Pokémblem - [Complete] v1.14

Couple glitches i’m noticing as i play through in no particular order:

• if you evolve in town and get +mov, your max mov is now beyond the limit and can crash the game.
  • berserk/confused units can attack trainers (not sure what happens if they manage to kill the trainer)
  • danger zone often not showing properly esp in big maps with scrolling
  • one of the early hikers mysteriously got way too much move and checking his range crashed the game (fixed itself on resume)
  • using AOE recover kills map music
  • sometimes enemies have inaccurate HP bars e.g. spawning with 20/20 HP but the HP bar shows half health
  • Fuchsia city is misspelled
3 Likes

Fixed both of these in version 1.01 already. Thanks for the bug reports! Will look into the other bugs. :slight_smile:

Edit: It’s also a good idea for everyone to update to v1.01 since v1.00 has a bug that can wipe your save file.

1 Like

Updated to v1.01 and finished the game (nice love it 10/10):

• the half health HP bar thing most commonly happens to one (the last?) unit spawned in a group and actually i think it’s the max HP being cut in half (e.g. should have 40 hp but shows 20/20hp). Maybe a leftover from the Hexing Rod effect?
  • some enemies e.g. Giovanni’s nidoqueen, gary’s venusaur are shown taking AOE damage but their HP would stay at max.
  • rare candy doesn’t increase your level e.g. 50->51 but takes you from 50->50 again
  • Does the house in Celadon work yet? i visited after beating the e4 and the message is the same
Spoilers for REDACTED fight
  • Only 4 of Gary’s gameshark team spawned (Shedinja/Mega Pidgeot/Mega Venusaur/Mega Alakazam)?
1 Like

I’ve commented out the POIN to hexing rod stuff which may have fixed the issue. Not sure why that ram is being set, though…
AoE has a rare bug where it deals a different amount than previewed. No idea why. Haven’t been able to reproduce it. Found the issue there. I had accidentally made boss battle’s ace pokemon immune to AoE. There may still be a rare damage bug, though. Idk.
Rare candy is intentionally that way. Makes it more powerful and not necessarily to be hoarded.
House in Celadon I just forgot about. Postgame stuff isn’t done yet anyway.

Final battle spoilers

On Normal he has MegaStarter, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Pidgeot.
On Difficult he also has Sturdy Shedinja. On Lunatic he additionally has Sturdy Shedinja and Wonder Guard Sableye.

Thanks for playing! :slight_smile:

Spoiler Alert

I thought there were just first gen mons without counting megas v:

I played the game and I would like to say I enjoyed it a lot. Lunatic was suffering at first but it toned itself down for an interesting experience. I can’t wait for post game content to arrive. I do wish there was a guide on where Pokemon are and/or their learnset. I think someone will get around to it one day.

Btw some bugs I found:

• Strength prioritizes the left boulder even if it can’t be pushed and it locks me out of reaching Articuno in the Seafoam Islands
  • I know you know about the house, but Cerulean Cave is also locked. I think the game is just missing the flag for beating the game
1 Like

Loving this ROM as pokemon and fire emblem are undoubtedly my favorite games. Pokemon Conquest in my opinion was an underutilized GEM. Anyways I was wondering if there was anyway to see what pokemon learn what moves and what levels? Admittedly I prefer to fully plan out using my favorite pokemon and like to see when moves are learned. I did try to look around a bit in FEBuilder but with no luck. If it is intended to not be known then no worries I will gladly still continue to play this Incredible game. Is there any thought of expanding to Gen II? It is my favorite generation and I would kill to play this with those mons.

2 Likes

Learnsets & TMs

Found items

Pkmn locations (except for event pokemon)

No, sorry.

Thanks, guys. Hope this helps. Please join the discord to share more about your playthroughs and to strategize with others :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Added an ingame randomizer option.

And epic video time!
Screenshot_20221106-170013_Brave

2 Likes

How do the patches of grass that spawn enemies work? So on route 1 I didn’t destroy all of the patches and then went back into pallet town, came out and they didn’t work anymore. Wondering if that’s normal.

There’s a few turns of a grace period where the bushes don’t do anything depending on the map. Then they start healing and eventually spawning wild pokemon.

Hi!

First of all, I am enjoying a lot the game. I am just at the beginning, just beat Brock, and I am having a blast. Thanks for such great hack!

Now, I think my file has a bug, because nobody misses their attacks. Never. No matter what says the battle forecast: 50%, 40% 25%… my pokémons and oponent pokémons always hits. Or there’s a glitch, or I have the weirdest luck of all time.

3 Likes

Misses in this hack do not “miss”, they just do reduced damage.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer!!

v1.05

• Ingame learnset menu has been created :tada:
    mGBA_9kjaubNMfO

• TMs now appear greyed out in stores/supply/etc. if you cannot use them

• redppr made an epic new title screen! :confetti_ball:
    title screen

12 Likes

In which update would you add the Discs instead scrolls ? :’(

Very neat hack, I enjoyed playing through it. I was just wondering if it’s possible to catch any legendaries? The birds all ran away and were impossible to faint, and Cerulean Cave is closed even after beating the E4. I’m not sure there is any postgame content, but it was a nice journey back through Kanto. Also, there’s a glitch that causes the fly option to disappear, no idea what caused it.

2 Likes

There is no post-game content at this time. There is a randomizer, though :slight_smile:. And the main game is about 10 - 25 hours long, lol. I’m not in a rush to add post-game content - mostly been working just on polishing things and squashing bugs.

The fly option is only available outdoors and previously required you to have a flying type on your team to use it. I changed this as of like v1.03 as it was more popular to be able to fly regardless.

1 Like

The randomizer function looks interesting, so ill definitely check it out!

About the Fly glitch, it wasn’t that I tried to fly from somewhere indoors/in a dungeon, and I had Charizard and Pidgeott on my team, but the option stopped showing up on the menu. I’m not sure what caused it, as it was working for a while and then stopped at a certain point in the game.

Did they faint?