I need help using FERecolor

I’m trying to make a battle animation palette for a Knight. What I did first was export Barth’s battle palette images (as it is both fitting for the class and because he was replaced by a different armor knight) from FEBuilder, and then loaded image data with FERecolor.

Then, I changed the colors in the order it showed me is proper, but when I tried to copy the hex code to clipboard and then paste it into FEBuilder’s clipboard for the palette hex code, it told me that the value was not 64 or something. The hex code that was copied off of FERecolor was notably shorter than the one which I intended to replace.

This is what my FERecolor itself looked like at the time. I don’t actually know how to use this program, so I can’t tell if there are any obvious warning signs I’m doing it wrong.

is there any reason why you don’t want to use febuilder’s built-in palette editor? personally i’ve found ferecolour to be more hassle than its worth, and just use febuilder’s

The initial reason I bothered to get FErecolor was just because I really wasn’t sure how I should approach battle palettes, as it seems recoloring basically anything other than portraits is at least ten times the hassle.

However from what I can tell FEBuilder doesn’t have an eyedropper tool which lets me pick up the colors I need from anywhere else on my computer screen. This is the main reason I have any reason to care about FERecolor, as the fact that it has this tool allows me to just recolor the battle sprite using Photoshop in the exact same way I recolor portraits and then just click on the color I need once it looks right.

I’m really bad at guessing which color is where just looking at the sprite in a lot of cases, so having to enter numerical values to change each one individually when I’m not even super sure where I’m changing is a huge pain. This was especially horrendous having to change map palettes (which I did do within FEBuilder) in which I completely gave up on trying to change grass tile colors and instead changed anything else on the map to try and give it a different feel around the grass.

Just screenshot the FE Recolor tab at x1 zoom, then paste it on paint and save it as a png, then import it to FE Builder, that’s what i did when I used FE Recolor anyways

Sounds cumbersome.

I just export the battle animation palette image with FEB. Then I edit the colours in usenti. Then import it back in. After that I just copy and paste the Hex into my Buildfile.

FEBuilderGBA also added the function to move to the position of the palette when right-clicking on the image.
However, it may not work if the image is enlarged.

As a design of FEBuilderGBA,
To change the palette, it is assumed that png will be imported after adjusting the palette using image editing software that can handle the palette correctly.

I see. Unfortunately FERecolor will not allow me to save images easily for some strange reason. In the future, I guess I will just have to edit palettes inside of FEBuilder directly, as other image editing programs for this purpose are not really any more convenient.