Elibean%20Nights-1
:soon:

Elibean%20Nights-2

so I guess ill make a lets play since this is cancelled

IT BEGINS

Elibean%20Nights-3
FE7 plot summary, go!

Elibean%20Nights-6
He was joined by his close friend Hector, Marquess Ostia’s younger brother. Together, the two scoured Lycia for clues.

Elibean%20Nights-9
oh hey look it’s girl Marth

Elibean%20Nights-10
What they uncovered was a conspiracy far greater than any of them could imagine.

Elibean%20Nights-12
He sought to conquer Lycia and pry its throne from the hands of Marquess Ostia. However, even Darin himself was merely a pawn in an even grander scheme.

Elibean%20Nights-15
to call forth a dragon from another realm and absorb its powers for himself. Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn were determined to stop him. Their quest took the trio through Elibe: from the barren Nabata desert, to the mighty Kingdom of Bern.

Elibean%20Nights-20
oh it’s santa from fe7 chaos mode

Elibean%20Nights-21
They returned to the Dread Isle to confront the villain again. They put an end to his madness and slew the raging dragon he had summoned.

Elibean%20Nights-25

Elibean%20Nights-26
man I wish

Elibean%20Nights-26~2: Err, yes? I just finished reading “The Blazing Sword”. Was it not to your liking?

Elibean%20Nights-30

this kid is my spirit animal

Elibean%20Nights-26~2: Boring?! That’s one of the great Elibian epics!

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Yes, and I’ve heard it told at least a thousand times!

Elibean%20Nights-33
Local prince is a fucking psychopath, more news at eleven.

Elibean%20Nights-26~2: Wait, Prince Luke! Please! I have others!

Elibean%20Nights-35
yeah arch fe4xna when?

Elibean%20Nights-36

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Yes! I want you to take care of this boring storyteller!

Elibean%20Nights-38~2: Understood. Would you like us to bring the next two in?

Elibean%20Nights-40
This kid is my spirit animal

Elibean%20Nights-26~2: Augh! Unhand me!

Elibean%20Nights-42
Where are you taking us?

Elibean%20Nights-44

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Ah, you must be the new storytellers!

Elibean%20Nights-46

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: My daddy, the King, has his soldiers capture all of the great soldiers to entertain me. You’re my new entertainment!

Screenshot_2019-11-08-20-45-25~2: Er…“New” entertainment? What happened to the old entertainment?

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Whenever a storyteller tells me a boring story, I just call in the guard.

Elibean%20Nights-54
Aaaaand psychopath confirmed.

Elibean%20Nights-55
Yep.

Screenshot_2019-11-08-20-45-25~2: Well, that shouldn’t be a problem for us, Dane. Luckily for you, little prince, we have all sorts of tales! The land of Elibe…A world whose history is rich, and whose stories are richer!

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Yet another Elibian thing? Boring!

Elibean%20Nights-65~2: But we assure you, it’s far from boring!
Elibean%20Nights-62
rolllllll credits

Elibean%20Nights-65~2: I promise that it’ll be a fresh experience!

Elibean%20Nights-64

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Tell me that story!

Elibean%20Nights-65~2: Umm…What about those tales from Elibe?

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: I wanna know about your eye armor!

Screenshot_2019-11-08-20-45-25~2: Prince Luke, we were brought here to tell you stories. Let’s not waste any time! We’ve many fantastic tales to share with you.

Elibean%20Nights-66~2: Alright, I’ll listen to your “Elibean Nights”. But they’d best not bore me, or else I’ll call the guard!

Elibean%20Nights-73
And on that note, it finally really begins.

But first, some boomers.

Credits

Elibean%20Nights-76
Elibean%20Nights-77
Elibean%20Nights-78
Elibean%20Nights-79
Elibean%20Nights-80
Elibean%20Nights-81
Elibean%20Nights-82
Elibean%20Nights-83
Elibean%20Nights-84
Elibean%20Nights-85

And now we can finally get started.
Elibean%20Nights-91
Choose wisely.

• Eliwood
  • Lyn
  • Hector
  • Pent
  • Raven
  • Karel
  • Jerrot
  • Legault
0 voters

next update soontm

3 Likes

Someone gonna LP Elibean Night? @RobertFPY grab me some popcorn pls!

4 Likes

Eliwood’s Tale or, Local Marquess overcomes angst and defeats a shitton of muscular bare-chested dudes

The people have spoken, and they seem to be correct.

But first, some pairings. Now, I could select all the most canon pairings…buuuuuut that’s a little boring. Instead, I did the opposite, and selected the most nonsensical pairings.
We have:
Rebecca x Sain
Serra x Oswin
Fiora x Kent
Priscilla x Heath
Farina x Dart
Nino x Legault
Isadora x Renault
And Lyn x Eliwood

Now with all that out of the way, let’s begin.

Elibean%20Nights-12
My impressions from the last time I played Elibean Nights is that Eliwood’s tale is like FE7: fairly basic and decent, but doesn’t really attract strong feelings one way or another. Really, the only annoying thing is that the berserkers just never stop spawning.

