Post your first splice here!

That’s what I’m talking about. The uglies, the dirties, the nasties. And somehow, also the lovables that make you remember how you got into this place. I’ll start with my spliced “Sage”, named Midnight.
MidnightShadow

11 Likes

Okay you asked for it

Nino

Story goes that I was doing a randomized FE7 run several years ago and for fun I decided to do some mug replacements for units that made it pretty clear they were going to be carries from the word go. Brigand Nino was one of them.

14 Likes

Ok, this one was basically my first true splice. I admit I used the character creator tool for this one, just not in the usual way.
Troy, basically the first

7 Likes

Not Good, but practical. At least this hair taught me how to shade.
George

7 Likes

annabelle
lol
I did touch this one up for a mugging blitz but this is the original.

6 Likes

Arla
This looks better than 80% of what I’ve made LMAO

Scraiza_arla
then Scraiza fixed it

Arla2
then Der fixed it more

7 Likes

Walter wip
My very first portrait was this really low effort splice for Walter. I recolored it in Builder originally to have the green hair and dark blue jacket but this was the only saved image I could find of it.

6 Likes

My first one was pretty basic splices with some recolors and few/no touch ups. Never was an artsy type myself. But everyone starts somewhere, eh?
olwen first splice

But eventually she turned into this after many, many revisions:

Not as good as many of the sprites I’ve seen in this community, but I’m proud of it despite some of the imperfections I’ll eventually fix (or attempt to at least). Probably put way more time into this one mug than all my other mugs combined lol.
olwen
…Now to go work on my hack at the snails pace I’ve been going…

6 Likes

JG

I really haven’t made much, but this is the first one I made years ago. I know it could be better, but I decided to hold off on considering any revisions until I get her established in a hack of mine first.

3 Likes

It has been a long journey…
The first one is the original concept I created, my very first splice.
Some time later I improved it (the second one), and when Atey joined my team she made miracles.

Fun fact:
It took 4~5 years to the whole team to notice the 5th version had a glaring mistake
That piece of cloth comes out of nowhere lol

16 Likes

Here’s my first, I think I made him some time in 2016 or 2017. He was going to be part of a Bord & Cord duo. That duo still exists but one of the designs got used for a wholly different character outside of it and this guy’s ‘design’ got used for the other member of the duo. They don’t look alike much anymore but the same sort of vibe is still there.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, Pushwall. You just had to win the thread award in the second post. How is anyone else supposed to top this now? You are so rude!

The goal is not to top, but to bottom. I want to see if people get a good chuckle out of seeing our finest (not) creations. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Abigail (Portrait)
Can’t remember if this was my first exactly, but it’s definitely one of my earliest (Maybe like 2014, 2015?). I spent so much time tweaking Pent’s pauldron and cape to match Karla’s angle… She was one of the three lords of my original project idea, which has long since been completely scrapped. Since then, I’ve learned what constitutes an acceptable color palette.

6 Likes

Akutagawa
I make funni saleh splice

5 Likes

This was my first splice. I put Karla’s head on Isadora’s body with Sue’s
eyes.
Karla Splice hackbox complete

2 Likes

:smirk:

(5char)

While I’m by no means an artist, I’ve dabbled in splices for my (now deceased) hack. This was for the lord of said hack until some folks updated it. For a first attempt, its not too bad.
Marius

2 Likes

AAAA-1
For self-use, to replace a certain character in a certain ROMhack.
And i think you would understand why i did this.

if above not counted, this:
oldnobeledited
my first attemt for EDGE

5 Likes

roy4X08

I don’t really remember, but going by time stamps, this seems to be the first actual splice.

9 Likes