Increasing class list

Hello there,
I’m trying to add some classes in a fe8 rom in FEbuilder. I’m trying to figure out if I can increase my class list. I can’t seem to expand the list as there isn’t any data expansion option. However when I double click it there is an option of it. But it doesn’t actually expand my classes data. Is there any way to increase the class list?

You can enable the button in settings

You need skillsys or EMS installed for expanded classes to work

Thanks. Can I also expand the list of characters too?

no, max is 255/0xFF and it’s already at that in vanilla

most things called “enemy” are unused iirc except units 0xFD, 0xFE, and 0xFF (Arena, snag, wall)

If you just want to add classes, there are a number of classes left over from FE7 that are unused. The Bard, unconscious Bard, Prince, and Princess classes are all free game to overwrite, for example, and the female Mercenary, Hero, Wyvern Rider, and Wyvern Lord aren’t used anywhere, either.

It bears mentioning that, by default, the footstep sound effects of classes on the map are tied to class ID, so the Wyvern Rider/Lord slots will use the Wyvern wing flap while the rest will have standard infantry footsteps. There is a patch for this, though, that lets you set footstep sounds yourself on a class-by-class basis.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks.

Regarding those sounds, there’s more than likely a patch to change them. Theres a patch for everything these days