Story stuff

Elibean%20Nights-13
Me when haves no milk

Elibean%20Nights-14
yes punish me lyn-senpai uwu

Elibean%20Nights-14~2:Lyndis? Ah, by all means. What can I do for you?
Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Forgive me, Eliwood, but I’m worried about you…

Elibean%20Nights-17
Clearly this just means Eliwood is a stressed college student.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Everyone is growing concerned. Please, tell me what is wrong?

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Tell everyone that I’ll be all right. There’s no cause for alarm, I promise.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Please, Eliwood, just talk to me?

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: …I’m sorry, Lyn. Don’t be troubled, please. I just need time to collect my thoughts, nothing more.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Eliwood…

In other news…
Elibean%20Nights-42

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: I haven’t seen him so distraught since Lord Elbert passed on.

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: There’s your explanation right there, Sir Marcus. Lady Eleanora’s passing is disturbing Eliwood. Please, just allow him some time to mourn.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: I understand that despair. Forgive my bluntness, but he’s been thus way for two weeks! We have intelligence suggesting the Bolm Mountain Bandits have been increasingly active.

Elibean%20Nights-51
Nooo I need the angst

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Can nobody else handle these matters? Lord Eliwood is in no condition to lead.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Only the Marquess can declare an act of war, Miss Natalie.

Elibean%20Nights-55
…well that’s convenient

Elibean%20Nights-56

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: I couldn’t get him to open up.

Elibean%20Nights-58
That’s just called divorce.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Eliwood claims he only wants time to think. And yet I worry for him, he doesn’t look well…

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: It’s out of hand! Miss Natalie, do you have any suggestions?

Elibean%20Nights-63
Wait elibe has psychiatrists?

Elibean%20Nights-64
Don’t we all?

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: …That just might be it. When we sailed home from the Dread Isle after Elbert died, Elwood was silent for the entire trip to Lycia… Remember? We were attacked by the Black Fang that night.

Elibean%20Nights-69
By “fought valiantly” do you mean “got babysat while Marcus soloed the chapter”?

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: It was as if his father’s death was of no concern to him…

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Yes, I remember.

Elibean%20Nights-72
Top 10 pictures taken moments before disaster(NOT CLICKBAIT)

Elibean%20Nights-73
monologue time

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: How can you truly prepare for the death of your parents? I had expected it to come later, long into my tenure as marquess. Yet here I am…The last living member of Pherae’s royal family. In the span of four years, both my parents lost their lives…What if sickness or sword were to take my life right now? My dear, sweet wife… What would become of her? No…I can’t dwell on this…I won’t let it happen… Mother… Father… I hope my words may reach you now…

Elibean%20Nights-82
applause

Elibean%20Nights-83
Oh look it’s disaster

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: What? What’s going on? Is that you, Sir Meredith?

Elibean%20Nights-85
felicia.mp4

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: The Bolm Mountain Bandits, just as we feared. Our militia was taken by complete surprise…The last few men still fight valiantly outside, but the walls are breached.

Elibean%20Nights-90
understatement of the century

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: Harken’s gathering the knights elite, they’ll arrive soon. Well have to make our stand here in this castle. Where is Lord Eliwood?! He must be taken to safety!

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Follow me!

Elibean%20Nights-96

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: We’re under attack!

Elibean%20Nights-98
I see eliwood is channeling his inner Hector

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: The Bolm Mountain Bandits.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Marcus?

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: At your command.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Where are the others?

Elibean%20Nights-103
rlly?

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Harken and the royal knights should be arriving shortly.

Elibean%20Nights-105
perfect timing

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Well enough, Harken. Thanks for your concern.

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: That’s good enough for me. Lord Eliwood, stay back. We’ll all protect you.

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: If Pherae is to fall, you must escape!

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: …I appreciate your concern, certainly. But I cannot run away.

Elibean%20Nights-112
Goatee LowenTM is here to save the day!

Elibean%20Nights-112~2: These are the Bolm Mountain Bandits! They’re…tough!

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: These are my lands, Lowen. The people, these are mine to defend from these bandits.

Elibean%20Nights-116
thats banditcist

Elibean%20Nights-117

Elibean%20Nights-118~2: How could we deny you after words like those?

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: It’s settled, then. Come, we must meet these bandits with our finest!

Elibean%20Nights-121
And on that note, let the zerker slaughter begin.

the zerker slaughter

Elibean%20Nights-123Elibean%20Nights-124~2
Elibean%20Nights-138Elibean%20Nights-140~2
Elibean%20Nights-139~2Elibean%20Nights-124~3
i spent wayyyyy too long making it all fit together(also having too thin of a display probably breaks this)

So our strategy will be to send two teams in both directions to kill every last one of them. Very simple.

Now for our units
Elibean%20Nights-130
If I had, y’know, made pairings that actually might have made sense(ie Eliwood x Ninian), Eliwood would be one of our best units in the bandit slaughter thanks to WTA and decent offensive stats. As it is…he’s outclassed by Lyn in every offensive stat and only has 5 more defense to compensate. He does get a good 1-2 range prf, but…sol katti is ridiculously good now, so why pick off zerkers at 2 range when you can just crit and kill them.

