Just Another FE8 PME (GAMEPLAY COMPLETE, ABANDONED)

I’m tempted to make a monster unit bruh

2 Likes

We shall have to see what I can come up with then!

Do enjoy yourself if you do, hehehe.

And now, for our merry little band of weirdos, only up to Chapter 2 right now, and only Prologue still has any writing done. Still no skills yet and as such no magic stat, but I’ll come back to everyone to do that when they’re added.

Here be weirdos

11A
Rather fun to have your lord just tink all the things after a few levels, but at level 1 she’ll still take some damage. Very likely to cap STR and DEF, may cap SKL. HP will probably be okay, everything else is… what’s another word for tragic…?
22A
Many criticals and dodges, usual Swordmaster shenanigans!
33A
More Swordmaster shenanigans! Riiight after you train him up. …that makes two with no RES.
44A
Quite a bit of damage, may double Soldiers sometimes. Can take a few hits but maybe don’t send him into a pack of feral zombies. There’s the third with no RES
55A
Speedy Knight! How strange. I love it. Also starts with more DEF than Amaya, grrrr… …Ah well, hehehe.
66A
Dark magic and heals right from the start! Wonderful! I wonder what’d happen if he whacked someone on the head with that CON stat…?
77A
First extra character to appear! Since Speedy up there’s not a flier Hypasia does the ‘Ross’ kidnapping rescuing. She’s a prepromote with terrible stats and… 500% growths! Number may still be upped if I need to to make her useable, but I’ll probably add prepromote-over-unpromoted units to the template at some point if someone has fun ideas for it. Don’t try to whack an enemy with her Steel Axe, she’ll get doubled and die in a single round. How sad. …RES is also sad with how she allegedly repels magic.
88A
Speaking of Ross, here’s not-Ross! In addition to no skills she’s got no skill, how dire. This is the fourth with no RES.
99A
Also no RES. Mages are going to tear these poor people apart. Healy swordies are nice though! Will generally double most things which is good.

Aaand our bosses, courtesy of EmeraldKing~
1010A
I actually buffed this poor guy since he did no damage to Amaya previously, even with a Steel Lance. Cursed by Soldier stats I s’pose.
1111A
This guy uhm… hurts. A lot. Don’t get hit-- that is all.

4 Likes

Name: Gordon
Replacing: Neimi
Affinity: Dark
Class: Undead Priest (Light magic wielding zombie lol)
Promoted Class: Lich (Light, anima, and staves, kinda like a sage)

Boon: Res
Bane: Def

Personal Skill: Live to serve

Growths: (375% max. Probably too much but it’s what I seem to use as standard)
HP: 75
STR: 0
MAG: 75
SKL: 15
SPD: 45
LCK: 30
DEF: 10
RES: 125

Description: A zombie, who is also a skeleton. Don’t ask how that works.
Death Quote:
“Mrrrgh…”
Portrait:
Skeleton Armor Alt1 (Generic Pretsel) (1)

Palette:
I can’t do these lol, soz
Class Animation(s):

(Pre-Promoted)

(Promoted)
Inventory:
Lightning
Shine
Vulnerary
Other stuff (Credits and/or misc stuff I may have forgotten):
Credit for the portrait goes to GenericPretzel
And there it is. You wanted Resistance, you get resistance. Also, light mage. Because why not. Hopefully this one is good, since vanilla light mages tend to be kinda sad, but who knows!

2 Likes

lllmao

2 Likes

Guess I know who’s being tossed at the Mogalls.

With this newbie it seems all that is left (for now?) are Not-Ephraim’s team and any potential extras!

1 Like

Oh crap I forgot to tell to change the Journeyman bases to something more akin to a myrmidon-type class. I chose the boon and banes based on counting on those type of bases.

2 Likes

At least she’s lucky?

2 Likes

Strength and Speed will turn out well, probably capping, skill should be okay and will likely cap. Luck on the other hand seems a tad overkill seeming to (Assuming no caps) get to 57 if 10/20/20.

