No mode select fe7

So recently I beat Eliwood normal mode and when I go to press “New Game”, it just takes me directly to Lyn’s story in Normal mode. Is the mode select menu supposed to show up right when I press new game or do I have to beat Lyn’s story in normal mode again?

Fe7’s mode select screen is in a weird location for the game’s memory. It’s usually not an issue unless you play with an old save state’s progress. You should be fine if you just beat the final chapter again.

If you’re still having trouble, please tell what you may have previously done that may have caused this.

Edit: Yes, you should be seeing it immediately after selecting new game.

I can’t exactly beat the final chapter again because the save is just an epilogue. However, I do have another save that’s on the final chapter but I didn’t beat it because it was my first tine ever playing Fire Emblem and, well let’s just say it’s not salvageable. Perhaps this save is what’s preventing it? I wouldn’t be suprised if it was.

Also, I’m playing it on an actual cartridge, which may or may not affect it.

Edit: I just let the epilogue replay and now it works. I think its because the last save slot had something in it when I first watched the epilogue, but it didn’t this time. Thanks for the help!

No problem, glad I could be of assistance.