Is there a way to limit HMBs to reinforcements

• Hacking method:FEbuilder

• Base Game:FE8U

• Steps to reproduce:N/A

I just want to know if it’s possible to have only reinforcements gain Hard Mode Bonuses in FE8U similar to how it works in FE6, I haven’t seen any patches that allow this.

2 Likes

You could just disable hard mode bonuses and use the autolevel patch to give reinforcements autolevels when they show up.

This might work though the inconsistency with how I’m using HMBs is a little troubling.
I have it set so that

• Hard mode gives full HMBs
  • Normal mode gives half [round down] of Hard mode
  • Easy gives No HMBS

I will consider this suggestion, if nothing else shows up.

I found a solution so I’m posting it here incase anyone else needs it.

If you have a unit spawn in as a green unit then change to a red unit, they will not get HMBs the inverse [Spawn red change faction] should work if you wish to give Player units HMBs or even green units HMBs [though that’d be more tedious lol]

However this does mean you’ll need to have the map fade from dark to hide the unit’s spawn or have the unit spawn off screen/during other times the start event is faded to dark.

There’s an event command that changes the palette used by allegiances during cutscenes, used in “Turning Traitor” in vanilla. You could use it if you want to hide the fact that the units spawn with a different allegiance.

1 Like