Plant Academy's Garden of Sprites

I’m back just to lay my attempted Maid sprite from Fates, just cause they look so good
Maid sprite
Spritesheet coming soon
I plan to use the rogue spritesheet as overall reference for it’s spritesheet
I swear if I only had more time to finish these spritesheets :sob:

11 Likes

Zhu Li!, Do the thing-

5 Likes

Danngg it’s been a while since I’ve updated here-
after quite burning out myself creating some portraits for my hack, I said to myself “Hmm I should try something new-” And I did
Well I tried doing some full bodies of some of my characters of my (yet to be made) hack and well… let’s just say I’m addicted to them now, help :slight_smile:
oh thanks also for the peeps at discord for critiquing them too :3 and a big thanks to @Obsidian_Daddy for helping me with the basics and such ^‿^
(not F2U/F2E)
More to come :smiley: (and trust me, there will be more)

25 Likes

These are cleanly coloured, I think some the shading is a bit flat and a bit off in places (eg. the boy’s top and belt look really flat where as the cape is nice an dynamic with some creases). Also his pants could do with some variation on the shading they look like they could be painted on rather than tight pants or regular pants, also not sure where his knees are)

The girl’s arms are really nicely sprited and shaded pretty well. I would say the triming for the middle of her top underneath her hand needs a little tweaking, at the moment it makes her chest look a little mishapen when compared to the rest of the way the shading is going for her chest. Also the shading on her dress/skirt suggest her feet should end further apart, unless she’s crossing her legs.

But these are some nice starts and pretty good full bodies proportion wise, which a lot of artists struggle with when doing full bodies.

5 Likes

New two full bodies baby >:)
although may have went over the deadlines of 2 days each per fullbody-
The princess and maid of my hack (basically my female lord and her maid in my hack and yes, there are maids in my hack)
also noted on Gary’s critique, the fixes are already on the way
(note: I’m aware there may be areas that looks very wrong like the princess’s under hair flow and all that, I know and I’m still learning how these things work and I will improve on that T3T)

21 Likes

The whole fam’s here fam
1 new fullbody + fixes/rehaul on the previous full bodies

14 Likes

Oh yeah, Forgot to update this thread again, hehe silly me
here are my submissions in the CCC contest:
All are F2E

As of late my Fullbody addiction has worsened, I was able to create 10 Fullbody drafts around the time span of estimated 2 hours :smiling_face_with_tear::
My goal being to recreate some Mugs based on their Official Artwork but also depends if the mug and the official art meets a requirement, being if their mugs and official art don’t match angles then they aren’t doable,
Example: Their portrait ingame: 3/4 angle and their Official Artwork: Facing Front
that’s all, I hope my addiction lessens :'D

20 Likes

Have a priscilla, Matthew, Fiora and Cecilia too
Oh and if some of ya’ll noticed, for some of the FE6 portraits I’m using some kind of modified ones instead of their vanilla ones just because they look better :triumph: so credits to Obsidian Daddy for the Clarine one (even though he mentioned no credits needed but I still did because I want to >:) and Levin for the Lilina and Cecilia one from the repo :>

12 Likes

Soo, who would ya’ll want to see get finished first?

• The Pherae nobles (Eliwood, Roy)
  • The Mage Generals (Pent, Cecilia)
  • The Pegasus Knights (Tana, Fiora)
  • The Royal Snipers (Klein, Innes)
  • The Little Mages (Ewan, Lilina)
  • The troubadours (Priscilla, Clarine, L’arachel)
  • The Thief (Matthew)

0 voters

3 Likes

damn, that’s quite a lot of full bodies portraits, i can imagine it took quite a good amount of time sketching all that stuff.
you did a stellar work on all of them, by the way. i’m sure the final renders will be awesome~ :+1:

2 Likes

How many full bodies do you wanna make?
Plant_Academy: yes.

Jokes aside, I’ve seen some of these on discord before and you’re doing a great job.
I hope you will actually finished most of them, bc I couldn’t vote for as many options as I wanted to. xD

1 Like

I mean, might as well throw in the Renais Twins here

14 Likes

Polls now closed, but hey!, looks like the Mage Generals win!
yay so whilst I retouch their fullbodies, have this Semi-finished Sophia that I was invested in for about 2 days for… no reason… Discord peeps may or may not recognize this (don’t worry, I’m planning to finish this sometime in the future once I figure out how to do her Dress folds properly-)

I actually foreshadowed this on one of my submissions in the repo:

14 Likes

I have lots of treats for ya’ll today >:)
An update or a sneak peek if you will- on the Cecilia Fullbody

Some progress on the other fullbodies

Foreshadowing 2.0

And WIPs
Sadly my time on these fullbodies will be reduced as school’s starting (it’s literally tomorrow-)

14 Likes

Welp this is akward… Still haven’t finished Cecilia’s (pent’s either-) Fullbody but Klein did-
Here’s the look of the Draft and Final output of it.
Welp that’s 1 out of (counts drafts) 20+ drafts of Project Fullbody (and yes, I am now officially calling it that)
Non FE related but recently just finished watching Kaguya sama love is war and… welp just see for yourself:
ight bai

18 Likes

I do not know why FEU said that the last post was 8 months ago when it’s just been 2 weeks-
Have this Kaguya sama Love is War art

13 Likes

Ah yes 20 days ago equates to 9 months ago I guess ;-;

I’m now practicing Custom/Reskinning sprites as well in practice for my custom anim filled hack :smiley:
Karel
Clarine
Cecilia + wip animation
Don’t worry Imma release this for the repo once I finish the remaining frames, but imma let others script it since I do not have any experience yet in that department

Klein wip

Non-FE related again but anime related:
A tengen uzui from the demon slayer anime :DD
spliced from hawkeye’s body+head and hector’s face, got creative with the eyes and minimug, being the demon slayer corp logo. Damn was it hard to keep color consistency with his mug. may or may not create his wives as well.

13 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure the check system is bugged - my posts on my own thread keep insisting the last post was 3 years ago lol

These portraits-matched-battle animations are really good, keep up the good work!
did someone say I CAN SCRIPT SOMETHING?!

4 Likes

aww thanks :DD

yes, yes someone did >:D

I do not know why I had this sudden feeling, but eh why not I said
I WILL BE DOING CHARACTER STILLS BY REQUESTS
I’m now holding requests I think is what its called put your characters below that you want to get reskinned but with a few guidelines:

• I will first determine if it is doable or not depending on the character requested
  • ONLY post the exact class of the cited character, I will not do any “Alternate” class of that character
    ex. “Do a Roy Mage!” is a big NO NO ya’ll
  • That being said, I will only do the character’s exact class
  • No custom classes from other FE games, only the GBA classes
  • playable characters and VILLAINS are allowed
  • NO OCs, OR CHARACTERS FROM OTHER SERIES, WITHIN FE ONLY
  • Also, if the character already has a reskinned sprite in the repo, I will decide whether to do that character or not
    Lastly:
  • please be considerate as I am only doing this for fun, also since I have school (and oh god the Homeworks), please do not expect it to be done immediately

What to do:

• Post the portrait (or if possible, their official artwork so that I can grasp what they look like)
  • Name of the character
  • if the character is outside of FE GBA, cite their class in their respective game; if the class is a custom class in that specific game, just tell me their closest class in the GBA games.

Who knows, I even may or may not animate them in the future :wink:
EDIT: All the works that will be made here is F2U/E

5 Likes