1 Like

I based her personal skill on Axefaith, with the twist that instead of gaining Hit from luck you get crit instead. I also took on acount how much crit should be gained per luck, considering if I had gone more than 1% per luck things might have gotten out of hand (if 1.5 per luck at 30 luck that equals 45 crit, let’s not even talk about higher luck caps or higher crit per luck) So yeah. 1% crit per luck if the skill gets done.
My guess is that the ASM can be based around Axe faith and just switching the values for weapon type and stat you get out of it, then again I know nothing about ASM…

I do not mind if it gets to overkill, the idea is to cap luck as fast as possible and get the crit boost as early as one can. As a side bonus she will get quite dodgy fast and It’s likely she will never get crit on a whole playthrough

2 Likes

I did somehow manage to do that Awakening skill from Fates, so I should be able to figure it out? Maybe?

Looking at the Axefaith skill at a glance it seems doable enough.

You may’ve jinxed it.
time to think of a way to render all of that luck totally moot. hehehe.

1 Like

I take this is a compliment, my commitment to get overkill on Luck has made you try find ways to counter it. This smells of higher crit weapons, enemies with crit related skills or just enemies with hawkeye to counter the avoid gained through luck.

There is so many ways to try to get around high luck and i’m interested in which you will choose to do, you’ve got my attention for this side project (Since Celestaris is on the making)

2 Likes

Perhaps a particularly evil enemy skill that increases crit by 2 for every luck you have? Something diabolical like that.

1 Like

That’s very very evil.

EDIT : Low luck units are gonna get completely screwed then.

1 Like

Tell me if there’s room for one more character. Im gonna give a chance to this PME project

2 Likes

There are 6 playable characters slots free in total. 3 of them are Kyle, Forde and Orson. Other 3 are extra slots.

8 slots free for bosses.

2 Likes

heck yea KIRI lez go!!

2 Likes

Name:Kiri Phoenix
Replacing: Forde
Affinity: Fire
Class: Fire Tactic. (Tactician)
Anima and Swords
Promoted Class: Flame Cap.(captain)
Anima, Swords and Staves

Boon: ?
Bane: ?

Personal Skill: Danza Fénix ( Rally Spectrum : +2 all near allies )
I’m gonna make the skill icon later I promise xD

HP: 50
STR: 50
MAG: 50
SKL: 50
SPD: 50
LCK: 45
DEF: 30
RES: 50

Description: A very smart strategist in find for a way back to her wife side.
Death Quote: I won’t let you alone … I promise … Misa

Portrait: Blondie Ellwood with crimson clothes

Palette:

Class Animation(s): I’m gonna edit it personally and send it later. Basically blondie ellwood with crimson clothes .

The promo with the horse … At the moment xD

Inventory:
Fire Tome
Brave Sword or any other sword
Vulneraly
When Promoting : Jouyeousie
A fire sword that can heal if it is used as an item. ( Sword of Seals but heals instead of being strong against dragons )

Class description : An enforcer tactician that use both, the pen and the sword.
Promotion class description: A rised tactician that leads on the battlefield.

I promise to personally edit the character later.

1 Like

Name: Esfil
Replacing: Extra 3
Affinity: Thunder
Class: Mage
Promoted Class: Mage knight

Bane: Hp

Personal Skill: Bargain

HP: 70
STR: 5
MAG: 65
SKL: 35
SPD: 60
LCK: 40
DEF: 30
RES: 70

Description: Believes that money is the only way to happiness.
Death Quote: No I slipped up… I was wrong mother please forgive your foolish daughter

Portrait:
Remurin_1

Palette: None

Class Animation(s): Regular

Inventory: Fire, vulnerary, Red gem

Portrait is by Remurin
Could you make her appear in chapter 6 in the village so it’s more then just the antitoxin.

2 Likes

Hmmm… now I’m somewhat thinking about… let’s just call them Statbreakers, one for each stat. That is, the higher your stat is the higher enemy’s stat of the opposite type is. (So Strengthbreaker would make the enemy’s defence go up for every Strength you have.)

Hehehe, I was hoping that the extras would get used for stages with no newbies.

Name: Ted
Replacing: Bazba
Affinity: Light
Class: Brigand

Bane: Spd

Personal Skill: Death Blow

Description: A ruthless and killer bandit and Faya father
Battle Quote: You brats make a grave mistake coming to my hideout! I’m going to enjoy killing each and everyone of you whelps!
Death Quote: That damn… useless… daughter of my…

Portrait:
Carjiga Emerald

Inventory: Poison Axe, Hatchet, Red Gem

1 Like