Let's Play: The Road to Ruin

That’s the morally gray perspective that it’s sometimes trying to show. Neither Aksum or Sybaris is pure evil, but both nations see their cause as just and the other as wrong. Sybaris is trying to root out some sort of ancient evil; Aksum is defending itself against an unprovoked assault from another nation. Except then the game tries to portray Sybaris as straight-up in the right, even in Aaron’s perspective. Aksum betrayed Vance for… some reason, because evil?, and Sybaris seems overly sympathetic in Aaron’s chapters. They’re apparently sparing everyone relevant (except the generics, but nobody likes the generics anyway), and Yorlu (one of the main Aksum representatives) is not a good person at all. Even without Aaron’s existence, TRTR could’ve executed a better version of Revelations’ story: Vance trying to figure out and deal with the greater situation behind the Aksum-Sybaris war. But nope! Evil empire that is kind of not.

If nothing else, using the generics saves weapon uses for your good units/weapons. (Like Captain, which I’m just going to guess is his actual name, since he never goes by anything else and isn’t a generic.)

Part 10

Also idk, there isn’t any point in the generic chapters themselves, as they affect nothing in the grand scheme and net no exp for the regular units in the chapters

but most of this sounds like criticism of the game itself, to which I have no control over

2 Likes

part 11
yeah give 'em heck
1 Like

hol’ up

so, if aaron joined up with the main group, does that mean
no more awful generic gaidens?

who knows

part 12
1 Like

sorry not sorry
1 Like

remember when we thought 6x was the last generic chapter

LOL @ us

5 Likes

part 15? probably
2 Likes

part 16
someone’s in troubleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
1 Like

The supply chapter is prob one of my favs in TRTR, but I agree that the low deployment count is ‘artificial difficulty’.

Watching this makes me want to do another playthrough. Good luck!

weo 17
ava time
1 Like

sorry
1 Like

so I am a dumb and I messed up one of the recordings for this week
by messed up I mean I recorded only my face and game audio, with no game visuals :B

so expect thursday’s video to be a bit different :ghost:

Happens to the best of us, that’s still funny though.

1 Like

it was snakeman

and the mess that is ch17 lol
1 Like

Just wanted to stop in and say I’ve really been enjoying the LP. I haven’t played RtR in quite a while but watching it again has been awesome. Keep up the great work!

(P.S.) I actually liked Vance though hahaha.

wat

Well to each his own I guess lol

But thank you!

yahoo ch18
1 Like

for some reason the quality is messed up for the first 8? minutes?
no idea why, the original file isn’t like that, I’m going to see if I can fix it but I doubt I can
1 Like