Mourning dead hacks

Yeah, it has become its own full-fledged game, however I loved the hack to bits back in the day.
It had found a way to use FE8’s map sprites to tell its own story, and the Demon King was way more interesting of a villain there than in FE8.

1 Like

I may actually be the only person with an LP of it.

Wow, I sound so young. So full of hope. Then 2020 hit.

7 Likes

Yeah, I kinda lost interest in in once they said that it will be a VN.

I’m glad for the dev of Midnight Sun that he found success with the VN, but it’s sad that the original romhack is not only dead but also nearly impossible to find nowadays.

2 Likes

Midnight Sun’s new VN looks awesome. I’m gonna play it day one. Not just to support Alfred, but because the new strategy gameplay looks really neat.

4 Likes

I have a copy, but only in rom form.

This is truly a tragedy.

you can turn it back into a ups using febuilder and a clean rom of whichever game was used as the base

Oh yeah, forgot about that. If anyone wants that, let me know.

1 Like

…I think I did a mug or two for Shatterlight, now that I look at it
huh

3 Likes

Ill take one of those, seems interesting

here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DiBZ9ey0jQQyu5qtJc03Ter9NcWJEXdp/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

no problem.

Thank you so much! I’m so happy to be able to experience it again!

And another hack was set to join with the other deceased hacks.

2 Likes

J&p book 2 is a masterpiece and I will continue to tell you that Green.

1 Like

Anyways, shout outs to Last Heavenly Throne and Runa as a whole I guess. Whilst the hack isn’t technically cancelled, Runa dissapeared a while back(before my times) and it doesn’t seem she’ll return any time soon, if not ever.

3 Likes

After seeing all of this I feel a bit scared for the future of my hack I mean I want to see it throught but will other people on the team want or can see it throught. Hopefully nothing horrible happens.

5 Likes

Hello everyone
Sorry if this is potentially rude towards MageKnight404/Ray (since I don’t remember why he removed the download link), but would anyone happen to have the ups patch for his 6-chapter hack called “Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX”? If so, would you please send it to me privately/here on this thread?
I really loved it back when I watched it all those years ago, and I would love to be able to get it for myself.