Post your first splice here!

This is mine. The Hardin of my ongoing hack. I wanted him to look like as much of a high school ass***e jock so…

@Markex133 did provide this one with the necessary frames to work. As well as some fixups.
vermel

3 Likes

Borseti 2
Borseti.

11 Likes

Ho. Ly. Bingle. What. This is from before I had GraphicsGale. Absolutely rancid.
This is Shitella, I never did her blinkframes nor gave her a proper background, her talkframes are also likely misaligned, and I don’t even remember what parts I used to make her

2 Likes

SelfPortrraitWIP
My very first splice, Chad’s head on a recolor of SSHX’s knight body from the repo.

2 Likes

Back when I discovered the character creator I made some of this weirdos (the odd skin colors are intentional, btw)
Khae-BanathFelixBaohYulina

The last splice was this attempt of making D’arce from Fear & Hunger.
D'arce

2 Likes

That’s a sprite which started my adventure with splicing and working in febuiler.
ch_1
He already got like 2 redesigns but he looks good now! [I SWEAR XD]

2 Likes

Sure why not? Had to make a helmetless variation afterwards.

2 Likes

hoo boy
this was back in uh idk 2014 or smth
im ancient

2 Likes

luigiV1
Never posted this version because I tweaked it so often. Didn’t even fix up the mouth frames before I basically redid the splice.

2 Likes

1 Llyr
1 Llyr
This is Llyr, the first splice I ever did. He has Karel’s Hair, Guy’s Face, and Erk’s Body.
Didn’t know much how to make the mouth move, eyes blink, or a way to make the mini portrait, but I learned later on and refined it.
Thanks to this splice, I felt more confident into doing splices and got the hang of it. I never thought I’d ever be able to make any kind of portrait, but managing to splice Llyr, even if it was just the main splice was enough for me to be happy with.

2 Likes

Might as well embarrass myself here
I was a lot younger when I made the first version of Vigolf and it’s… “art”
I attempted to do custom stuff without knowing basics, I remember wanting to make it look less spliced, the messed up eye is meant to be a missing and exposed [is that edgy???] the grey on the neck is meant to be an old burn.
I started making this for an old PME that went nowhere, and later repurposed the character for my own hack.

vigolf
For reference here is what he became after I got better while I’m not the most awesome spriter I do think it’s a marked improvement
this mug was worked up to this from the original version so at least some of these pixels are the same.

2 Likes

Behold
My first splices !!

4 Likes

My Stuff (5) - Copy

Even now, I still like most of my old stuff

2 Likes

miriam

Made in early 2020. I updated her later to use FE8 colors.

Still my account’s icon to this day lol

3 Likes

One of the main characters of my hack, Lorelei Sinclair.

Concept

Lorelei - Revamped Base
My first go… Doesn’t look serviceable yet. She’s missing oomph.

Improvements

lorelei - reloaded - base_96_96
The second time around, I decided to change her top and add a hat…

Mugsheet

Lorelei - Reloaded - Portrait
Finally made an insertable version with frames…

???

Obligatory weight-handling scene.

2 Likes

good ol first splice
fan charecter jack

4 Likes

IMG_6470

Fresh from the microwave

4 Likes

imagemy profile pic was my first one

3 Likes

Samuel HackboxTest 4

My first splice is based on my first D&D character, Samuel the Warlock. Need to work on the jacket a little bit more, but I’m still proud of it!

3 Likes

TrueEphrra1
One day I’ll get around to actually making FE8 No Redundancy Edition

3 Likes