Melee and Magic menu Fix issue

Hopefully, I posted this correctly.

I installed the Melee and Magic menu fix patch.

During testing, enemy units had levels of magic stat that I did not give them, nor did their class. I checked. I presumed the patch was broken, and tried to uninstall it. But the Pow and Mag stats remain split. I was not able to select a previous version of the rom when uninstalling.

Trying to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your time.

Please also post in the link below or in the feu discord’s #febuilder_help.

Ahh right. I’ll post it there. Thanks.

1 Like

In the case of FE8U, StrMagSplit is implemented in SkillSystems.
It is not directly related to the “Melee and Magic Menu Fix”.
The “Melee and Magic Menu Fix” is a patch to fix combat animations not working properly when you have both magic and weapon weapon levels.

It requires SkillSystems CustomBuild to cancel the StrMagSplit.

It’s hard to imagine that the “Melee and Magic Menu Fix” has made anything strange.

I frequently encountered units with bizarre levels of either

Can you be more specific?
How can I check it?
What unit’s status screen do I have to look at to see the problem?

I can’t see the problem, so I can’t fix it.

The easiest way to fix it is to go back to the backup you made just before you installed the patch.
The backup is created in the same directory as the ROM.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
It sounds like the skill system implements this str/mag split. I would have installed both around the same time.

Uninstalled skill system, and the Str Mag split is gone. I then needed the Melee and Magic Menu Fix to have a swordsman that could use staves.

As for which units were affected:
In the unit placer, the Gorgons in chapter 2, “Prey,” would have 0 Mag, until I reentered their magic stat in the class menu. When I scaled up their levels, Mag dropped back down to 0. During testing, a separate “survivor” sword class would have 8 magic, while her class and unit Mag stat was 0.

*Edit: Oh, dear. I broke it. Static, and freeze on test.

I am not sure if it is easily possible to uninstall skillsystems. It is such a large hack that undoing everything must be difficult. I had done a test several months ago where I installed the febuilder skillsystems patch onto a clean fe8 rom, then uninstalled it. It would not go past the title screen, so the game was broken by doing that. Perhaps the Diff Debug Tool is needed to properly revert all the changes.

I would generally recommend running a custom build of skillsystems with the config options of your choice.

Yeeeep. That’s what Imma have to do. I share your experience.

If you uninstall SkillSystems, basic patches such as anti huffman, Command01 hack, Command 48 Hack, 16track 12sound, etc. will also disappear.
This is because SkillSystems contains these standard basic patches.
If you Uninstall SkillSystems, you will need to reinstall these patches manually.

@7743 Does the game get stuck on the title screen because the anti-huffman gets uninstalled?