Just to be clear, you’re crashing before the start of the first turn on “Hot Hot Leg”? Because if so, I can’t replicate that crash on the latest version. If you’re not already on it, try to transfer your saves and give it another go?
Is there any way to increase Mem? I forgot what Zelg said about Mem in the early chapters. And yes i read the library.
Mem just goes up with your level naturally.
Huh, thought I had the latest version. Redownloaded what looks like the most recent and can now get through it with no issues.
Thanks, great game so far!
I decided to just replay the game and it’s been a good time! Back to level 40 and it’s kicking my ass again.
Not to make it even harder on me, but I think the “knights survive fatal blows above 1hp” skill isn’t proccing? I’ve had a couple 1HKOs during my attempts while Gabeau is in range of another knight.
And Floor 40 cleared! Turns out I was just YOLOing too hard and needed to pick off Rapha first so I had breathing room to get the rest. And to spam support banners, it’s just super useful in this scenario. Shift is also goated yet again here, I spent my first two turns on shift+rescue strats to get Knights into range and kill 'em. Brave Axe on DD was helpful for getting the kill.
Whoo, the investigation sequence after that was hella cool. I really liked tying things back to the Prologue! It’s like poetry, it rhymes.
Yeah the investigations are the best
Just hit the Level 45 mystery segment. This game is peak.
Hey, so, I finally decided to do another full playthrough of this game, and at a friend’s request, I ended up doing a challenge run that has somehow made it to floor 45 (yes, this got past 30, 35, and 40, you don’t want to know how), and I think I’ve sort of hit a wall in terms of not being able to think up a plan that would work for floor 50-51.
The challenge is pretty simple: No attacking physically with my units (this excludes conversions, otherwise this would be at least tedious, and likely impossible). Magic weapons are allowed, but physically attacking with them is not, the weapon needs to factor in the magic stat in some way and hit res (shadeslash breaks this rule, but it’s a tome, so it’s fine.)
The Current Issue (Spoilers for Floor 40 party)
The new party of 8 is really testing me, there’s a lot of good here, I’m just not exactly sure what I should be using and what can go by the wayside (admittedly, this is mostly a knowledge problem, I don’t remember what A rank weapons are left, and what a few of the lv20 skills do).
Chidori is not great by the strict rules of the challenge, she burns though Mana incredibly quickly, and is reliant on mana drops to keep her going. She probably needs soulsteal, but aside from that, not sure what I can do
Almanac is still incredible, I just need to be more careful than usual, since getting her to 0 Mana also bricks her. Might also want soulsteal
Ghosten is virtually unchanged
Lines is mostly unchanged
Cinco and Longinus both have a major issue, in that they are weaponless. As far as I know there are no magic lances or axes, and the custom weapon is far better suited to DD (at least they can take it for the 46-49 fights, since you can remake it after every fight, but still). I assume both are still worth deploying for Rally/Swap, but if anyone has any idea on how to let them participate, please let me know.
GGWP unfortunately is a good magic sword DPS. I assume I’m just dumping 21 points into magic to max his attack power.
Shimmer is another one I really have no idea what to do with. I was considering just setting her to dark for most fights, but bows are also really nice for the spectral bow. she also has only 5 mem allocated, so it’s possible she can do some S rank items stuff or otherwise just max out on skills.
As for the other eight, they’ve already mostly been locked into their builds, though Hero and Zelg have only 5 Mem spent, and Loonie thankfully has 0. Current setup is the following
Zelg: Soulsteal (Capped HP, High Mag/Def)
Hardman: Soulsteal, Convoy (Capped Offenses, High Spd)
Loonie: (Capped Mag, High Spd)
Philo: Soulsteal, B Items (Capped Mag, Lck, Spd)
Hero: B Anima (Almost Capped Hp/Def)
DD: Killer (High HP, decent offenses)
Dazzle: Leadership, Supporter (Capped HP, no other investment)
Orchid: Soulsteal (High Mag, Spd)
I figure floor 45 is probably not going to be terrible, but I don’t want to mess anything up for 50, considering the margins for success are going to be incredibly tight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, though obviously I’m not expecting anyone to solve any of these fights, it’s a tough game and this is a brutal challenge.
Challenge has been fun so far, aiming to clear it sometime this month, but it’s taught me a lot of weird stuff about this game I’d be glad to chat about if anyone has any questions
i am in fact genuinely horrified you got this past 30
I have a Question!
Why?
30 wasn’t terrible, Res-invested Hero and normal Orchid can actually take care the right side by themselves, leaving Philo, Loonie, Hardman with 4 thunderblades and Zelg with an assortment of magic swords to deal with the generals/physical enemies on the right side. Dragons can mostly be ignored by levitating/pinning them with a ranger convert, and the final phase was basically solved by Philo holding Misfortune to drastically nerf the boss’s crit avoid, which DD can obviously exploit (even with a magic custom axe, DD can do massive damage with rooted blow)
The only like, super unique thing about the clear was Hero using Proclaimation (the second skill that gives permanent Res) and a health ring to tank all 4 siege tomes without getting statused.
Edit: To answer the other question, why not? I wanted to replay the game and this seemed dubiously possible, so I wanted to check if it was doable lol