Elibean%20Nights-128
Now, Lyn is ridiculously good, unlike in FE7. In particular, 23 speed lets her double everything on the map except Onslow, who leaves anyway. Also did I mention Sol Katti is ridiculously good now?

Elibean%20Nights-132
This is why. An astronomical 50 crit gives her 70+ crit against the 8-10 luck enemies. Combined with A support with Eliwood, she will crit literally everything. The weight reduction from whatever enormous number it was in base FE7 to a more manageable 10 means that her speed only gets reduced to 21 now, still enough to double all the axe wielders.

Elibean%20Nights-133
Compared to everyone else, Marcus is looking a little weak. That said, he still holds up fine. He also gets a broken prf, Espontoon, which is a brave weapon with a) 60 uses and b) 120 hit, allowing him to pretty much ignore weapon triangle. Also brave weapon. man this is like heroes with everyone getting broken prfs

Elibean%20Nights-131
Natalie is staffbot. Next!

Elibean%20Nights-136
Huh, an OC. Neato.
Meredith will also be staffbotting, but with more combat. For some reason she has access to all 4 types of magic, though she’ll mostly be using Elfire to double and kill all the low res axe users.

Elibean%20Nights-134
Harken is Harken. The thing I’m worried most about is him running out of brave sword uses.

Elibean%20Nights-137
Lowen is here to be a brick wall and not much else.

Elibean%20Nights-135
And finally, Rebecca will 3 range stuff I guess.
Oh yeah, bows are 2-3 range now with longbows being 3-5 range, though with hit reduction at range. That said she’ll definitely be one of the weaker units due to a) no weapon triangle advantage b) 16 str isn’t that much in this group and c) silver bow only has 65 hit, giving her only 80 hit against the fighter at the beginning, making her less than reliable.

With all that out of the way, we can finally begin to kill every last one of them.

But first, some talking.

Elibean%20Nights-124
First, Lowen and Marcus.

Elibean%20Nights-112~2: Just fine, Sir Marcus!

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Excellent. This is your first battle since being made a royal knight.

Elibean%20Nights-127
… well, that’s morbid

Elibean%20Nights-129
I love how shocked he is

Elibean%20Nights-140
yes marcus

Elibean%20Nights-112~2: It’s just…you’ve always been very tough on me.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Lowen, you’ve worked very hard under my tutelage. You’ve grown from a goofy squire to a dedicated knight. You may be a mediocre knight, if I may speak honestly.

Elibean%20Nights-145
oof.jpg

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: But you’re focused and reliable, an ally deserving of respect.

Elibean%20Nights-112~2: T-thank you, Sir Marcus! It’s an honor to fight beside my master!

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Don’t lose your head, Lowen!

Elibean%20Nights-150
ok boomer

Elibean%20Nights-112~2: Right, sir!

dammit why didn’t I get anything from that :angry:

Next, Natalie and Eliwood
Elibean%20Nights-152

Elibean%20Nights-153

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: You should take shelter, you might get hurt!

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Don’t worry for me, Lord Eliwood. I am a royal medic of Pherae, this is my duty.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: I appreciate the help, Natalie. I just want to be sure that you’ll be okay. Dorcas has told me about your leg before…

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: When my husband returned from his journeys, he took me to a great healer, Yoder, a renowned clergyman. My leg isn’t perfect, but I can get around on it. Of course, I’ve got my trusty steed helping me out! Sir Yoder inspired me, milord. I want to be able to help others the way he helped me.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: A noble wish indeed. Natalie, if you’re certain, then I’m happy to have you. My knights will protect you, but please take this tome. Battles are unpredictable, I can’t leave you defenseless.

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Thank you, Lord Eliwood.

Elibean%20Nights-171
ooo foreshadowing

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: She has reported some health problems recently, I want to help her in any way I can. It really is touching to see how much you love each other.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Natalie, thank you…First I must concentrate on winning this battle. But once this is over, I’ll focus more on caring for Lyn.

Lightning tome get!

Now, to the bandit slaughter.

Elibean%20Nights-194
Lyn starts us off by whacking this fighter, who she unfortunately doesn’t crit.

Elibean%20Nights-181
Meredith finishes him off.

Elibean%20Nights-179
Rebecca demonstrates the new 3-5 range longbows by 2-ranging him. Unfortunately, she doesn’t kill him.

Elibean%20Nights-180
We also loot our own castle and get boots. These will go to Marcus because a) 10 mov b) Marcus carries over into Merlinus Tale and c) aforementioned brave prf will let him wreck face.

On enemy phase…
Elibean%20Nights-182
It seems we have an evil badguy conversation.

Elibean%20Nights-182~2: Why did we wait so long to crush these weaklings?

Elibean%20Nights-182~3: In my book, it’s better to take time and be certain.

Elibean%20Nights-185
…wellllll…hes not wrong

Elibean%20Nights-186
yeah, which is why we’ll loot our own castle before he does. Can’t get looted if you already looted your own castle taps forehead

Elibean%20Nights-187
insert evil laughter

Elibean%20Nights-182~3: Eliwood’s the last member of the Pheraean bloodline. Soon, everyone will sing the praises of King Onslow, King of the Thieves! What are we waiting for, boys, get to work!

