[Nightfall] 48-Hour Hack Jam

And with that, the first 48-Hour Hack Jam has ended!

Who will win this hack jam?

We have two entrants: Sme and Darrman. In order to help me with deciding the winner I have a small jury with me. Whichever of the two hacks gets more votes wins.

While I would have loved to leave it up to a community vote, I think the amount of downloads tells me that would go nowhere.

What now?

With a staggeringly low participation rate of just two users, I would still consider this contest a success. I can take something away from this and make sure more people want to contribute to future jams. And yes, there will be more. I will probably change the way the format works so it looks less challenging for entrants.

Either way I thank everyone who contributed and everyone who has helped me with getting this off the ground.

See you soon, everyone!

7 Likes

Don’t feel too bad about the low number of entries. The first installment of any event of this sort is going to have a low turnout, and this goes doubly so if you don’t have any personal brand name power.

To give some examples:

Ragefest 1, hosted by Markyjoe, at the time one of the biggest names in the community, got… six entries.
MAFC1, hosted by Ghast, a major FE fangame tuber, got… seven entries.

There are other examples I could pull up, but the big takeaway here is that brand power is way more important than operational mistakes. Keep at it!

8 Likes

Well, well, well gamers. Looks like it’s been a hot minute.

I have not forgotten about this thread, don’t you worry. But more importantly I believe it’s time for the big announcement:

Congratulations to Sme for winning the first 48-Hour Hack Jam!! :crown:

So now you might be wondering when the next Hack Jam will happen. Good question, I can’t actually tell you that. We’ll just have to wait and see.

(oh yeah mods can you guys lock the thread thx)

2 Likes