Pikmin ASM

Nah just classes. Thanks!

You can change these two lines in TryAddUnitToRescueTargetList.s to these and recompile and it will be by class ID instead of unit ID
Line 39 - ldr r0, [r2, #0x4]
Line 47 - ldr r0, [r4, #0x4]

7 Likes

[FE8] 1RN Mode by Flag/EID

Simple togglable 1RN mode. When the user-defined flag/eid is active, all 2RN calls will roll 1RN instead.

17 Likes

[FE6] Default Settings

Sets the options to the following upon loading Chapter 1:

• AutoCursor Off
  • Text Speed Max
  • Game Speed Fast
  • Animations Mode 2
9 Likes

[FE8] Hard Mode Prep Shop

Makes the 1.5x price modifier on the prep shop only be applied on hard difficulty.

14 Likes

[FE8] Block Status Screen By Unit

Prevents the status screen from being opened on any defined units.

7 Likes

Geez, you’ve been on a roll.

1 Like

I’m probably doing something wrong, but whenever I try to install this onto a clean rom, it ends up crashing immediately. I even tried downloading a new copy of this hack, a new copy of event assembler, and a fresh rom online, but it still crashed. Any ideas?

you need to install to freespace

2 Likes

You know, I left the community just as buildfiles began to become popular, so I still completely forget about having to do stuff like that. Thanks!

2 Likes

[FE8] Fixed-range Warp

Not putting up a link for this since it’s incredibly minor.

PUSH
ORG 0x1E380
SHORT 0x20XX 0x46C0
POP

Replace XX with the range you want (01 for 1, 02 for 2, etc).

7 Likes

[FE8] Mag / 3 Range

Replaces all instances of Mag/2 with Mag/3 instead.

9 Likes

[FE8] Red and Green Summons

Once again not long enough to warrant a link.

PUSH
ORG 0x7ADE6
SHORT 0x2540

ORG 0x244AA
SHORT 0x2CFF
POP

Allows for summons to be made into green units. You can also swap SHORT 0x2540 to SHORT 0x2580 for red unit summons if you’re some kind of evil mastermind.

10 Likes

I love how there is no tangible interest in why someone would do that.

[FE8] Phantom Customization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fjnlJQbEk&feature=youtu.be

Allows you to set a list of parameters and their % chances of occuring while summoning a phantom (by character ID). This includes:

• Class
  • Inventory
  • AI

Setup is a bit complex so I left my testing case as an example. Please note that your percentages per list need to total to 100 or you might break the game.

17 Likes

[FE8] Staff BGM

Earlier, I created “Custom Heal Amounts” to add in more healing staves. But what I didn’t notice at the time was that the healing staff BGM was also hardcoded! This once again sets up 2 bytelists - one for items to use the healing staff BGM, and one for items to use the status staff BGM.

10 Likes

So I decided to use the phantom customization asm, and it turns out that any phantom that makes it to the next chapter doesn’t despawn. They are carried to the next chapter like a normal unit. So any chapter that have a battle prep, you will have to add them in as a normal unit.
If all I said above was correct, you could create a phantom army!

Are the phantoms suppose to level up? Last but not least, do you plan on making a way to differentiate what character spawn what type of class? Love the asm btw!

1 Like

I believe those things (removing from party and leveling up) are hardcoded to the Phantom class, but I can take a look at making them more modular.
The type of class is determined by the phantom’s unitID, so you can associate to character based on what phantom said character is summoning.

3 Likes

I forgot that the phantom have a lot hardcoded stuff. I also tested that you can trade with any phantom that isn’t the phantom class. Again I know that is hardcoded, but do you think there is a way to add those traits to the character id. I have no experience with asm but its a thought.

1 Like

Yeah, trading should be an easy fix. I think what I will do is have all these things check for units in the phantom summoning table to treat those units as phantoms instead of the phantom class ID.

3 Likes