Elibean%20Nights-192
I think the leg is a better body part but eh

Elibean%20Nights-193
EEEEEEEVILLLLLLLLL

Elibean%20Nights-194
And another fighter tries to take a swing at Lyn. He fails miserably, though Lyn somehow fails to crit again.

Elibean%20Nights-195
fuck you physic staffhole

Elibean%20Nights-196
Back on player phase, Rebecca demonstrates the new, bad accuracy of bows by missing and thus failing to kill this guy.

Elibean%20Nights-197
We also continue to have some nice conversations over tea cue teatime music

Elibean%20Nights-198

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: My ears are always open for you, Marcus.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Exercise caution. We can’t afford any mistakes here.

Elibean%20Nights-201
Marcus is an asian parent confirmed

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Thank you, truly…

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: My family’s served Pherae for as long as anybody can recall.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: You’re a good man, Marcus. I count myself lucky to have such a sterling knight.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: This is my duty, milord. The hour may be dark, but we shall overcome. With you as our liege, Pherae cannot fall today! I shall do everything in my power to see it so.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Hear hear, Marcus!

Elibean%20Nights-211
Espontoon tiem

Elibean%20Nights-42~2:An old family heirloom…my most treasured weapon. Today, I wield it in defense of my land and my lord.

Elibean%20Nights-214
Broken prf get!

Elibean%20Nights-215
In other news, Lyn crits a dude(finally!)

Elibean%20Nights-217
and Meredith finishes off the longbow warrior, netting us his longbow. And yes, that is bolting.

Elibean%20Nights-218
Natalie also chips this fighter…

Elibean%20Nights-219
…to be finished off by Harken.

Elibean%20Nights-221
The enemies continue moving toward us, while this myrm manages to double and crit Lowen while still only doing 8 damage total. Lowen laughs at your pathetic attempts at “damage”.

That said a shaman does come in and deal substantially more damage to him. Also he’s poisoned now.

Eliwood continues to loot his own castle, netting us…
Elibean%20Nights-222
Huh. I feel like this would have been one of the dancer rings if, y’know, you paired Eliwood with Ninian like any sane person would. Anywho, this will go to Eliwood. In completely unrelated news, Eliwood’s inventory is full, and so we drop a Silver Sword.

Elibean%20Nights-224
Marcus shows off the power of Espontoon by critting some random shaman. By the way, he would have quadded the shaman anyway.

Elibean%20Nights-225
Lyn crits…again.

Elibean%20Nights-226
Harken cares not for your reaver weapons.

Elibean%20Nights-227
Meredith takes a heal staff from Natalie, and proceeds to patch up Harken with it.

Enemy phase…
Elibean%20Nights-228
oooo reinforcements
fun

Elibean%20Nights-229
This has been your daily reminder that FE class names suck.

Elibean%20Nights-182~3: I’m going to check on our boys down in the villages. Warner, I’m leaving this to you. Don’t fail me!

Elibean%20Nights-182~2: Of course not, Onslow!

Elibean%20Nights-182~3: Ahem!

Elibean%20Nights-182~2: I mean…King Onslow! I’ll see 'em all dead beneath my feet!

Elibean%20Nights-182~3: Good, good. I leave you to your work, Warner.

Elibean%20Nights-237
…oh he left. Neat

Elibean%20Nights-238

Elibean%20Nights-239

Elibean%20Nights-240
EEEEEEEVILLLLLLLLL

Elibean%20Nights-182~2: Bwahaha. These knights’ll wish they never stood up to King Onslow and the Bolm Mountain Bandits!

Elibean%20Nights-243
At last, the glorious and valiant Sain has arrived to save the day!

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: I fear for my lovely Rebecca…no, no! My sweet wouldn’t let these slippery brutes get the best of her! Not in a million years! Wait no longer, dear!

Elibean%20Nights-248
Oh, Sain…never change.

Elibean%20Nights-249
Oh look it’s the chapter gimmick

While enemies are attacking, the unit will make his way to the other side of the castle. On your next turn, that unit will appear on the staircase tile on the other side of the map.

Now that our favorite skirt chaser is here, let’s take a look at him.

Elibean%20Nights-13
His stats are actually pretty good, the issue is that he doesn’t come with a sword of any sort, so he’ll need to steal Marcus’ steel sword to do anything to the bandits and zerkers.

And we have some more talking.

Elibean%20Nights-252

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: The last two members of Lord Elbert’s Knights Elite…

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: Seems like the universe wants to pick off the last two! I thought I’d seen the last of battle after retirement.

Elibean%20Nights-256
ok boomer

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: If you hadn’t retired, you’d have likely met the same fate.

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: When word first came that the knights elite had vanished…I was dumbstruck, in a state of complete and total denial.

Elibean%20Nights-260
GASP is that a motherfuckin Immortal Sword reference?!

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: Even the strongest men…we’re all still just mortals, I suppose.

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: For a time, as the only survivor, I could see no purpose in life…My brothers in arms, all slain. I’d failed to protect my liege.

