Magic animation not working at melee range

Hello I am kind of new to this whole rom hacking thing, I think I kind of made a mistake making by putting a magic animation unto a weapon that shouldn’t have it in the first place.

Now, it’s all messed up. The animation never plays on melee range combat anymore it only works on indirect combat.!

Melee
Problem|240x160 !

Range
Range|240x160

Thank you very much and please forgive my lack of experience.

Are you using FEBuilder? If so, have you tried installing the patch Range-Animated Weapons List Installer? With this patch you can increase the amount of weapons that use their ranged attack animations even at melee range.

Hello, I’m sorry for the late response.

I tried it but the magic animation still didn’t seem to work.

Thank you for replying.

My first impulse is that your animation doesn’t have the C05 (Call spell associated with equipped weapon) code in the close range animation, which could easily be the case if it were based on, say, a sword (which only calls a spell at range by default). But the necromancer’s staff animation should have proper magic coding at both ranges. Have you been editing it? If so, double-check that it still has C05 in modes 1 and 3.

Thanks, I don’t know how that happened but that was actually the problem…

Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.