Is this going to be useful when importing music to fe8? (let me know)

Is this going to be useful when importing music to fe8? (let me know)

I’m doing this to help who is going to import music of FE6 and FE7 into FE8 using the ‘‘import song from another rom’’ in FEGBABuilder.

1 Like

I wonder about song samples, though. Do they vary between games? Will a simple .s file have the samples for a song included?

When I use this tool to import music from the pokemon games, it imports the samples too I think because it sounds identical when it works. When I tell it to use nimap2, it sounds quite different.

I worry that importing music from other games might not be useful to do if the samples or formatting does not match fe8. It may be better to instruct users to import music from other roms using the tool rather than to download .s files from the repo if they want it to sound identical.

1 Like

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I’VE WAITED FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS! My main reason is tht i want to change music that plays in fe8, particularly, the map before the route split (companions FE7) , the desert chapter (companions FE7), final tower floor (path of the divine generals FE6), final ruins level (Dragon’s gate 2 FE7)

Note: that if i can find some really good remixes, i’ll use those with credit to the makers of course.

1 Like

I’m not sure you or I understood this correctly; this seems to just be a document that tells you what song is at what ID in FE6/7, not exporting them as .s files or anything. I’m not sure about how helpful it is when you can just open the 6/7 rom in builder and check for the desired song’s ID yourself, but maybe it’s useful to someone?

2 Likes

Agree too, but it’s like a time savior, you print out it and search for the music code instead of opening the room and then searching the song. :v

Ultimately, l think a document is more useful. You would just need to open the doc and Ctrl-F the song’s name. As of now, you’d need to open another instance of FEBuilder, pick out the other game, and comb through the Song Table to find what you want. The ability to use Ctrl-F is the key thing here, l believe.

And, yes, this is intended for the “Import song from another ROM” button. FEBuilder doesn’t check if the other ROM is an FE game, it just grabs the song list.

1 Like

can’t you type the song’s name in FEBuilder to search it?

2 Likes

Oh… lt is true. Well, l expected a neat little window like that to appear with Ctrl-F, but yes, there’s a search function for the Song Table. Theoretically, though, a single document would be easier on the brain to find than the exact ROM you want. Easier on my brain, anyway.

1 Like

Adding music samples, in any cases if you don’t remember the song.

@Vesly , Maybe we could do this with other Roms? As Pokemon. What do you think?

There are lists already I am pretty sure similar to this one

2 Likes

Companions is 02
Dragon’s Gate II is 04
I didn’t find the ‘‘path of the divine generals’’, do you what name it has in the FEGBABuilder?
And soon I will send the file with all musics here, I didn’t finish it yet.

I didn’t know this…