Elibean%20Nights-264
it seems Harken overdosed on depresso

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: What happened to Issac? Don’t think I’ve ever actually asked.

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: Marcus never asked either. I’ve never had the heart to bring up Isaac’s fate.

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: …Was it gruesome?

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: You know Isaac. Never one to back down. He landed the first strike, and was made an example of. Burnt to a crisp by the blackest of infernos…All that remained was a charred, crumbling skeleton.

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: …I see.

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: This only steeled our resolve. When offered surrender, we chose to fight. The rest is history. We knew nothing of the dark powers that we’d confronted.

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: Still, I’m happy at least one man returned home.

Elibean%20Nights-107~2: At first, I would’ve gladly lain down in my own casket. And yet time moves onward. Now, I fight for tomorrow. For Lord Eliwood, and the future of Pherae!

Elibean%20Nights-85~2: Hear, hear!

Now for Lyn and Natalie.

Elibean%20Nights-282

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Lady Lyndis! Milady! Are you alright?

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: I…I’m alright. It’s just…I’ve had some bad headaches recently…I’ve been feeling exhausted, even after a full rest.

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: I see. Lord Eliwood’s condition must be causing you stress. How long has this been going on for?

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: I think…I think it’s been about a week? Maybe a little more…

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Hm… Lady Lyndis, would you see me later? I feel it’s my duty to address this matter.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Thank you, Natalie.

ooooo foreshadowing

Elibean%20Nights-14
On enemy phase, these bandits run away. Clearly they’re scared of Lyn.

Elibean%20Nights-15
This myrmidon decides to attack Lyn.

Elibean%20Nights-16
It goes as well for him as you might expect.

Elibean%20Nights-17
Another bandit gets sacrificed to the 5 Lyns.

Elibean%20Nights-18
This myrmidon actually manages to hit Lyn…And is immediately killed for his trouble.

Elibean%20Nights-19
Another bandit decides to attack Meredith instead. It still does not go well for him.

Elibean%20Nights-20
damn you physic staffhole

Elibean%20Nights-21
Back on player phase, Harken takes care of a Luna shaman.

Elibean%20Nights-24
Lyn gets healed and then picks off the bandit.

Elibean%20Nights-30
And Sain moves up here. In a previous save I may or may not have had him take a swing at the swordmaster below him, leading to him going down to 10 HP.

Elibean%20Nights-31
Lowen dodges an eclipse asshole…

Elibean%20Nights-32
…and Sain gets a get out of jail free card via staircase.

Elibean%20Nights-33
Broken prf get!

Elibean%20Nights-34
It seems Eliwood has a little talking to do.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: My father once wielded this sword in Pherae’s defense. …Lend me your strength. I shall use this strength to defend our people… Just as my father did before me, I shall fight!

thank you eliwood very cool

At this point, the gang splits up. Lowen, Marcus, Rebecca, and Meredith go left, while Lyn, Eliwood, and Natalie go right to meet up with Said in the right corner staircase.

Elibean%20Nights-39
Back to beating up the bare chested dudes, Meredith patches up Lowen.

Elibean%20Nights-41
damn you eclipse

Elibean%20Nights-42
We should probably do something about the physicer…

Elibean%20Nights-43
In other news, Lyn crits another bandit.

Elibean%20Nights-45
And in what turns out to be a terrible decision, I move Harken up to enemy phase some warriors and bandits.

Elibean%20Nights-47
But before we get to that, zerker reinforcements show up. Two will show up as bush spawns and 2 as normal reinforcements for a looooong time(i think up to turn 20 ish?)

Elibean%20Nights-48
dammit harken

Elibean%20Nights-49
Dammit Harken

Elibean%20Nights-50
DAMMIT HARKEN! THE ODDS WERE IN YOUR FAVOR!

Elibean%20Nights-51
aaaaaand more zerkers show up. Wonderful

Elibean%20Nights-52
At least he didn’t die to poison. That would’ve been embarrassing.

Elibean%20Nights-53
Meredith brings him back from the brink of death.

Elibean%20Nights-55
More sacrifices are made to the multiple Lyns.

Elibean%20Nights-56
Sain one shots a rogue…

Elibean%20Nights-57
And gets this pretty good level.

Elibean%20Nights-58
You know the drill, moar zerkers appear.

Elibean%20Nights-59
Somehow this guy manages to hit Lyn. Twice.

Elibean%20Nights-60
But even the rng can’t save him from Lyn.

Elibean%20Nights-61
dammit Lyn

Elibean%20Nights-62
much better, Harken

Elibean%20Nights-64
This druid manages to hit Sain…

Elibean%20Nights-65
…and Lyn gets healed…

Elibean%20Nights-66
…so she can kill the druid.

Elibean%20Nights-68
Rebecca chips the swordmaster…

Elibean%20Nights-69
and Harken heals up since poison in actually kind of a threat now.

Elibean%20Nights-71
How many zerkers are there?!

Elibean%20Nights-72
Lowen continues to tank…

Elibean%20Nights-74
And more physicing occurs.

Elibean%20Nights-75
Also, this rogue stole an iron rune from the chest at the top left. We should probably do something about that…

Elibean%20Nights-76
But first, the swordmaster. Rebecca chips…

Elibean%20Nights-78
…and Marcus finishes.

