Jay's Spliced Portraits

Okay so, bare with me here for a bit, I remember reading something about a Fire Emblem game starting a cast of Pirates, and thus I kinda felt like just making a small mock up for a potential start cast for a Seafaring Fire Emblem set in a One-Piece-esce world of Island nations, but you know Fire Emblem-y. Thus these guys were born…

Oliver
Oliver

“A young man on the run. Dreams of freedom on the sea.”

Growth Rates
HP: 75%
Str: 40%
Skl: 50%
Spd: 50%
Def: 30%
Res: 30%
Luk: 45%

Sword-locked Lord, personal weapon is a Cutlass his promotion would probably just be lord or noble or something like that, but who knows.

Donahue
Donahue

“The stern, grizzled captain of The Rose Maiden, has zest for life and adventure.”

Growth Rates
HP: 45%
Str: 35%
Skl: 30%
Spd: 30%
Def: 10%
Res: 10%
Luk: 10%

Obviously a Jagen, his class, Captain takes the place of Berserker as a possible promotion for Pirate (ideally it would wield both Axes and Swords)

Palmer
Palmer

“An ever energetic and outgoing young member of Donahue’s crew.”

Growth Rates
HP: 80%
Str: 40%
Skl: 35%
Spd: 55%
Def: 20%
Res: 15%
Luk: 60%

The green Christmas “Cavalier” of the Kane and Abel Duo, also ironically doubling as the red oni of the Cord and Bord duo personality wise. his growths focus more on speed and luck.

Telford
Telford

“Donahue’s quiet first mate and constant shadow, a calm but strong man.”

Growth Rates
HP: 80%
Str: 55%
Skl: 55%
Spd: 30%
Def: 35%
Res: 25%
Luk: 25%

And the red “Cavalier” and, again ironically, the blue oni to Palmer’s red in the personality department. It’s should be pretty obvious that his strengths lay in strength and skill.

Miriam
Miriam

“A young beauty traveling the world. Does mercenary work to fund her travels.”

Growth Rates
HP: 60%
Pow: 40%
Skl: 55%
Spd: 50%
Def: 20%
Res: 40%
Luk: 45%

Early game Archer. Someone’s bow-locked waifu. Not mine.

The custom assets that can be seen here that aren’t mine were made by RobertFYP, WarPath, and DerTheVaporeon. As per usual my Portraits are all F2U/E. This was mostly just for fun so don’t expect like a full project or anything, I’ve already got one of those to work on, sorry for the lack of frames but again, just for fun.

12 Likes

I genuinely hate the color yellow, but I long to represent an obscure archetype.
Louise
so my noble yellow cav has the third and hopefully final version of her portrait.

Also I kinda plan to overhaul alot of my portraits, mainly to give the older ones proper FE8 colors and have consistency in armor design between characters of the same or similar classes.

10 Likes

wow…look intersting…by the way can I ask how you can change the graphic in your rom hack diffrent from origin FE8 rom? The front too ?

Depends on what you mean, If you mean portraits and such it’s easy enough with FEBuilder, just click on the characters portrait in the character editor then hit import image, If you mean battle animations and such, you can find that under “battle animations” in the advanced editors and it’s pretty simple too. If you mean tilesets and such…I’d have to get you a tutorial for that, I can find you some if I’m not very helpful…

It is not my question I want to ask TvT ~ but thank for your kind ~

This one my friend just calls Waifu
Idk man
Eh, I don’t get it

7 Likes

really nice portrait, may even try and find a place for them in my hack, I plan on adding a shaman so this could be a cool portrait. I’ll be sure to credit (thief skills are bad)

oh and the other portraits are good too

1 Like

Rebecca Neimi what’s not to love?

I’m glad someone’s able to get some use out of the older version of Hale, he was always meant to have a bit of Shaman vibe to him, like I’ve said before everything here is free to use and edit with credit (especially now that alot of it’s being redesigned) so feel free to use anything you want

I’m glad you specified the dude’s intended gender, a little hard to tell with the portrait.

Nice splices!

1 Like

who doesn’t love a ginger tomboy in heavy armor?
Franz

9 Likes

Thank you! I try

2 Likes

My only weakness! (nice mug btw)

1 Like

Working on something, no promises cuz I’m lazy but look at this
zmyrm_sw1
Fur Coat Myrm
And here’s what it looks like on Joshua, because generic palettes suck
zmyrm_sw1 josu

8 Likes

So after going back to the drawing board once more I decided that instead of having just two trainee classes in my Project I should use the three provide in the base game to their full potential. So I had to make some new portraits
Vaan
Vaan the Cutpurse (Thief or Myrmidon)
Alrys
Alrys the Laity (Priest or Monk)
Kaheela
Kaheela the Recruit (Pegasus Knight or Wyvern Rider, because she didn’t have enough redesigns lol)

9 Likes

are these free to edit? Because they’re really nice.

Everything currently here is free to use and edit, feel free to use them for whatever you want.

Please continue with swordmaster fur coat (´;Д;`)

Male Dancer V2
Finally finished this one, decided to just build him up from the ground up instead of working with the old male Dancer portrait also, I know…
Ewan
Would work well for an AU where Ewan and Tethys inexplicably swap roles and ages for no reason.

5 Likes