Mug Commission ($40 budget)

I’d like to ask for help with a mug that honestly would be totally out of my league with my level of spriting experience. All I have right now is a concept, but this character is supposed to be of major story relevance, so I want their portrait to be clean, cool, and in her case, intimidating.
Dianafaceshade
This is the concept. It’s dated, it’s ugly, it’s only a vague idea of what I want her to look like. The headdress is the biggest and most stand out piece of her portrait, and there’s no hair coming out of it because she’s bald. The color palette should be relatively the same.
The eyes are only empty because spriting custom eyes is hell and I was just getting a general shape of her portrait. I also don’t want her facing forward, I want her angle to be like Ismaire’s, if that’s possible. If it isn’t, Selena’s angle is fine, or the basic angle if the former two angles are not achievable. Also, pipe dream of mine, if she could be holding her axe like this (https://i.pinimg.com/236x/cd/f9/03/cdf9037dfeb44ad24a41bc7dfd1def6a--marvel-avengers-alliance-marvel-heroes.jpg), but with both hands on top of the handle.
The armor in the reference doesn’t really matter. What I want the armor to look like is sleek, not bulky like an armor knight, but reasonable enough that she could move around in it and still be considered armored. Her class will move like a general, so the armor should clearly have weight to it, but not be gigantic or limit her mobility too much.
I will pay 40 dollars to get two hackboxes. One hackbox will be her regular form, one will be her bald, as in without the headdress. If you have any questions, ask here, and if you think you’re up to the task, please leave a mug or two that you have done so that I know the quality of your work.

Update: I have found an artist to do this commission. I appreciate any artist who has DM’d or replied to the post here, and I’ll keep you in mind for future commission jobs. I apologize if you spent a lot of time on a draft.

3 Likes

I’ve been picking away at this for the past couple of days. I’m not what the kids would call “The Best Spriter” but I really liked the concept you posted and thought it’d be fun to give it a shot!

Obviously still a work in progress (I’m verrrrry slow when it comes to shading). But let me know if this is sort of along the lines of what you were hoping for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

-redacted-

2 Likes

That looks fantastic! I love your take on the armour. That was definitely an area I had struggled with. Good stuff! :smiley:

-redacted-

10 Likes