Elibean%20Nights-77

Elibean%20Nights-79
Meredith and Eliwood use two kinds of fire to take out two kinds of bandits.

Elibean%20Nights-80
On the other side, Lyn is being Lyn. Though this crit doesnt kill due to sheer HP, she doubles anyway-

Elibean%20Nights-81
wait wut

Elibean%20Nights-82
Sain gets a heal to finish the zerker off

Elibean%20Nights-83
dammit sain

Elibean%20Nights-84
man the rng must really hate me

Elibean%20Nights-85
At least he manages to kill him with the double.

Elibean%20Nights-87
oh neat another crit

Elibean%20Nights-88
Sain dodges a bullet and kills the bandit.

Elibean%20Nights-90
I take back anything bad I ever said about the rng.

Elibean%20Nights-94
Lyn continues being Lyn.

Elibean%20Nights-95
With two crits, because the first one didn’t kill.

Elibean%20Nights-98
Lyn equips Mani Katti since Sol Katti is kind of running out of uses.

Elibean%20Nights-107
The reaping continues.

Elibean%20Nights-110
Now for the iron rune rogue. Rebecca chips…

Elibean%20Nights-111
yay strength

Elibean%20Nights-112
…and Marcus finishes. Iron rune get!

Elibean%20Nights-113
wow that sure was LUCKy wasn’t it Marcus?

Elibean%20Nights-115
so many disappointing levels. I probably used up all my luck with Sain dodging the zerker.

Elibean%20Nights-121
…I stand corrected.

Elibean%20Nights-128
Theeeeeeres the rng we know and love

Elibean%20Nights-130

Elibean%20Nights-131

Elibean%20Nights-132

Elibean%20Nights-136
Everyone gets in on the zerker murdertrain.

Elibean%20Nights-138
and Natalie gets a decent level from healing.

Elibean%20Nights-146
Your time is up, physic staffhole.

Elibean%20Nights-149
From the slaughter comes this mediocre level.

Elibean%20Nights-153
Lyn ducks an axe.

Elibean%20Nights-154
And the multiple Lyns strike back.

Elibean%20Nights-155
Burn, baby, burn~

Elibean%20Nights-157
With one final snipe, the tyranny of the physic staffs is ended.

Elibean%20Nights-165
The venin edge swordmaster is also sniped.

Elibean%20Nights-163
In what turns out to be another terrible idea, I advance the entire right side.

Elibean%20Nights-170
ow

Elibean%20Nights-171
ow

Elibean%20Nights-172
With great pain comes mediocre levels.

Elibean%20Nights-173
Over on the left side, things aren’t going much better.

Elibean%20Nights-175
Let’s patch Marcus up.

Elibean%20Nights-179
Tanking is very profitable for Lowen.

Elibean%20Nights-181

Elibean%20Nights-183

Elibean%20Nights-184
Look at all those dodges.

Elibean%20Nights-189
Harken takes Marcus’ steel sword since the brave sword is running a little low on uses.

Elibean%20Nights-191
dammit eliwood

Elibean%20Nights-193
Lyn gets more stats to be more Lyn.

Elibean%20Nights-196
Marcus makes another lucky dodge.

Elibean%20Nights-197
The rng giveth, and the rng taketh.

Elibean%20Nights-201
Here’s Lyn crit #3142.

Elibean%20Nights-204
A pretty bad level for Rebecca…

Elibean%20Nights-205
And an only slightly one for Marcus.

Elibean%20Nights-210
Your demise will come as soon as I can get Lyn close enough to you.

Elibean%20Nights-212
All the Lyn crits are getting boring, so have a Lowen crit.

Elibean%20Nights-218
Death to physic.

Elibean%20Nights-219
Now that zerker reinforcements have dried out, it’s time to draw out the shaman.

Elibean%20Nights-220
Meanwhile Natalie goes to the top right chest since I may or may not have completely forgotten about it.

Elibean%20Nights-221
Shaman status: baited.

Elibean%20Nights-226
Shaman status: dead.

Elibean%20Nights-224
thats a lotta damage

Elibean%20Nights-225
…That was disappointing

Elibean%20Nights-297
And so is this level.

Now onto the boss.

Elibean%20Nights-301
Elibean%20Nights-302
Warren has some pretty good stats, but the problem is is that he’s a zerker, and thus dies to Lyn. We can also easily get him to switch to his weaker short axe and not have to deal with brave or reaver shenanigans, since he only moves in range.

Elibean%20Nights-303
I chip Warner with Bolting because I can.

Elibean%20Nights-304
Before we finish off Warner, we have some more talking to do.

Elibean%20Nights-305

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: Oh, what a joy it is to reunite at last! I feared we might never see each other again…

Elibean%20Nights-308
https://ameriburn.org/public-resources/find-a-burn-center/

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: You look worried. What ever is wrong, dearest?

Elibean%20Nights-118~2: It’s nothing, Sain…

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: Are you sick? Are you hurt? Did you lose something?

Elibean%20Nights-118~2: No, it’s nothing like that, dear. I’m just worried about my brother.

