[Lex Talionis] Fire Emblem IV-V: The Holy War (FE4 & FE5 Remake)

Hey man, I just finally got around to downloading the latest version and trying it out. I’m more than happy to redo the prologue mission, but when I got to chapter 1, attacking the first barbarian, just south of the starting base, always crashes the game. Kinda bummed out about that.

Also, I’m one of those crazy players that will grind my characters on Gerrard until I’m happy with how strong they are, or until they accidentally kill him. I got Arden up to level 20, how do I promote him now? IIRC characters in FE4 could promote upon hitting level 20 at their home base, I can’t seem to find any option in or outside the base though.

1 Like

Do you know that you can be reported to nintendo and Is as people have to py ou to play a game you made without their license?

1 Like

They are both on his patreon, so you need to pay

Yeah, I can’t read, don’t mind me.

1 Like

Can’t find his patreon but if it’s true I expect making money from something using FE assets which is basically copying fe4 will be met with legal action, if it happened to tearring saga it happens to this. This could be the beginning of the end

Hey, glad to hear you are enjoying it!! Mmm I’m not sure what’s happening… Who are you using to kill him and what level is it?? As promote items where not yet available in FE4 and you promoted from base, I made it so charscters auto-promote when hitting max-level (15 for tier 0, 30 for tier 1, and I added 15 leves for tier 2)… It may be happening due to the grinding… Not quite sure, could you record what you do and send it to me to the email I’ll dm you???

Yeah I know, have you checked (surely not) that you have to pay nothing to play this??

Nope you needn’t to pay, if you get to my patreon you’ll find everything published as public, so you need to pay nothing to download and play.

You can get to my patreon by clicking on the download here link, also there is no payment required to download or play this remake. Everything is published as public. If you are not subscribed it will show you my 3 subscription tier, if you scroll down paying no attention to this you’ll find the publications and you’ll see that they are all public, that you can access them and the links on them without having to pay a penny

you need to pay nothing (as I already said like 3 or 4 times), just scroll down to the publications and download the game

You’re still trying to make money from a remake though, that’s the problem, although I guess mangs makes money from let’s plays of mainline FE games which I assume is legal, anyway I hope you know the specifics. Yeah I just wouldn’t put it on your patreon and have patreon early-access stuff because you’d be making money from the project which uses nintendo assets

I didn’t noticed that I’m sorry, but I still don’t recommend you to post it on patreon, as other people can get the same conclusion as me

1 Like

I’m not, I would be if I had the publications fixed to only be available to patrons, the subscription is for who wants to, I’m not making anybody pay anything to download it nor play it. I’m using Patreon 'cause I have more projects and I want them all to be accessible from the same point when I publish them. The tiers are required by Patreon to be created, but I can choose if what I publish is restricted for patrons or public (which I’ll be doing with everything I publish there, everything will be public, so nobody needs to pay anything to get it and play it)… But, thanks for your point of view, I’ll be more careful on how I do things. Any suggestion of other place where I can publish everything together??

mmm I think I’ll have to make a little guide in the publications here and at Serenes Forest, so that does not happen… It’s just a matter of checking out but still…

You could make your own website like Yeti has or use one of those websites that lets you make your own website

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea… I’ll check how to do it, although he does too have a section for donation that redirects directly to paypal, which is basically the same as subscribing to a patreon, who wants to do it does it, who doesn’t want to does not, no problem at all.

Yeah, I know that now, no problem.

1 Like

ok I think this I added at the beggining could help meanwhile…

Ok I found the issue you mentioned, and was kinda quick to fix… Tell me if you find anything else.
Here you have a link to the hotfix https://www.patreon.com/posts/49063014

You don’t really have to put tutorial on the first post, just clarify that you only use Patreon as a media to access your game and it’s not locked behind the paywall.

I’d put it like this:

“I only use Patreon as a media for easier access and easier management with my other projects. Please follow the instruction on the page to download the game.”

And I’d suggest linking to the actual post about your game, not to your Patreon page since there might be misconception like what happened above.

Also a grammatical correction

“Download the most recent version here!”
or
“Download the latest version here!”

lastest doesnt exist as an actual word

Hope these can help

edit :
or you can just actually link the download from Mega and the Google Doc (the feedback doc) here, what’s the point of giving extra step here

3 Likes