Playable Character Limit

FE6 has a total of 54 characters, but only 51 are recruitable in a given playthrough. The limit of 50/51 playable characters is for the number of characters a player can have recruited at the same time, not for the total number of characters you can make available for recruitment in the game. Assuming you want full functionality out of all recruitable characters, that limit is 69, since BWL data is only saved for characters up to and including internal ID slot 0x45.

I’m actually not exactly sure how FE6 handles the Trial Map characters, but if I were to guess, it probably doesn’t actually store their data into your save file, and instead loads them into your party fresh each time you load up the preparations menu for a trial map. This is just conjecture, though, and I’m sure someone else has the actual answer.

2 Likes

If the game only stores up to 50 units on your save, but can handle up to 69 recruitables, then you could in theory do something like the FE DS games and make replacement units that join you ONLY a certain amount of your other units have died.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!