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: Oh, right, Dan. I’m sure he’s just fine in the…

Elibean%20Nights-315
It was at this moment that he knew
he fucked up.

Elibean%20Nights-118~2: Sain!

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: Sorry, I hadn’t exactly connected those dots.

Elibean%20Nights-118~2: With his injuries he cannot fight as well… he’s been thinking about joining Pherae’s militia… I just hope he isn’t trying to fight anyone!

Elibean%20Nights-243~2: Well, we’ll just have to finish up here. Then, we’ll rush down and rescue Dan together.

Elibean%20Nights-118~2: Thank you, Sain. Let’s hurry!

Elibean%20Nights-324
Now we can finish Warner off.

Elibean%20Nights-325
more words happen

Elibean%20Nights-326
no

Elibean%20Nights-327

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: You have trampled my lands, harmed my people…I will make you pay for your misdeeds!

Elibean%20Nights-182~2: Hah! A nobleman who thinks he understands the world!

Elibean%20Nights-331
Well uh
No u

Elibean%20Nights-332

Elibean%20Nights-333
Eliwood sidesteps an axe and burns a heretic.

Elibean%20Nights-334
Aaaaand he’s dead.

Elibean%20Nights-336

Elibean%20Nights-337
Get lost, old man. You smell.

Elibean%20Nights-338
Ridding your castle of bandit infections is highly profitable.

Elibean%20Nights-339
Ooooooooohhhhh!

Elibean%20Nights-340
Eliwood’s face in this screenshot is amazing. He looks so done. Which is probably justified considering he just murdered(or rather, watched his wife murder) his way through 10 billion berserkers.

Elibean%20Nights-341
Anywho, VICTURI!

more talking

Elibean%20Nights-342

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Marcus…thank you. You, my wife, the Knights Elite…All of you. Thank you for reminding me of my solemn duties. You need not worry about me any longer, Marcus. I will carry on.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: It’s always a pleasure to be of service, Lord Eliwood.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: You’ve always been there to support me, Marcus. Please, continue to stay by my side through this. I’ll need a man like you to helm Pherae’s knights.

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: I’ve never had any intention of leaving. I will serve you until my death, Lord Eliwood.

Meanwhile…

Elibean%20Nights-354
“L-lord Eliwood p-pierced me with his D-durandal?”

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: It’s the only diagnosis that makes sense, milady. I’ve examined you to the best of my ability.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: I-I…I have to tell Eliwood!

Right on cue…
Elibean%20Nights-358

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Of course, Lord Eliwood. I was just finishing.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Ah, good. Thank you, Natalie. You’ve been a tremendous help.

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: It’s my pleasure to assist, milord. By your leave.

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: Eliwood…

Elibean%20Nights-364
You can tell by his face that he knows.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Why are you wearing that silly grin on your face?

Elibean%20Nights-43~2: Oh, before I forget, congratulations!

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Oh, thank you Natalie. Wait, what? Lyn, what is this about?

Elibean%20Nights-369
distant roys our boy chanting

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: I’m what?! Really?

Elibean%20Nights-14~3: It surprised me too! I feel so relieved…Were starting a family, it makes me so happy.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: I’m… Lyndis, sit here with me for a while.

Elibean%20Nights-374

Elibean%20Nights-375
awwwwwwwwww~

And now for one last monologue.

Elibean%20Nights-376

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: I’ve heard the news, but i still have a hard time imagining it…Me, a father…For the sake of my child, I must rebuild Pherae. The legacy must carry on, the new heir shall inherit and rule.

Elibean%20Nights-381

Elibean%20Nights-381
distant shouting: Hear, hear!

Next time on Elibean Nights Z…

Elibean%20Nights-382

Closing thoughts:
I think Eliwoods tale is definitely very good, if a little standard. But hey, you shouldn’t fix what isn’t broken. That said going in with Lyn, Sain, and Meredith was definitely easier than with Ninian, Wil, and Isadora. Meredith especially proved to be way better than I expected. The zerker reinforcements also felt like there were less of them than the first time I played Eliwoods tale. The story is also pretty good, tying neatly into FE7 and FE6, and it does a good job of putting the spotlight on Eliwood (totally not biased here but Eliwood is best FE7 character). Really the only things I didn’t like are the physic druids and there being a few too many zerker reinforcements-they could probably cut off a few turns earlier. I give it 8.5/10.

3 Likes

Also, while we’re at it…

• Hector
  • Raven
  • Karel
  • Legault
  • Jerrot
  • Pent
  • Lyn

0 voters

1 down, 7 remain.

I also want some feedback on the lets play-is it too long? Should I condense stuff? Should I keep transcribing every piece of dialogue? Etc. Any feedback is appreciated-just leave a reply below.

1 Like

“This’ll just be a story update so that it doesn’t take 2 weeks per update” -@Azendus, December 2019

3 months later

Opening thoughts: I really like Merlinus’ tale. I think it has an interesting premise/gameplay mechanic and hits a sweet spot of difficulty (unlike some tales cough cough Louise’s Tale cough cough).

Also wow this took way longer than it should have. Elibean Nights has way too much plot.

