Is there any documentation on Fire Emblem 10's model and animation files?

I was wondering because it seems FE10 modding is getting pretty popular over on Serenes Forums with a guy by the name of DLuna creating a Fire Emblem 10 rebalance hack, and I wanted to know if there was anything else that could possibly help build a modding scene.

There is a topic on Serenes by VincentASM entitled: FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

I am not sure what it covers however as I didn’t give the whole thing a read so it may or may not have the information you are looking for.

I wasn’t sure how to link the website as on my phone the url just shows as serenesforest.net so my apologies you may have to sift through and find it

I’ve already scanned that thread, there is nothing on there about models and anims, sadly :frowning:

I was able to edit the textures once and with help of some smashbros hackers we modded some models. But I don’t remember exactly how we did this …

Oh, so the formatting must be similar to Brawl, it was small, but thanks for the info.

If you look at the FE10 character pages on the Fire Emblem Wiki, there are model rips for practically the entire FE10 cast posted by a user named “Xenomic”. Perhaps he/she might be able to help you further, if you can get into contact?

Yeah I think I’ll talk to him.
Thanks for the help.

I’m pretty sure, that the formatting is different than in Brawl. Brawl is using .0mdl files for storing the models. Because auf that, you can’t open the FE10 models in Brawlbox. We had to modify it to open them.

Oh?
How so?

Yea sorry I couldn’t be of more help :stuck_out_tongue: how hard would it be to even edit these? I’m assuming way harder than spriting

Well there is an entire Brawl modding community that basically trivialized the difficulty of editting those kinds of files, but yeah it’s in a sense more difficult than spriting, if not for the different skill and mindset required.

Thanks! I’m gonna look into this :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile: