Is There TOOLs to put my Hex Detector interpret in Anti-Huffman?

just like this, E9308H shall be where text “Eirika”(0212) exist, but it does NOT interpret it properly with my HxD. Is there any way to see the Anti-Huffman interpretion in Hex detextor?
Thx!

You can view the decompressed text in FEB or with textprocess’s textdump feature. If you try to look in HxD, then you’ll just be seeing compressed text.

thank you for your reply! but I think I’ve found the way! which we shall just insert the AntiHuffman_Patch.txt to FE8_clean.gba; then edit text with new rom, then we will see the proper text via HxD!

Wait what exactly are you trying to do?

well……just wanna learn the chaper of this link:[EA] [WIP] A Guide To Inserting Everything Through EA
yesterday I’m trying to figure out how to let HxD to interpret the those “This is some tutorial text.” like this……

This guide is extremely outdated, and there are newer, much better methods to insert things. What you’re looking at seems to be the precursor to the buildfile method of data insertion. I suggest you look at The Ultimate Tutorial 2, though it’s still slightly outdated. For the most up-to-date way to insert text, check out Snek’s Buildfile Tutorial if you don’t mind the self-plug. It’s incomplete overall, but the text insertion tutorial is done.

3 Likes

thank you very much!