Speaking of EN plot:

the plottening

Elibean%20Nights-13

Elibean%20Nights-1
In some random fort…

Elibean%20Nights-2
Huh. It’s Not-Dart.

Elibean%20Nights-3~2: Lord Eliwood! Welcome Sir, what brings you to this fort?

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: I wanted to personally see how our new Militia Captain was doing!

Elibean%20Nights-3~2: I’m doing just fine, Sir. We just picked up two great volunteers this morning! I swear, our numbers grow larger by the day!

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Our militia was eradicated in the last attack, To have such a strong man at the helm of our rebuilding… it’s like a miracle! You appeared out of nowhere and took a job that nobody else would. You have my gratitude, Captain Dan.

(The comma in front of To should probably be a …)

Elibean%20Nights-3~2: Thank you for the compliments, Lord Eliwood. I left Pherae a long time ago, when I was a lad. Next thing I know I’m a grown adult on a beach!

Elibean%20Nights-17
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Elibean%20Nights-18

Elibean%20Nights-3~2: The citizens welcomed me back so quickly, it’s almost like I never even left!

???: Lord Eliwood, are you here?

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Is that…Marcus?

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: Indeed, milord. Sir Merlin’s has just arrived from Ostia, he’s heading the supply convoy!

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: Oh, that’s excellent news!

Elibean%20Nights-42~2: He requests a meeting with you in person. He’s waiting in the castle throne room.

Elibean%20Nights-14~2: I’ll return to the castle at once. Good day, Captain, be ready for the supplies. We’re going to need all hands in deck for the reconstruction!

Elibean%20Nights-31
ooooooooo foreshadowing

Back in the castle…

Elibean%20Nights-32

Elibean%20Nights-32~2: Now Hector walked into my shop in Ostia, you can imagine the surprise on my face! He asked me to lead the convoy to Pherae. We’ve brought everything you could possibly need!

Note: from here on, I’ll replace the mini portraits with the character name, since copypasting the text on mobile over and over again is torture and this will mean it won’t take six months instead of the three it’s already taken.

Eliwood: That’s terrific news!

Merlinus: I was also asked to deliver a message to you. Lord Hector formally requests your presence in Ostia immediately. He’s calling an emergency council meeting! He needs you to be in attendance, Lord Eliwood.

Eliwood: It must be important if Hector is calling a meeting…But the supplies for Pherae have just arrived. I couldn’t leave my territory now during reconstruction…

Merlinus: If I may suggest, why not leave someone else in charge?

Eliwood: Excellent idea! Merlinus, I hate to ask more of you, but would you oversee things with Marcus?

Merlinus: Myself?! With Sir Marcus? Oh Lord Eliwood, I am honored! My life’s dream is to serve a Lord. I promise I will not let you down!

Eliwood: Well, you’re certainly eager. I trust you’ll do a fine job. Good luck, Merlinus.

Eliwood: You’ll need it.

Back outside, we prepare to conscript the villagers…

Elibean%20Nights-54

Marcus: I’ve gathered a handful of volunteers to help.

Merlinus: So this is the legendary “posse” spoken of in the legends of the Hero-King Marth…

Merlinus: Excellent, excellent! If I may ask, who are these volunteers?

Marcus: Most are members of our newly formed militia. You should already be familiar with most of them. They should be arriving at any moment.

Roll conscriptions!

Elibean%20Nights-62

Merlinus: Ah, pleased to meet you, Captain Dan(who is most certainly not Dart).

Dan: Pleased to meet you too, Merlinus. My men are already waiting at the villages. I also brought my two best fighters in case of emergency. We’re all prepared to work.

Merlinus: Excellent, excellent.

Elibean%20Nights-69

Rebecca: Howdy, Merlinus! Me and Sain here are ready to help you out too!

Sylvain: It may not be the most glorious of work, certainly. But I can think of no nobler a way to spend my time!

Merlinus: Oh, how fantastic to have two Pheraen knights around!

something something pheraen nights

Elibean%20Nights-73
why do i get strong notice me senpai vibes from wil

Wil: I happened to be in this neck of the woods when my old pal Dan asked me to lend him a hand.

Elibean%20Nights-76
https://ameriburn.org/public-resources/find-a-burn-center/

Elibean%20Nights-77

Elibean%20Nights-78

Farina: We recently moved to Pherae, just in time for bandits!

Elibean%20Nights-80
definitely not a reference to a few other tales

Farina: With my pegasus, we’ll have things cleaned up in no time.

And now that the posse has been rounded up, it’s time for some gameplay exposition.

Elibean%20Nights-82

Merlinus: Listen everyone, I am carrying the supplies to rebuild the villages. I need to visit the village site to drop them off. Your job is to protect me from harm. If you do that, things should go rather smoothly. I cannot be attacked by anyone though, I’ll lose my cargo. Not to mention that I’m not the… sturdiest man. Once the villages are rebuilt you should check to see how the citizens are doing by visiting the village.

Elibean%20Nights-91

And after 3 months, much procrastination, and much not doing anything at all, update two of this LP has finally been completed.(even if its all story and i still havent played the rest of merlinus tale yet).

2 Likes