I just beat FE11 for the first time and I made a tier list of sorts and some other thoughts lol

(Before you ask why I put Marth in Major Showing it is because similar to how a thief’s access to chest is in his favor the village lock and high recruitment number do make him great. Like you can be good without being good in combat.)

Here are some thoughts I had:
-Overall I really enjoyed FE11, I think it may be one of my favorites. I do definetely prefer it over fates as while in both games I skipped the story Shadow Dragon could grab me while I bounced off both Conquest and Birthright
-It feels like a similar FE game to Fire Emblem 6, both going for a “little story many disposable charcters” vibe. Although I think I actually managed to do an iron man in FE11 because there was no FOMO that made me chicken out of oding a real FE6 ironman, because I didn’t want to loose out of the secret ending and play FE6 again. Both games have a enemy turn reinforcements issue, although it felt like FE11 does these less often and if it does, it screwed me over way fewer times.
-I really find the chameleon class to be an interesting twist on the dancer. (Both units allow you to effectively double an units use.) Although I think I prefer the dancer, it is nice to see that niche executed differently.
-I also like ballisticians, a pretty fun and tough class

I played a blind hard 2 ironman btw and as you can see I sure did man the iron with many of these units. But even though they are full of nobody’s, I can’t help but respect the cast. Marth being strenght blessed, the early game armor being the beast he was always advertised as, Caeda just being amazing, Beck, Jake and the chameleon being a killer trio of ballista, Tiki critting the final boss to avoid my planned sacrafice for her. It is great.

I am still not sure if I would call it my favorite FE game, but I do like it a lot. Not all chapters were bangers but the chapters not being too long makes even a weak chapter not drag. I suppose I enjoy warpskipping later maps as it feels like the game respects my time and when I say: “I want to go to the end.” it respects that wish. The game took me about 16 hours in game, which considering I enjoy shorter games, don’t mind

9 Likes

Fe11 is the biggest argument for lower difficulty Fire Emblem supremacy

There are so many minor little nuances to unit bases that just get swept away on harder difficulties bc enemies are just too strong

Wendell has both 10 defense solid speed and good res in paladin which makes him a banging filler unit

1 Like

I would heavily disagree here. One of the big reasons i like FE11 H5 so much is precisely the fact it feels like many unit stats are just perfect and make them feel unique. Let me list some examples:

Roshea has 7 speed at base, this is only 1 point higher than Vyland who joins alongside him, and with his awful speed growth, it may not sound like much, but 7 is the amount of speed you need to never really get doubled by most enemies till midgame. By the time you reach midgame he either keeps up just enough speedwise, or gets so bulky that he can just take being doubled.

Darros sounds bad at first too but has the same speed, and can also reclass into knight while having the highest def growth in the game (apart from Wolf/Sedgar who trivialise the game), so he can quickly snowball into carrying your run.

Wendell who you already mentioned can actually be a great sniper who pretty consistently doubles even on H5 due to having the highest personal spd in the game, and does really good damage with forged iron bows.

Tomas seems like a meme unit until you realise he only needs 1 level to promote, and a couple of bow hits to reach A rank for Parthia, which combined with his base 9 str as a sniper lets him one shot nearly every Draco knight in the game (and he only needs 1-2 more str to one shot them all!), effectively making him a really good filler unit for the lategame, even better than a trained Jeorge at times.

I could go on and on about all the little unit niches, but I’ll save you my ramblings. My point is if all the enemies are much weaker, then your stats don’t really matter as much, because you can just one round with pretty much any character either way after a few levels. Tomas +2 str over jeorge wouldn’t matter because even 7 str would be enough to one shot, etc.

That being said, if you have more fun playing the games on easier difficulties, all the power to you. They’re there for a reason, and at the end of the day what really matters is if we’re having fun, or learning something from the games we love.

6 Likes