected a funny reply to this?

TOO BAD.
WALUIGI TIME.

4 Likes

Day 2 of June Art Improvement Month. Wanted to try spriting in another way other than the fire emblem style.

Have a Lune Zoldark from Super Robot Wars!
Its my first time doing the pokemon spriting style so you can see that most of her parts are spliced from other characters. The hair was kinda fun to make. Then I tried doing the trainer face badge in black & white for her. I kinda deviated from the style at that point since i accidentally did anti-aliasing in her eyes but kept going anyways

Time to sleep cus I’ve been yawning for the past hour trying to finish this

16 Likes

I may have played pokemon black 2 for too long

Heres day 3 of June Art Improvement Month featuring Suleiman the Magnificent!
His beard was kinda hard to translate from painting form to sprite form & its also my first time doing wrinkles. The turban was the overwhelming part for me but was kinda fun doing the curves & wrinkles, wouldve been better if I used 4 shades but i already tackled that with the beard Im feeling kinda tired rn

Either Ill be doing a day late submissions or somehow make 2 sprites in a day, not quite sure. time to play pokemon black 2 to think about that

18 Likes

Things are slowing down rn, gonna try to catch up with the schedule

For now have Iruma-kun from Mairimashita! Iruma-kun also known as best pure boy
I tried adding depth to this pure boi but it looked ugly when i did the face so i focused that effort to the hair, which i’m not sure if its decent or not probably not, my anime-to-sprite-hairs aren’t properly translated. The eyes tho, I’m glad the colours were easy to anti alias with because trying to curve the eyebrows is now easier with more colours to blend in with.

Time to grab a cup of coffee cause I see sunlight outside my house

8 Likes

Late Day 5 submission, now featuring Brigitte from Overwatch!

Doing the hair & the accessories was fun, even if i had to revise the hair again. The armour was pain & probably requires more practice. Mega thanks to @BuskHusker for helping me with her face!

Finally I can go to bed now

19 Likes

Sleeping is good and yall should try it sometime.

Late Day 6 submission, featuring Gerik!

It was quite challenging doing a different head pose than what i usually do because I don't know my anatomy. The submission is less stressful this time because i dont have to tackle the issue of using the right palettes. Hair was a head scratcher too but i went lazy halfway, the initial half was fun tho. The eyes took a bit of time to make as well because i dont think I've seen a 1 pixel tall eye at an angle + perspective.

image Here’s the real one
Can you rly blame me tho? There was a chance & I took it.

Based from my work flow i think I’ll be doing late submissions for a while until I figure out how to catch up.

7 Likes

Double post time, Day 7 & 8 submission featuring Shirou Ogami from Brand New Animal go watch it & The King of the Skull Servants from yugioh!

It doesn’t show but I finished this fella faster than usual which made me breathe a sigh of relief. As usual I tried adding depth to the flat anime hair now with lesser detail unlike my Iruma submission

I was gonna go and sprite a skeleton head buuut I was reminded that its good to try & do other forms of pixel art, so I went undertale. Was confused on how it does their shading so theres gonna be mistakes guranteed. It was a fun process tho

& no you did not see the yugioh monster have a blue eye, the King of the Skull Servants doesnt even have that. Yall crazy

11 Likes

megalo

7 Likes

aight who used No Mortal Can Resist on Pret’s thread

don’t make me duel you all

3 Likes