Pokemon abilities as FE skills

C is my evil black box. I’m holding out as long as I can until the entire system gets rewritten in it.

:skull:

1 Like

It’d make for a decent cutscene skill, but I’m not sure about it otherwise. It’s an immense cost to lose a unit to activate it. It’d have to be something like +10 in Attack/Skill/Speed when a unit dies.

1 Like

It could also be used primarily as a enemy boss skill. And a nice incentive for Ironman runs.

2 Likes

This is an interesting thread. I will gladly write my suggestions later. It’s good to have you here :3

2 Likes

ok so i’m thinking on skills:

• Anger Point: Gain +10 STR/MAG when hit by a crit.
  • Technician: Weapon might is 1.5 when using D-Rank Weapons.
  • Swift Swim: Gain X SPD when in rain.
  • Poison Point: When taking damage at 1 range, poison the foe.
  • Leaf Guard: Under harsh sunlight prevents status effects.
  • Contrary: Invert stat changes.
2 Likes

I like all of these, they’ll be pretty simple to implement too.

2 Likes

Ok i just had a crazy idea: What if abilities like Blaze, Torrent, etc increased the support bonuses for a similar affinity when at low HP? Like Blaze = Fire, Torrent = Ice, etc? You think that could work or is too out of left field?

1 Like

Pulled the list of abilities off of bulbapedia, see yall in a week :skull:

1 Like

Oh here’s a few more:

• Gale Wings: Attacks first when full HP (basically reverse Vantage).
  • Cud Chew: Upon consuming a Vulnerary or Elixir, gain another use
  • Sniper: Critical hits deal additional damage.
  • Solid Rock: Reduce the power of effective damage.
  • Fluffy: Reduce damage done at 1 range by half, but double the damage taken by anima magic.
1 Like

More good ones.

I have Poison Point and Technician done now and I’m currently working on Anger Point (which is oddly harder to do than I first envisioned)

I have no idea how to code so i dunno. :rofl:

question. Does SuperLuck use the Luck stat together with Skill to establish crit chance or does it just outright replace Skill?

Funnily enough I’ve already made a Skill called Anger Point for RD hacking. It transforms the user and grants them Daunt whenever they’re brought to below 30% when untransformed. So Laguz can use it to shift on enemy phase and it combo’s well with stuff like vantage and resolve.

1 Like

It outright replaces skill. Considering other skills can add to the critical chance as well, it would be stupidly broken otherwise.

I think by “Fire tome” they meant general fire magic: Fire Elfire, Forblaza. As opposed to JUST the E rank tome called Fire.

1 Like

In the latest addition (besides a ton of weather abilities) I got Plus and Minus to work! These were fairly involved and required doing an Aura skill check inside a stat bonus skill.

Thanks to @HunterAurzo for the suggestion.

This skill boosts all stats by +4 when both skill holders are adjacent to each other.

(Apologies for the quality, converting from mp4 is painful).

Skill-Plus-Minus

2 Likes

Would you do a thread for suggesting non pokemon related skills sometime?

1 Like

Sure. So long as it’s stuff that’s different enough from existing skills.

1 Like

I was saying a low hp condition would be more fitting when using the specified weapon type.
I understood they meant fire tomes generally.

I’ve made a full list of everything I’ve done so far here.

I should mention that most of these have already gone into the main skill system repo, so you can play around with them.

1 Like